Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC should start a mini rebuild. I know they won't do it but I would not be against selling some vet star players to get younger and hungrier players.

I am crazy but I would consider selling the likes of Mane, Salah, Firmino, Trent. Not to mention the dead weight like Origi, Shaq, Ox, Keita and Minamino. Let gini walk too. Get a nice war chest and target highly skilled and competitive players.

Basically clean the board, give larger roles to youngster like Neco, Jones and go get players that have high talent and high competitiveness. Not just passengers like they have now. My number one target would be Harvey Barnes (I love that player). Keep some leadership like VVD, Fabinho, Hendo, Robbo and Milner.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My rebuild for my club this summer.

New Coach: It is highly likely Marco Rose will take over next season as Borussia Dortmund manager. Other names aren't even being discussed in the press anymore because it's viewed as a done deal.

Departures:

• Sure things to leave: Lukasz Piszczek, Mo Dahoud
  • Likely gone: Marwin Hitz, Felix Passlack, Marcel Schmelzer, Nico Schulz, Jadon Sancho, Reinier
  • Maybe: Roman Buerki, Manuel Akanji, Thomas Delaney, Tobias Raschl
  • Wishful thinking: Thomas Meunier, Marco Reus
I think we can make about 175M in total from the departures. Most of that will be from Sancho, but Dahoud will have some sale value, and if we sell Buerki, Akanji, Delaney, I think we'll get some money for them.

Team Needs: GK (someone whose good) RB (younger, cheaper RB whose not requiring a starting role right away), CB (an older CB who can defend), LB (defensive alternative to Guerreiro), winger (will stay wide, add pace to the team)

Potential Transfer Targets GK (Peter Gulasci, Bart Dragowski, Odysseas Vlachodimos, Koen Casteels), RB (Brandon Soppy, Julian Araujo, Tomas Esteves, Tomas Tavares), CB (Marvin Friedrich, John Brooks, Antonio Rudiger, Martin Hinteregger, Jannik Vestergaard), LB (Ramy Bensabaini, Borna Sosa, Christian Gunter, Adrien Truffert), Winger (Moussa Diaby, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Nicolas Gonzalez, Javairo Dilrosun, Jonathan Bamba, Reiss Nelson, Jayden Braaf)

Caveat: If we were to splash on a signing, go buy Edmond Tapsoba. Best player in football that fans still that the average fan doesn't know about.

Total Spend: I think spending between 100M-150M is very realistic, especially considering the money we'll have coming in from transfers. Gotta keep the net spend zero or below, but we should have some significant money to spend.

Promoted From Academy: Ansgar Knauff (full-time promotion), Nnamdi Collins (CB), Jamie Bynoe-Gittens(Winger)

Other possibilities for promotion: Dennis Luetke-Frie, Bradley Fink, Lion Semic (might be a season too early), Samuel Bamba (might be a season too early)

Outlook: We're going to have probably the best goal-scorer in world football next season. If we cannot field a team that can contend for trophies next season, there needs to be a total cleaning of house with the whole management staff. They get one more year, and then it's on them.

I think we should improve though with a quality coach who plays football that fits the team personnel. The defense has some good players (Guerreiro, Hummels, Zagadou), but we always seem to get the balance wrong. Continue shoring up at the back, and having a keeper who can win us some games will help. The offense will score, but needs to be a little more balanced in the roles of the players. This season hasn't worked well because we've only real winger due to Hazard missing nearly the whole season.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
5 players for 100M is totally realistic... Especially with names like Diaby, Vestergaard, Bamba, Hudson-Odoi....
I mean, surely, those guys will be worth 20M :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gecklund

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea rejected a Hudson-Odoi loan to Bayern because it included a 70m option to buy, so I'd be pretty surprised if 1. they sold him to anyone this summer and 2. if they sold him for anything less than that. And I'd be surprised if BVB were willing to pay anything resembling that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Chelsea rejected a Hudson-Odoi loan to Bayern because it included a 70m option to buy, so I'd be pretty surprised if 1. they sold him to anyone this summer and 2. if they sold him for anything less than that. And I'd be surprised if BVB were willing to pay anything resembling that.
Oh come on, those players dream of going to BVB for peanuts. Their agents too.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
@les Habs Bryan Gil has a 35M€ clause which someone should trigger.
Bryan has performed better than Ferran Torres who went for something like that. Actually he has been a top 10 player performance wise this season. He is proving himself.

Reactions: S E P H

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
5 players for 100M is totally realistic... Especially with names like Diaby, Vestergaard, Bamba, Hudson-Odoi....
I mean, surely, those guys will be worth 20M :sarcasm:
I mean if you use his list,

Bamba-40M
Brooks/Rudiger-15-20M
Araujo-10M

I think they could get a keeper for around 15M and then a LB for around 20M so it would be probably a little bit more. Might be off on the numbers though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Bamba-40M
Brooks/Rudiger-15-20M
Araujo-10M

I think they could get a keeper for around 15M and then a LB for around 20M so it would be probably a little bit more. Might be off on the numbers though.
Or you could do
Hodson Odoi 80M
Verstergaard 40-50M
and... budget done.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah some of the names were a little ambitious but not all of them.
Yeah some of the names mentionned, he never seen play.
I mean, you're naming Adrien Truffert and Brandon Soppy and yet you don't know Memphis Depay's position?
That's quite realistic :D

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sven Botman is not playing today and the rumor is that he has agreed to a move to a big european club for 45M€.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@les Habs Bryan Gil has a 35M€ clause which someone should trigger.
Bryan has performed better than Ferran Torres who went for something like that. Actually he has been a top 10 player performance wise this season. He is proving himself.

I know, I just posted that the other day. Barça should trigger it this Summer if they can shore up everything financially.

I agree, he is proving himself. He just isn't as proven as Trincao considering what Trincao did last season. That said Gil is younger and hasn't had the opportunities so that's to be expected.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Bamba-40M
Brooks/Rudiger-15-20M
Araujo-10M

Could be wrong on this, but I'd be really shocked if Chelsea accepted less than 30m for Rudiger.

Reactions: Blender

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I think we can make about 175M in total from the departures. Most of that will be from Sancho, but Dahoud will have some sale value, and if we sell Buerki, Akanji, Delaney, I think we'll get some money for them.

Total Spend: I think spending between 100M-150M is very realistic, especially considering the money we'll have coming in from transfers. Gotta keep the net spend zero or below, but we should have some significant money to spend.

Lets see. Dortmund has no investor, who can compensate the loss because of pandemic. If Dortmund isnt in CL next season, they have to reduce the squad costs. So its hard to say what Dortmund can invest next season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Ornstein says Manchester City want Lukaku in the summer. Would be a very good signing. Lukaku, a left back and a new pivot player ( maybe Soumare/Rice/Locatelli) and City should be winning the PL easily next season too. Pep needs to play the common sense 4231/433 they have been using all season instead of playing a 3223 or something for no reason in the CL and they will win that too with those reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad