Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
[Hamstelaar] Ajax is interested in Manchester United right-back Ehtan Laird. Laird has a contract that expires next year, and thus Ajax isn't the only interested club.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean, ManU has a Hertha-like knack for ruining/squandering a good thing...but I would be impressed if even they could manage to screw that up.
Don’t test us. We can ruin anything.

[Hamstelaar] Ajax is interested in Manchester United right-back Ehtan Laird. Laird has a contract that expires next year, and thus Ajax isn't the only interested club.
Laird to Ajax would be a great move.

Just pls include a buy back.

Reactions: Gecklund

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Guess it’ll come down to if this is another Raphina situation or not, lol

Reactions: Blender

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea insiders seem confident on Kounde now.
Gvardiol was mentioned for the first time in a while.

I wonder if that’s a “oh shit Kimpembe isn’t overly keen on a move and neither is PSG” reaction or moreso that they don’t feel Colwill is ready.

Rudiger 54
Thiago 48
Azpi 47 (cant remember what portion of those were CB starts - probably half?)
Christensen 34
Chalobah 30
Sarr 21

Obviously you want to cut Sarr’s starts down, and also Thiago’s given his age.

We really need a backup RWB and to dump wages, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Gvardiol was mentioned for the first time in a while.

I wonder if that’s a “oh shit Kimpembe isn’t overly keen on a move and neither is PSG” reaction or moreso that they don’t feel Colwill is ready.
I'm betting it's because Kimpembe isn't happening since we saw reports recently that he might not want to move. Gvardiol is probably the next one up to target if Kounde goes to Barca. Still think 3 defenders meant 2 CB and some sort of wing-back cover.

Colwill's choice will probably be up to him. If he wants starting 11 minutes, we won't stand in his way, but if he just wants assurance that he'll be used like Chalobah, I think he'll get that.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I'm betting it's because Kimpembe isn't happening since we saw reports recently that he might not want to move. Gvardiol is probably the next one up to target if Kounde goes to Barca. Still think 3 defenders meant 2 CB and some sort of wing-back cover.

Colwill's choice will probably be up to him. If he wants starting 11 minutes, we won't stand in his way, but if he just wants assurance that he'll be used like Chalobah, I think he'll get that.
He doesn’t by all accounts. This isn’t a Broja situation, thankfully.

Seems he’s ok going out on loan if he can’t get Chalobah type minutes as well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Evilo posted an informative link regarding Barça's monopoly money, Liverpool's monopoly money, etc. You'd do well to read it.

Or maybe it's just bullshit. Not a lot on our end with regards to this player, at least from what I've seen.
Yeah it’s all Monopoly money when it goes though amortization. Not every team is selling rights deals for transfer funds though. Which I guess is fine? More power to them.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah it’s all Monopoly money when it goes though amortization. Not every team is selling rights deals for transfer funds though. Which I guess is fine? More power to them.
They have the ability to buy their rights back at a set price when they make more money (i.e during non-covid time). Does that mean they won't be able to buy new players if they buy the rights back? Perhaps but that's the gamble they've made. They've made the gamble that if they don't perform now the financial problems will be much worse later.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They have the ability to buy their rights back at a set price when they make more money (i.e during non-covid time). Does that mean they won't be able to buy new players if they buy the rights back? Perhaps but that's the gamble they've made. They've made the gamble that if they don't perform now the financial problems will be much worse later.
I’m not arsed. All I know is that there is no way that I would sell a player to Barca right now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah, and not every team generates the revenue Barca does even if you factor in any rights that have been sold.
Right. And more power to them. What they do is what they do. If it works out, it works out. I’m not the only person who doesn’t understand it but I don’t need to.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Alasdair Gold brought up the Spurs x Maddison rumours in his latest video. Essentially said that a deal isn't in the works or anything but it's one to look out for for sure.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Maldini travelling to Brugge today to talk De Ketelaere. Milan latest bid I believe was €32M but Brugge doesn’t seem to cave to anything under 35M

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Adding to the problem we're rebuilding the stadium so we're gonna play in the ancient, smaller Montjuic stadium for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad