Confirmed with Link: 1 year $825K for Berggren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I feel like Nyquist-lite would be a full time NHL player by now. You can't fault someone for not being stoked about a player going into their +6 draft year and vying for a show me contract.

If he turns out to be a Blake Wheeler type late bloomer that would be fantastic. At this point though, we've seen Joe Veleno, drafted the same year and regarded slightly higher than having jock-itch by many here, play over 200 NHL games.

Nyquist himself wasn't a full time NHL player until his D+6 though?

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Yeah, that MFer Dan Cleary blocking him, ya know?:sarcasm:. Joking aside I do think Nyquist was a casualty of a terribly executed development tactic.

To the point, I just don't think Berggren is going to be Nyquist-lite, more like <Sprong. I hope for the best but could care less if he walked.

Last edited:

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I feel like Nyquist-lite would be a full time NHL player by now. You can't fault someone for not being stoked about a player going into their +6 draft year and vying for a show me contract.

If he turns out to be a Blake Wheeler type late bloomer that would be fantastic. At this point though, we've seen Joe Veleno, drafted the same year and regarded slightly higher than having jock-itch by many here, play over 200 NHL games.
Veleno never put up good numbers in the AHL. Berger put up fantastic numbers

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Not a great comparison, Holland held him down for reasons. Nyquist proved that the moment he was called up for good. Berggren is going to wash out as one of those not top 6 enough for the top 6, not bottom 6 enough for the bottom 6 players. He will be in Europe within 5 seasons after another team tries him out.

Reactions: RabidBadger
Berggren isn't the type of player you put on your 4th line, Veleno is. Berggren has to take a spot from much better players than Veleno had to.
Agree in spirit, but last yr Veleno played alot with Fabbri and Sprong. So the coaching staff will absolutely put a player like him on the 4th line - for better or worse. And I tink that Johnny can replace Sprong's ES and PP production just fine. And I have a hard time imagining that he beats out anybody in the top6 when everybody is healthy.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Coaching staff has more to prove than Berggren does...
No. No they do not. Berggren is the player who would score as much as Patrick Kane if they used him the same way, right? He should then be good enough that they utilize him more.

Thats the thing, no one was freaking out. You repeatedly, like a dozen times, have posted as though you're the voice of calm and reason among frazzled people who are staying up all night, pulling their hair out, chain smoking, putting off meals and showers because they are in a constant panic-vigil with faces glued to their screens.
No one was panicking. It's a hockey forum and there was literally no other news to talk about. Asking "when are they going to sign already?" is not the freakout meltdown you seem to think it is.

Thank goodness we had you to hold the forum together.

Saying “it’s inexcusable to not have them signed before training camp” is.

Griping about offer sheets that were never going to come is.

It’s one thing to disagree, it’s another to lie about stuff. Multiple posters (of the same negative tilt we normally see) were like Chris I and Yzerman owe it to us ticket buyers to sign these guys right now. “Shouldn’t people who are emotionally and financially invested in what’s going on have a say?”

No, nobody was like threatening to stab anyone or go full postal. But there was a hell of a lot more panic that they were unsigned coming to training camp than “can these guys sign already?”

Lastly, I’m not holding anything together. My whole post was only arguing Ricky’s assertion that now Raymond has signed those who weren’t getting anxious will come out of the woodwork because it’s done and I just said from the start of FA that I wasn’t worried.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad