Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
And even then. It a team offer €150M+ thanks for the memories but I woud let him go.

I already said if a team gives an offer you can't refuse, sure. But like I said, that can happen for any player.

Supposedly Dortmund is the world's piggy bank, and opposing fans expect us to replenish other teams every summer by naming a price and then handing over our best players. We didn't last summer with Sancho, and that was a situation where it was pretty clear he might leave. With Haaland, no one is suggesting he will leave except for opposing fans.

Like with Sancho last summer, opposing fans are going to just keep talking about Haaland leaving until September 1 comes, and the transfer window closes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I think everyone agrees that Haaland might stay but there's an equal chance he leaves. It comes with the territory for Dortmund it sucks I get that but that's life. Maybe Dortmund were better off selling Sancho before his underwhelming year?

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I already said if a team gives an offer you can't refuse, sure. But like I said, that can happen for any player.

Supposedly Dortmund is the world's piggy bank, and opposing fans expect us to replenish other teams every summer by naming a price and then handing over our best players. We didn't last summer with Sancho, and that was a situation where it was pretty clear he might leave. With Haaland, no one is suggesting he will leave except for opposing fans.

Like with Sancho last summer, opposing fans are going to just keep talking about Haaland leaving until September 1 comes, and the transfer window closes.

it's the Raiola factor. It's happened to many teams.

I'm sorry but Haaland didn't come to Dortmund to begin a long career. They did it to spend a couple years, boost his price and get another transfer. It's nothing against Dortmund, and their management damn well knows this. If they're selling the fans on "Haaland is one of us" they're doing a disservice to their fan base.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think everyone agrees that Haaland might stay but there's an equal chance he leaves. It comes with the territory for Dortmund it sucks I get that but that's life. Maybe Dortmund were better off selling Sancho before his underwhelming year?
If United were serious about getting him and had made a significant offer, they probably would have.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It seems delusional to pretend that, if Dortmund miss out on Champion's League revenue, there isn't a greater fiscal imperative to take the higher fee for Haaland now. Does that mean he's as good as gone? No. But does Dortmund letting him leave become more likely as them qualifying for Champion's League becomes less so? Yes, obviously.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
But whose said there’s any price tag for this summer? Is there a price tag at Liverpool for TAA?

I guess every player has a price tag at some number, but it doesn’t seem like Dortmund’s naming a price to tell other clubs to reach.

Unless Trent really really wants to go there shouldn't be a price tag on him. A local legend means too much and is invaluable. I mean what if Liverpool would have given up Gerrard for a few bucks, no way. A legacy like that is worth too much

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

No, thats a dishonest representation.

It goes along with what you said last week that Dortmund got the better of the Dembele deal when I reminded you that Dortmund and Barcelona aren't on good terms because of how Barcelona pushed him to go on strike. Apparently all we should care about is transfer fees. Sporting success doesn't matter because this everyone you speak of only includes opposing fans that think Borussia Dortmund is the world's piggy bank.

Thomas Tuchel, former manager of Borussia Dortmund, gets asked in a press conference about Haaland, a player at his former club. Of course, there are no reputable sources linking Haaland to leaving or seriously linking Haaland to a Chelsea transfer. However, opposing fans and certain segments of the football media (not the one's who cover Dortmund) think we are the world's piggy bank. All our players are always available, according to them. Sancho was available to Manchester United up until the close of the Summer 2020 transfer window, even though it was clearly stated that he wasn't leaving past August 18. It's disrespectful to ask Tuchel a question like this fishing for him to disrespect his former club, and it's disrespectful to treat Borussia Dortmund like a piggy bank.

If that everyone includes reputable news reports and also engenders to include fans of the club that would know the situation better than opposing fans, clearly it's not everyone.

And Sancho had a weaker half season where he was still one of the best wingers in the league. Since the start of the year he has 4G+4A in 8 games. He's back in form. Mbappe's allowed to go almost a full 365 days without a goal in the Champions League when he plays in Ligue One, but Sancho gets criticized for a weak 3 months. Double standard.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It seems delusional to pretend that, if Dortmund miss out on Champion's League revenue, there isn't a greater fiscal imperative to take the higher fee for Haaland now. Does that mean he's as good as gone? No. But does Dortmund letting him leave become more likely as them qualifying for Champion's League becomes less so? Yes, obviously.

What if Chelsea misses out on the Champions League? Sell the best players?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's back in form. Mbappe's allowed to go almost a full 365 days without a goal in the Champions League when he plays in Ligue One, but Sancho gets criticized for a weak 3 months. Double standard.
Maybe you missed Mbappe being the catalyst to PSG reaching the CL final?
Oh yeah you surely missed.
And if you think Mbappe wasn't criticized for hitting a tough patch, you need to read other things than "BVB my beloved club where everyone wants to go and never leave" newspaper.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Why don’t you tell me then about that?

I read a few weeks ago that Borussia Dortmund will lose a lower percentage of money this season than every other big team around Europe.

Why take it from me when you can take it from Raphael Honigstein, who knows a helluva lot more than you do:

Missing top four would make this season Dortmund's biggest disaster in a decade

Like I know that being a whiny baby and having a massive chip on your shoulder about BVB is basically your only schtick here, but gimme a break dude.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why take it from me when you can take it from Raphael Honigstein, who knows a helluva lot more than you do:

Missing top four would make this season Dortmund's biggest disaster in a decade

Like I know that being a whiny baby and having a massive chip on your shoulder about BVB is basically your only schtick here, but gimme a break dude.

That’s your best response? Throw an article my way that doesn’t, at all, add anything to the discussion other than distract and then call me names?

You made claims and now don’t want to answer the questions you were asked surrounding what you said when challenged. I’ll ask again. If Chelsea don’t make top four should they sell their best players?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, thats a dishonest representation.

It goes along with what you said last week that Dortmund got the better of the Dembele deal when I reminded you that Dortmund and Barcelona aren't on good terms because of how Barcelona pushed him to go on strike. Apparently all we should care about is transfer fees. Sporting success doesn't matter because this everyone you speak of only includes opposing fans that think Borussia Dortmund is the world's piggy bank.

You did... I mean raise your hand if you think Demebele could be sold for 100 million today? When selling a player what else should you care about?

Why don’t you tell me then about that?

I read a few weeks ago that Borussia Dortmund will lose a lower percentage of money this season than every other big team around Europe.

Why cant Dortmund hold their stars? While Chelski are able to keep Hazard for 7 season. I mean I dont like Chelsea at all and dont mind Dortmund but its pretty obvious they're not on the same level financially. This translates in keeping players in their primes.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
That’s your best response? Throw an article my way that doesn’t, at all, add anything to the discussion other than distract and then call me names?

You made claims and now don’t want to answer the questions you were asked surrounding what you said when challenged. I’ll ask again. If Chelsea don’t make top four should they sell their best players?

Are the financial positions of Chelsea and Dortmund even remotely comparable? You were asked that question in response. The ground has been covered. Spoiler alert: they're not!

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Unless Trent really really wants to go there shouldn't be a price tag on him. A local legend means too much and is invaluable. I mean what if Liverpool would have given up Gerrard for a few bucks, no way. A legacy like that is worth too much
I disagree. Football is football and I don't care about the origin of a player and his connection or not to Liverpool. I understand the feel good story and all but in the end it's about winning. If you sold hypothetically speaking obviously, Gerrard for a efty sum and purchased 3 world class players to replace him that would be way better and make your team stronger. You do it.

Trent IMO has been by far the biggest deception LFC wise this year and I don't care if he grew as a LFC fan or not if we received world beating type of money for him you can bet we should sell him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Even if the income and/or losses were comparable between Chelsea and Dortmund, the biggest difference, the one that I was referencing, is that Chelsea has an owner with basically unlimited funds who doesn't mind loaning money to the club. Dortmund absolutely does not have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad