Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't think Perez is doing anyone any favors if he plans on Alaba replacing Ramos. IMO that a horrible idea.

I am still not sold on him as a CB longterm on the very highest level and having to replace Ramos paying him the large wages he wants while letting Ramos leave over money won't end well for anyone I would guess...

But Flo probably needs any € he can spare for Mbappé in the summer so replacing Ramos without having to pay any fees (aside from maybe a signing on bonus) is probably something he thinks is a good idea...

It might be me being a naive Madridista, but, despite the reports, I still think Ramos will be back.

I think what is happening here is a big game of chicken between him and Perez. I think (hope) everything gets resolved in the end.

Reactions: Mark Stones Spleen

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

sol-campbell-arsene-wenger-arsenal-2001.jpg

Reactions: S E P H

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy got benched by Pepe Reina lol. Certainly not an upgrade on Burki

You might be right. There's definitely going to be a replacement coming in this summer, but it's not clear yet who it'll be. There have been close to 10 goalkeepers named, so I don't think anyone yet has any idea who.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
One of the English publications is saying that all the big teams are monitoring Matthew Hoppe. Not exactly big news or surprising, given he's the leading teenage scorer in the top five leagues. If you score goals like he has at his age every team will want to sign you.

I think he'd probably be playing though in the reserves for any of the big teams, if he left, so I'm hoping he stays at Schalke or can make a smaller step up if he leaves Schalke.
I think it likely if a bigger club buys him, they find a loan to continue his development. If say, Spurs (and I don’t know that they’re going to be the move) invest, they could put him in a good situation with say, a mid table club in Germany or somewhere that would give him minutes and a better supporting cast. I don’t think the big clubs would see him as a player to bring in to play right away. It’s just the idea of buying him now for way less than what he’d cost in a couple seasons.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It might be me being a naive Madridista, but, despite the reports, I still think Ramos will be back.

I think what is happening here is a big game of chicken between him and Perez. I think (hope) everything gets resolved in the end.

You don't have to say "naive Madridista". When you say you're a Madridista the naivety is implied. :laugh:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Laporta got asked about possible big signings and he said:
"If I have to improve the team I have all cards prepared"

We will see

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
"cards" as in "credit cards"?
Because to buy something, you need some money.
Though that hasn't stopped Barca and Real in the past.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
"cards" as in "credit cards"?
Because to buy something, you need some money.
Though that hasn't stopped Barca and Real in the past.

Those two are never running out of money.
They will always get credits and loans because of what they mean to Spain's economy, wether that's fair or not it's another topic

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Those two are never running out of money.
They will always get credits and loans because of what they mean to Spain's economy, wether that's fair or not it's another topic
Well if you want to say "the banks (or state sometimes) that gives them the money never run out of money", then that's a way of saying things.
Though of course, we collectively pay for the banks to never run out of money, because even when they do, we give them back some of our own.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well if you want to say "the banks (or state sometimes) that gives them the money never run out of money", then that's a way of saying things.
Though of course, we collectively pay for the banks to never run out of money, because even when they do, we give them back some of our own.

Banks are never running out of money indeed, at least in Spain, and if they do then the state (so us citizens lol) gives them some :rolleyes:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, maybe Coutinho wants to play in Qatar.
Maybe he wants to, but the best Barca can hope for is a mutual termination for Coutinho.
Griez is different, I could see an EPL team taking a chance. United, City, Chelsea...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
We will find a taker for Coutinho. At a big loss anyways but if someone paid 40 millions for Semedo or Paulinho...

I'm more concerned with the players wanting to move on. Anyway, as I've been saying, I'd try leveraging them in swap deals. You can exchange fees on paper like with the Arthur-Pjanic deal, but at the end of the day you could essentially make swaps. For example:
  • We could offer Griezmann, Coutinho and say Lenglet or Umtiti for _______ from ____ _____.
  • We could try doing a deal with ________ . Maybe send Lenglet, Umtiti or both, Pjanic and Coutinho and take a punt on __ ____ and ______, especially the latter if Xavi comes in.
  • Send one of Umtiti or Griezmann and Coutinho, hell even through in Pjanic and go for ______ from ______.
  • I would package up Dembele and one of Umtiti or Lenglet for _____ _________ from ___ ______. I feel as though if we got him he'd have that Deco impact we got back in the early 00s. I'd actually package up more than that, but I think _____ _________ is untouchable.
  • I think _______ has some interesting players. We'll see if their fortunes change between now and the end of the season, but perhaps some package deals to get one of ______, _______ or ______ if Messi leaves.
  • I'd also consider ________ from _____ if their season continues to falter and ________ is still at the helm.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm more concerned with the players wanting to move on. Anyway, as I've been saying, I'd try leveraging them in swap deals. You can exchange fees on paper like with the Arthur-Pjanic deal, but at the end of the day you could essentially make swaps. For example:
  • We could offer Griezmann, Coutinho and say Lenglet or Umtiti for _______ from ____ _____.
  • We could try doing a deal with ________ . Maybe send Lenglet, Umtiti or both, Pjanic and Coutinho and take a punt on __ ____ and ______, especially the latter if Xavi comes in.
  • Send one of Umtiti or Griezmann and Coutinho, hell even through in Pjanic and go for ______ from ______.
  • I would package up Dembele and one of Umtiti or Lenglet for _____ _________ from ___ ______. I feel as though if we got him he'd have that Deco impact we got back in the early 00s. I'd actually package up more than that, but I think _____ _________ is untouchable.
  • I think _______ has some interesting players. We'll see if their fortunes change between now and the end of the season, but perhaps some package deals to get one of ______, _______ or ______ if Messi leaves.
  • I'd also consider ________ from _____ if their season continues to falter and ________ is still at the helm.
Alisson for MATS swap. Let’s go.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Coutinho and Griezmann in particular are on massive wages. Griezmann is still very good but only a handful of teams can afford him even with a slight wage reduction. Obviously Suarez is older so you weren't going to get a big fee for him anyways but that's also why they let him go for nothing. Easier said than done trying to get guys making 350k and 400k to take pay cuts to sign for a new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad