Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ornstein says Manchester City want Lukaku in the summer. Would be a very good signing. Lukaku, a left back and a new pivot player ( maybe Soumare/Rice/Locatelli) and City should be winning the PL easily next season too. Pep needs to play the common sense 4231/433 they have been using all season instead of playing a 3223 or something for no reason in the CL and they will win that too with those reinforcements.

Why would they need another pivot player?
Lukaku to a Pep coached team makes absolutely no sense

Ah, it could work. Lukaku is very good ball to feet.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Why would they need another pivot player?

Ah, it could work. Lukaku is very good ball to feet.
The main weakness in this City team outside of LB and striker is a pivot player. Rodri is decent but loses way too many physical duels in big games, and isn’t very mobile. These would all be upgrades.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The main weakness in this City team outside of LB and striker is a pivot player. Rodri is decent but loses way too many physical duels in big games, and isn’t very mobile. These would all be upgrades.
He loses physical duels in big games? That’s a new one. He was very good last game against LfC and has been stellar this year. He’s one of the best in his position and is still very young. They also don’t have a striker soo...

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
He loses physical duels in big games? That’s a new one. He was very good last game against LfC and has been stellar this year. He’s one of the best in his position and is still very young. They also don’t have a striker soo...

Rodri has had a decent year, not a stellar one. He was quite poor last season and is not up to standard with most of the players starting. And yes, as I said they need a striker.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rodri has had a decent year, not a stellar one. He was quite poor last season and is not up to standard with most of the players starting. And yes, as I said they need a striker.
I mean given your post history decent for rodri is elite... no player has had more minutes on city and no one has had more app than rodri. Except for Ederson. He plays exactly how pep wants and is integral to the team style. There’s a reason for this.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I mean given your post history decent for rodri is elite... no player has had more minutes on city and no one has had more app than rodri. Except for Ederson. He plays exactly how pep wants and is integral to the team style. There’s a reason for this.
Pep is obviously an all time manager but he has absolutely overvalued spanish players in the past for no reason. Rodri is good but playing the most games is just down to there not being another player avaliable in his role with Fernandinho injured for large stretches. Rodri is not better than Partey, Højbjerg, Rice, Fabinho in that role. McTominay has also had a better season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pep is obviously an all time manager but he has absolutely overvalued spanish players in the past for no reason. Rodri is good but playing the most games is just down to there not being another player avaliable in his role with Fernandinho injured for large stretches. Rodri is not better than Partey, Højbjerg, Rice, Fabinho in that role. McTominay has also had a better season.

Yeah, that's true except there isn't a single Spanish player thats starts for city. So, its true only in your imagination. Simeone had him as an undisputed starter too after a single year city threw the bank at him.I think Simeone knows a thing or two about DMs He's 3 years younger than Partey and has always been better. Hell Partey is easily the worst of the Atleti boys. Koke, Saul,Rodri and Partey.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, that's true except there isn't a single Spanish player thats starts for city. So, its true only in your imagination. Simeone had him as an undisputed starter too after a single year city threw the bank at him.I think Simeone knows a thing or two about DMs He's 3 years younger than Partey and has always been better. Hell Partey is easily the worst of the Atleti boys. Koke, Saul,Rodri and Partey.
Ferran Torres played over Foden for the first three months of the season, most games. That is ridiculous. There are plenty of examples at Bayern, such as Bernat, Martinez playing way too much.

Also, Simeone himself has said Partey is more useful than Rodri. Partey is better than all those besides Saul, Rodri by far the worst. Atletico Madrid boss Simeone rates Thomas ahead of Rodri - Tribal Football

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ferran Torres played over Foden for the first three months of the season, most games. That is ridiculous. There are plenty of examples at Bayern, such as Bernat, Martinez playing way too much.

Also, Simeone himself has said Partey is more useful than Rodri. Partey is better than all those besides Saul, Rodri by far the worst. Atletico Madrid boss Simeone rates Thomas ahead of Rodri - Tribal Football
Of all the healthy players Torres has played the least, despite doing well. There its no preference.

This is after he left to city and Simeone clearly rates him why else would he buy him and make him a starter? But we should be believe you why?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Of all the healthy players Torres has played the least, despite doing well. There its no preference.

This is after he left to city and Simeone clearly rates him why else would he buy him and make him a starter? But we should be believe you why?
Simeone quite clearly rates Partey more, obviously.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Simeone quite clearly rates Partey more, obviously.
Unless you are Simeone you can't know this for sure. Again Rodri is younger and has been a starter every where he went, one of the best in his position playing under two elite managers but he's not a good player according to you.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Unless you are Simeone you can't know this for sure. Again Rodri is younger and has been a starter every where he went, one of the best in his position playing under two elite managers but he's not a good player according to you.
”Not a good player”? When did I say that? He is a good player. Just not good enough for City. They should replace him with Rice or Soumare.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
GWT: - PL Matchweek (mostly) 14

Transfer: - 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

You're a waste of time and a fraud but highly entertaining. Please proceed. I found the second to be especially funny.
You don’t understand that opinions on players change over time? Players have good and bad seasons where they perform differently. I have made a lot of different takes, some are right, some wrong. I seem to be right about Solskjaer, Werner and more.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You don’t understand that opinions on players change over time?
That was 2 months ago. Rodri was a nothing player. You asked when did you say he’s not good I just showed you. The Fabinho one is just hilarious because you argue in absolutes and talk about your track record is flawless.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That was 2 months ago. Rodri was a nothing player. You asked when did you say he’s not good I just showed you. The Fabinho one is just hilarious because you argue in absolutes and talk about your track record is flawless.
My track record isn’t flawless but it is good. I was right on Tottenham not becoming title condenders after their 2019 window, right about Werner, right about Solskjaer, right och about Lampard, right about Rice, right about Foden.

And no, I don’t rate Rodri. Plenty of players have been rated by top managers and not been good.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He still is a nothing player, tbh. Good player, but offers City nothing.
Nothing player who isn’t good at anything... now is a good player but doesn’t offer city anything lol. Sure buddy. Watch a non arsenal game for once. Better yet watch golf instead

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Nothing player who isn’t good at anything... now is a good player but doesn’t offer city anything lol. Sure buddy. Watch a non arsenal game for once. Better yet watch golf instead
By good player I mean good for a team in mid table or the lower parts of the table. At City, he looks out of place. I mean Jorginho is a good player but not good enough for Chelsea. Can you say what Rodri is good at?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The move to a double pivot benefited Rodri the most. He is getting a ton of minutes because Fernandinho has been out all season. He’s been good but he still isn’t in like undroppable category either. He’s definitely improved though.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Rodri is good, I have not been very impressed with him on my viewings at City, though.

I would take Fabinho and Hojbjerg before him... I don't think Thomas is better than Rodri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad