Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Selling Upamecano for only €40m to a league rival. Ridiculous
Rival in what sense? Redbull are in no position to rival Munich. It's like when Sevilla sells Ivan, Vidal or Kounde to barca. They just know their place.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Rival in what sense? Redbull are in no position to rival Munich. It's like when Sevilla sells Ivan, Vidal or Kounde to barca. They just know their place.

imo Leipzig are to Bayern more like what Atleti are to Barça, instead of Sevilla

Also think a player of his potential shouldn't go for only 40m when some defenders go for double that number

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
imo Leipzig are to Bayern more like what Atleti are to Barça, instead of Sevilla

Also think a player of his potential shouldn't go for only 40m when some defenders go for double that number
They might get there but only last season did they make a challenge. Even then Munich won it comfortably.

NVM i was looking at this years table... so this is the first year.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He has a release clause this summer.

This idea that Bayern pillages their rivals in the Bundesliga is really not correct. Bayern and Dortmund rarely do business. Hummels is the only good player since 2014 that has been exchanged between the clubs. I believe his initial move to Bayern and subsequent move back to Dortmund were both heavily influenced by personal family reasons.

Leipzig also doesn't do much business with Bayern, and given how they've started to compete with Bayern recently sporting-wise, I don't see them doing much business with Bayern either. There's not much they can do at this point with Upamecano. The guy has a release clause. Someone was always going to activate it. Bayern's done so.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
They might get there but only last season did they make a challenge. Even then Munich won it comfortably.

NVM i was looking at this years table... so this is the first year.
Despite no club in Bundesliga is closer to Munich like RBL.

Reactions: cgf

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Bryan Gil is a very, very exciting young Spanish player. 0 hype here but he has been spectacular this season. A younger, better version of Trincao

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When Nailman leaves Leipzig to pastures new (even more so if he goes to Bayern) Leipzig will plummet.
Just like Dortmund when Kloppo left them; that depends on whether their management team can continue their success on the transfer front.

Cause they were closing that gap on the rich kids from the west (Bayern, Dortmund & Leverkusen) before Nagelsmann arrived, and if he can establish them as a top european side, that'll make future recruitment even easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

The alternative was to sell him coming off their run to the CL semi-finals & having lost Timo already. For a club that doesn't depend on transfer sales to fund their growth & is still establishing itself at that top level, I can't fault them for waiting to let him leave.

The timing of sales can be more important than the sums coming in, in some situations, and I think this was one of those. Just like holding onto Haaland could be for BVB, if Sancho is moving this summer.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yes please.
I mean...he's one of the highest rated players in the world and one of the most productive this season, and that's coming off of major knee surgery leading Lyon to 1st place in L1 currently. I don't know why you wouldn't want him, but eh. Liverpool could certainly use him. I wouldn't be fooled just because he's shunned L1 and looked to bigger leagues before causing distaste.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean...he's one of the highest rated players in the world and one of the most productive this season, and that's coming off of major knee surgery leading Lyon to 1st place in L1 currently. I don't know why you wouldn't want him, but eh. Liverpool could certainly use him. I wouldn't be fooled just because he's shunned L1 and looked to bigger leagues before causing distaste.
In what world honestly?

Reactions: Evilo and AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Depay isn’t anywhere near one of the highest players in the world, not even close, by any metric. He absolutely isn’t top 50.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Depay isn’t anywhere near one of the highest players in the world, not even close, by any metric. He absolutely isn’t top 50.
I'll make sure to take your opinion under consideration.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Currently by most rating sites. It's not the be all end all, but better than nothing especially since nobody here watches every league or every game even in the league they follow.
You dont have to watch every game to know how insane that claim is.

Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Done deal Palacios to f***ing Basel. 18 month loan then obligation to buy. Well here’s hoping they do another Salah.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You dont have to watch every game to know how insane that claim is.
To be clear I wasn't saying he was one of the best players in the world, just that he was rated among the highest (top 20) statistically. Maybe that wasn't clear in my initial post. Though if he can do what he's been doing in a better league I don't see why he wouldn't be getting more respect than he does currently (which is not much, and given how he's performed before United and since leaving United I don't really get it but people are stubborn).

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Depay is outscored by Kadewere if you don't count penalties.
In less minutes.

Vi är på gång, vi är laddade Tinotenda! (Our song for Kadewere when he played in Djurgården)

On a more serious note I hope Liverpool don't sign Depay

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Bryan Gil is a very, very exciting young Spanish player. 0 hype here but he has been spectacular this season. A younger, better version of Trincao

If he's better than Trincao it's not but much, but I don't think he is. If he is he's not as proven. I think they are similar though. For me the differences are that Trincao seems the better playmaker and has a better shot from distance. Gil seems to be a trickier dribbler and more tenacious on the ball. Again though, they both have similar attributes and I'd sign Gil up in a heartbeat. He had an assist today.

To be clear I wasn't saying he was one of the best players in the world, just that he was rated among the highest (top 20) statistically. Maybe that wasn't clear in my initial post. Though if he can do what he's been doing in a better league I don't see why he wouldn't be getting more respect than he does currently (which is not much, and given how he's performed before United and since leaving United I don't really get it but people are stubborn).

I'd prefer someone younger and better. Depay isn't bad and on a Bosman he's interesting, but I'm looking for a higher profile player. And this season a lot of Depay's goals are from the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad