Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
What I don't get is why there aren't other teams in for FDJ
He does everyting well, but except his Beckenbaueresque elegance and technique (that seems to evaporate in sight of goal) he's not exceptional at anything. he's a bit slow for the modern game, and not aggressive enough to play a number 6 position, for example.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think the point is de Jong's wages , especially those deferred ones, would make the most room and clear the issue with one strike.

They would, but there are other ways to skin a cat. Pjanic is on big wages, I think Braithwaite is on pretty big wages, Umtiti, etc. Like I said, plenty of other dead wood to get rid of.

Only they’re spending it for multiple months beforehand.

The hostage tactics with De Jong are surreal.

"Hostage" tactics used to describe the De Jong situation. "We want you to leave, therefore you are our hostage"...

Considering the issue is about registering players, not really. They don’t have to do that until August. Any arrivals before their registration are not a factor in this. Raphinha etc are not registered yet. They have to cut wages of the players they already have registered or get rid of them.

They can even play the players they've just signed. I think Kessie played yesterday. However, they can only do so in unofficial matches.

Ferran Torres is a thing too.

He is, but I consider him more for the left. Of couse there's Collado and Abde as well. I just prefer Trincao to the latter two and to spending X on Raphinha.

It's absolutely disgusting how Laporta is treating players since he came back. But as long as we're not bankrupt I guess it works...

Not necessarily. It's part of the game. I think what the media is saying literally in terms of the actual dialogue we're seeing in some cases is taken as fact or verbatim as what Barca said to player X. I don't think Frenkie was told you have to leave, however he was likely told something along the lines of "you're not in the team's plans this season. We've come to an agreement with Manchester United for your signature. If you don't agree a move away, we'll either need you take a significant wage cut or you won't play this season." Now you might say that's almost the same thing, but this is a sports team. This wouldn't be a first and players are told they're not in a team's/manager's plans all the time. The difficulty here is that he's on very high wages.

Personally there are things I'd have done differently, but people also need to realize that things sometimes hit the media prior to things being done. I think a big portion of this was media reporting on it while the player was away on international duty and then on vacation. So it's been out there a long time and we're now just actually getting close to the resolution stage. That's not to excuse anyone from Barca's end leaking anything to the press, but I'm sure everything anyone is reading regarding the situation isn't just being leaked by the club.

I'll reiterate/expand on what I've been saying. I'd like the player to stay, but I'd also like to see him take a wage cut in the form of adding years to his current deal with the same money he's already do for his current contract being spread out across the additional years of an extension. Basically what they supposedly did with Umtiti. That said I can somewhat see the club's end based on the transfer fee and the wages still being very high even if you do what I'm suggesting. Also, can that money go further if he leaves and the answer is likely yes. Still I like the player, rate him and think he could be Busquets' successor in 12 months time if not this season. I also would like to see him get paid any deferred wages should he leave, though I'd want it to come out of United's pocket in one way or another.

Of course it isn’t, trying to shoehorn European football into NHL player transactions is a ridiculous errand. I said as much in my reply to bluesfan.

The only football club to threaten a player to accept a move to a club he had no interest in under penalty of sporting demotion, all while owed back wages I might add, is Barca.

So first he was held hostage and now he's "being threatened" to move? Also, nothing wrong with a player being told he's no longer in the teams plans. Full power to Frenkie to stay and sit on the bench if he wants to too. It's a two-way street.

Barcelona seriously is the worst run club in all pro sport. There is no way they will even compete with other top liga clubs in 5 years+. Their debt does not disapear and they continue putting more money and debt into their team.

Imagine that, debt just disappearing.

They're actually not putting more debt into the team. That's literally a false statement, but if you think debt just disappears I can see how you might think it's fact.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
How has Ferran Torres been for Barcelona? At City he mostly played on the right (same position as Raphinha).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Tampa said accept this trade to a team or we cut you to McDonagh.

I know the situation is different because comparing soccer to other NA sports is pretty much impossible as players have that much more freedom, but it seems a little silly to sit here attacking a soccer team on a hockey message board when NA sports teams have much much more control and no one really says much about it.

But McDonagh would still get paid what he was owed either by Tampa or a team that picked him up off waivers. If Tampa had been deferring his bonuses till later and then told him they were trading him and made the new team pay all the back bonus money it would be similar.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sport claims United were told by FDJ's agent to stop trying to sign him because he doesn't want to go there.

I want to believe this one so I'm posting it sorry guys.
I don’t want to believe it so delete it!

But seriously, they should have given up a couple weeks ago and moved on. As much as I love FdJ and think he’d be a MASSIVE upgrade, let’s redirect the funds to Antony and a different CM.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Sport claims United were told by FDJ's agent to stop trying to sign him because he doesn't want to go there.

I want to believe this one so I'm posting it sorry guys.
Why not? Everything else related to the saga gets posted.

I don’t want to believe it so delete it!

But seriously, they should have given up a couple weeks ago and moved on. As much as I love FdJ and think he’d be a MASSIVE upgrade, let’s redirect the funds to Antony and a different CM.
There might not be any other Dutch or Ajax CMs "available."

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
How has Ferran Torres been for Barcelona? At City he mostly played on the right (same position as Raphinha).

He was mostly played on the left. Good with some flashes of very good. His off the ball movement was excellent but his finishing left something to be desired. Overall he integrated well, but the fee was too high for him. In the end I think he was a good addition to the team.

Not a fan of the shitshow that team and player/agent had going on for 6 months but I'm happy we have him back, he's a threat when he's on and last season was very promising

Well had they simply accepted the club’s offer 6 months ago it would have been over and Dembele would be making more money than he will be in the end.

Barely 5 months healthy was enough for him to be la Liga's best passer and a catalyst for Barca's Liga's remontada (though obviously not only factor).
Barca should be really happy to keep him at probably lower salary than expected. The short contract also makes it a good deal for them since if he gets injured again, you can let him go next season for peanuts or the following summer for nothing. The only bad scenario here is that if he keeps his form, it'll be hard to keep him. That's what Dembele is betting on, a good season and either a big contract again at Barca or a transfer to a big club.

Another benefit to the shorter contract is that Dembele should be playing for a better contract the entire time and the club will hopefully get his best version.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Romanian Rares Ilie is signing with Nice for 5M€. @luiginb ?
Came out of nowhere last year to have a good season in our first league, at least numberwise. But that sum is too high I think, our league is really bad nowadays, our champion just got eliminated by the champions of Armenia, and Billel Omrani has been the star player in the league for the last years, so you can make an idea . I don't think he's ready for Ligue 1, but I only saw him play 3 times in my life, and he was largely invisible. Highly technical player though, like most Romanians.

Reactions: Evilo

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Hopefully this Friday deadline I heard is real. Man U need to move on and bring in ppl that want to be there.

If they got fjd then 2 players would be playing that want out hahah 🤣

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund have reportedly told Schulz and Akanji that they’ll sit in the stands if they don’t leave. Schulz sucks and is refusing to leave. He reportedly has offers, but wants to keep all his money. Akanji is actually good, but no one has come in with an offer yet. Reports say he was told he’d be behind Bummels in the rotation, which is hard to believe.

Also reports have also said that Brandt, Hazard, and Can are all trying to be sold. The first two were reportedly told to leave because they won’t play much this season, while the latter was told to leave because the manager doesn’t like his attitude. Don’t forget that he sucks.

I’ll believe that we can sell any of these guys when I see it. The lack of outgoings have been very disappointing so far this summer. Kehl needs Laporta tactics, if he wants to get these guys sold.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
[Mike Verweij] Ajax hope to cushion the blow of Lisandro Martínez's departure to Manchester United by presenting a replacement as soon as possible. Calvin Bassey of Rangers is absolute top priority. Schreuder already spoke with him multiple times. His price tag will be between €15M-€25M.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Best signing of the mercato so far :

Also, Hugo Ekitike has left Reims' tour.
PSG want him to join the PSG Japan tour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad