Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You did... I mean raise your hand if you think Demebele could be sold for 100 million today? When selling a player what else should you care about?

It's the concept.

To opposing fans, you guys think we should care about money. We don't. We want to win.

They have made hundreds of millions of dollars the last 3-4 years from sales of Dembele, Pulisic, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, etc. Borussia Dortmund have probably made more money selling players recently than any club in Europe.

Why cant Dortmund hold their stars? While Chelski are able to keep Hazard for 7 season. I mean I dont like Chelsea at all and dont mind Dortmund but its pretty obvious they're not on the same level financially. This translates in keeping players in their primes.

We held onto Reus. I'd consider Aubameyang as a player held onto pretty long, but eventually he had to go because a crazy amount was offered.

Pulisic is an English speaker. The same thing will probably happen with Sancho for the same reasons (also his home country), although maybe he prefers the allure of Spain.

And I think outside influences play a part. Barcelona had Dembele go on strike. What are you going to do at that point? Dembele threatened to quit football and move to Senegal, I believe. What can you do? If anything, the problem might've been bringing in someone like him to begin with. I think Sancho is hugely unsettled after all the media rumors (most of which were complete rubbish), and doesn't want a cloud hanging over his head. I believe this effected his start to the season.

The club also has to do better. That starts with keeping Haaland, at least until he asks for a move. Outside fans and media expect we are the piggy-bank when other teams want a player. So you start turning that around one way. And it seems like its very clear that Haaland is not for sale this summer. However, we are shown no respect, so of course fans of opposing teams (and outside media) will think that as long as they want, they can push us around. Thats what happened last year with Sancho, but I can commend the club for not wilting. I'll give them that.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are the financial positions of Chelsea and Dortmund even remotely comparable? You were asked that question in response. The ground has been covered. Spoiler alert: they're not!

They don’t need to be comparable. Dortmund didn’t recklessly spend money this past summer. Barely any was spent. As I already mentioned, the club are relatively in good shape compared to most financially. Yes, of course, missing UCL during COVID would be very bad for finances.

What if Chelsea misses UCL? They spent a lot of money this summer. They’d lose money from missing UCL. They are losing money from this season. Would it make financial sense to sell their best players to recoup some of the money they will lose from this season? The fact you can’t answer this simple question shows the hypocritical nature of your comment.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In a no Covid world, after this season, Dembele goes for 100M.

He doesn't because his contract is up in the Summer of 2022. That said I still say the club paid market value the Summer they bought him.

We should not sell Dembele. Sell Griezz instead

Dembele? I'd say it depends on the following:
  • If he can remain healthy for most of the rest of the season
  • How he performs for most of the rest of the season
  • If he's willing to sign a new contract
  • What he's looking for in terms of wages
With regards to Griezmann, he should definitely be sold. He and Coutinho being offloaded should be a top two priority. You can add Umtiti to that list as well.

I mean why not both? Dembouz would depend on price. If they can get 70 or more than Id sell him. Otherwise, barca should hope he continues to grow into the player he's hyped to be.

He won't go for 70 million either. Best bet would seeing who is willing to pay well otherwise look to do a "swap" deal.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Even if Dortmund can afford to keep Haaland, a lot of the situation depends on the player himself wanting to stay. Also, Dortmund could do a lot with that sort of money even if they don't reinvest it or all of it in new players. The sort of money they might get could go into the club's infrastructure. I'm assuming the club's training center expansion has been financed, but if it isn't paid off the money they'd get for Haaland would probably cover it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Even if Dortmund can afford to keep Haaland, a lot of the situation depends on the player himself wanting to stay. Also, Dortmund could do a lot with that sort of money even if they don't reinvest it or all of it in new players. The sort of money they might get could go into the club's infrastructure. I'm assuming the club's training center expansion has been financed, but if it isn't paid off the money they'd get for Haaland would probably cover it.

Media reports say Haaland wants to stay.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A few Barça rumors:
  • I've seen the club linked with Sevilla's Bryan Gil (on loan at Eibar) a couple of times recently. He has a 35 million release clause, but that would rise significantly if he signs an extension with Sevilla. The same scout who advised the club to sign both Iniesta and Fati is recommending they sign him. The club has apparently scouted him almost 40 times. Personally from what I've seen of the player I'd be all over him at that price. Might mean some selection choices to be made down the road, but not necessarily a bad problem to have.
  • According to Sport the club is not going to pursue Gaya as they trust in Balde' and want to use the money on a striker.
  • Per Sport Arsenal were apparently interested in Puig before Odegaard, but the club balked on loaning him which I would imagine was down to the player's insistence on staying.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think they can this Summer if they do some house cleaning. I would think they could do that sort of deal now from an accounting standpoint and then reconcile it later.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Per Sport Arsenal were apparently interested in Puig before Odegaard, but the club balked on loaning him which I would imagine was down to the player's insistence on staying.
When Messi leaves, I guess he's going to have much more playing time so that makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad