Transfer: Summer transfers rumors and bickering

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't really fully agree that these are strictly his limitations. He is very inconsistent in some of these areas, but a lot of that is a function of getting very infrequent playing time, and having a poorly organized midfield with no role that really suits his strengths as a player.

He's had these limitations under three coaches, and various roles.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think Pogba's comments while you see them often enough are pretty telling. I think he wants to go to Madrid and now. His contract situation doesn't do United any favors either.

Yeah, I read them and had the same thoughts. Would love to see Madrid splash 400 million on Hazard and Pogba.

Yeah, they tend tie things up early when they can. They need to get rid of some dead wood though while also making a decision on Coutinho and Malcolm.

Coutinho is goner for sure... Malcolm I'd keep unless they can get a great offer. No point in buying high and selling low.I personally haven't seen anything that makes me think he's special and didn't understand the move in the first place. La Masia is a much better option.

Or just make the better move and stick with Jovic.

Silly LH... getting the better player is and will always be the better move.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lucas Hernandez to Munich done deal 80 million apparently 40 million has already been paid to Madrid. Decent price Atleti looking like another retool (mini one at least) Since the last one kinda got f***ed.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lucas Hernandez is freakin' awesome and he has some good traits to become Ramos 2.0. 80 million is an overinflated price, probably by 20 million, but you can do so much worse. He will be easily worth 80 million once he becomes a full time CB and not this fullback garbage because they have to keep playing skeletons like Godin over him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lucas is not worth 80M. Likely barely half of it.

Yeah, the market is f***ed. This needs to be said each window. I wonder what this says about Godin surely they can't lose both in the same summer. Perez needs to be insulated.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yeah, I read them and had the same thoughts. Would love to see Madrid splash 400 million on Hazard and Pogba.

Coutinho is goner for sure... Malcolm I'd keep unless they can get a great offer. No point in buying high and selling low.I personally haven't seen anything that makes me think he's special and didn't understand the move in the first place. La Masia is a much better option.

Silly LH... getting the better player is and will always be the better move.

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, I hope they sign everybody. Neymar, Mbappe' (he and Ramos can fight to see who takes the penaldos), Pogba, Harry Kane, Harry Potter, you name it. Actually I've been discussing this with the Madridista co-worker (I really should be on Instagram and I can share text conversations #themadridistacoworker) and he keeps saying he wants Mbappe'. I keep telling him, so at least 250 million then? I told him yesterday he's going to get Dele Alli and like it!

I'm not so sure Coutinho is a goner. We'll see what happens. We can dream though. I can see the dominoes (the actual game pieces, not the pizza) falling into place now... Mbappe' to Madrid... Coutinho to PSG... Rabies to... United... Puig to the first team... Saul... who cares? As for Malcolm, who in La Masia is better? I would have just held on to Deulofeu myself, but neither he nor anyone else in La Masia is better. Part of the problem with Malcolm is that Messi is in front of him.

Silly Duchene. Not seeing that Jovic is obviously the better option here.

Lucas Hernandez to Munich done deal 80 million apparently 40 million has already been paid to Madrid. Decent price Atleti looking like another retool (mini one at least) Since the last one kinda got ****ed.

Maybe Bayern could use Vermaelen as well.

That seems like an insane price for Lucas Hernandez. Am I missing something here?

De Ligt doesn't want to play for them.

Yeah the market has lost its damn mind... next you’ll have overrated Brazilians like Coutinho going for 150 million. Or young players like Dembele for 100 LOL

Dembele for 100 million is sanity, sadly Coutinho for 150 million is not. Fortunately PSG 'bout to get real insane up in here. Right @Evilo ?

Dembele last season at Dortmund vs Sancho this season - who is better?

Wilshere.

Lucas Hernandez is freakin' awesome and he has some good traits to become Ramos 2.0. 80 million is an overinflated price, probably by 20 million, but you can do so much worse. He will be easily worth 80 million once he becomes a full time CB and not this fullback garbage because they have to keep playing skeletons like Godin over him.

Spot on. Being the douchebag that Hernandez is he absolutely has some traits to become Ramos 2.0.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Like I said a couple of weeks ago, I hope they sign everybody. Neymar, Mbappe' (he and Ramos can fight to see who takes the penaldos), Pogba, Harry Kane, Harry Potter, you name it. Actually I've been discussing this with the Madridista co-worker (I really should be on Instagram and I can share text conversations #themadridistacoworker) and he keeps saying he wants Mbappe'. I keep telling him, so at least 250 million then? I told him yesterday he's going to get Dele Alli and like it!

I like Mbappe so no to that but everything else sounds good.

I'm not so sure Coutinho is a goner. We'll see what happens. We can dream though. I can see the dominoes (the actual game pieces, not the pizza) falling into place now... Mbappe' to Madrid... Coutinho to PSG... Rabies to... United... Puig to the first team... Saul... who cares? As for Malcolm, who in La Masia is better? I would have just held on to Deulofeu myself, but neither he nor anyone else in La Masia is better. Part of the problem with Malcolm is that Messi is in front of him.

Silly Duchene. Not seeing that Jovic is obviously the better option here.

Someone is gotta be willing to take him. I mean United/PSG anyone. BARca need to balance the books. Not sure who is better right now but Alena/Puig could easily fill in and do what he does right now plus they have more upside this is what I meant by Masia being a better option then willy nilly buying kids from other teams.

Dembele for 100 million is sanity, sadly Coutinho for 150 million is not. Fortunately PSG 'bout to get real insane up in here. Right @Evilo ?

His talent level in this market yes, however he should not be sold for that price given his actual performances.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I like Mbappe so no to that but everything else sounds good.

Someone is gotta be willing to take him. I mean United/PSG anyone. BARca need to balance the books. Not sure who is better right now but Alena/Puig could easily fill in and do what he does right now plus they have more upside this is what I meant by Masia being a better option then willy nilly buying kids from other teams.

His talent level in this market yes, however he should not be sold for that price given his actual performances.

Meh, I could care less. The more they spend the better.

Part of the problem could be Coutinho as well. He may not want to go to United. I don't care where he goes. I don't think they need to balance the books though. They'll probably make other sales and I'm sure there's a good transfer budget to work with. You meant Coutinho? Then that makes sense. I assumed you were talking about Malcolm in which case Alena or Puig aren't real replacements. Either way Coutinho is as unnecessary as he was the day they bought him.

Well yeah, you're always paying for potential in that case, but the potential was/is huge. He also put in good performances for BVB. We'll see better from him if Valverde plays him regularly and he stays healthy.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York

Deal United takes him if you take Alexis Sanchez.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Since the Coutinho "rumors" always ceom from Barca papers, I doubt there's anything true to that. Sure he's buddy with Neymar, but PSG can't afford a big transfer because FFP anyway. They'll buy a 6, maybe an 8, some defensemen, maybe a winger and a backup striker.
IF they sell high in a major move (Cavani? Draxler?) then maybe they'll make a splash but I doubt it's going to be with Barca regardless. I don't think PSG will want to discuss with Barca for any transfer anytime soon.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nobody's going to buy Coutinho. They paid way too much, there are other big players on the market, they can't sell him. The way he's played and with the wages he's on, they'd be lucky to get 50m. Maybe back to Inter.

He also plays one of United's strongest positions so that rumor itself is very lazy. Not only that but he wanted to play in Spain. So everyone should just forget that. If they really wanted to get rid of him they'd have to do something like what they did with Ibra.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Nobody's going to buy Coutinho. They paid way too much, there are other big players on the market, they can't sell him. The way he's played and with the wages he's on, they'd be lucky to get 50m. Maybe back to Inter.

He also plays one of United's strongest positions so that rumor itself is very lazy. Not only that but he wanted to play in Spain. So everyone should just forget that. If they really wanted to get rid of him they'd have to do something like what they did with Ibra.
I can only see him leaving for Chelsea if he were to move .

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's hard not to kind of enjoy Coutinho's situation at the moment.

In other news:

I really hope he stays. These young Dutch guys need to look at the path other Dutch players have taken to become World Class, or at least play at a high level at the top. Even the most talented ones. They should know better than to leave before 21...there's great coaching and a great environment for growth in the Eredivisie for young talents, they should make use of this.

Also this:

Barcelona and Ajax are considering a long-term partnership as the Catalans edge closer to securing the services of Matthijs de Ligt. According to Diario SPORT, Barça are offering 60 million euro for the defender, with Juventus the main competitors for his services.

The partnership would give Barça preference for buying young stars from the Ajax academy, while also giving Ajax preference in getting young players who do not have a spot in the Barça first team.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Supposedly Anderson is Madrid's Hazard backup plan. Wouldn't be the end of the world if he left, he's super inconsistent, but they'd better up that £65million offer if they want it to happen.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm still a little salty we ended up with Shaqiri and weren't in on Anderson. He would have been perfect to rotate with the front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad