Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope I wasn't high on that Ramos. I hoped he'd be healthy (and he wasn't) and that PSG could play 3 at the back finally.

This Ramos is someone I've been following for a while and that I drafted in my keeper league a while ago. Same with Vitinha. And Ekitike. Quite happy that Campos is stealing my keeper league youngsters list.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It’s where we’ve been for a month now. No change.
From what I've gathered from several people, too many to remember at this point, is that if de Jong request a transfer, he foregoes the money Barca owe him. So in order to get that, Barca have to tell him to leave, which they appear to have done now and the come to an agreement on the payment of the owed money.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Curious to see the dollar amount. I was hoping Arsenal would be in on him and that we would then sell Cedric and Bellerin. I also wanted Arsenal to go after Hickey, as was rumored, but I would be even happier with Zinchenko, as he provides some midfield cover as well.

I'm hoping Arsenal can still sell Pepe, Leno, Bellerin, Cedric, Mari/Holding, Runarsson, and Elneny. I wouldn't mind selling Torreira as well, although I would also be fine giving him a run out, especially with the Partey situation. I could be talked into selling AMN and Nelson, but I am fine with keeping them, too. I would like to sign a young RB, but maybe Cedric will serve as cover

Something like this, in terms of depth:
Jesus/Nketiah
Martinelli/ESR - Odegaard/Vieira - Saka/Nelson
Xhaka/Lokonga - (Partey)/Torreira/AMN
Tierney/Zinchenko - Gabriel/Saliba - White/Saliba - Tomiyasu/(Cedric/New Signing)
Ramsdale/Turner​

I actually am curious what a three CB system would look like:

Jesus - Nketiah
Odegaard
Saka - Xhaka - Torreira - Tomiyasu
Gabriel - White - Saliba
Ramsdale​

I don't think Arteta will do it, though, and then we'd have to keep both of Mari and Holding, most likely, although a healthy Tierney can cover LCB and Tomiyasu RCB, so we could maybe let Mari go and keep Cedric/Bellerin and still sign a new RB. I would also then loan out Tavares, as there would be enough LB cover between Saka, Tierney, and Zinchenko.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Curious to see the dollar amount. I was hoping Arsenal would be in on him and that we would then sell Cedric and Bellerin. I also wanted Arsenal to go after Hickey, as was rumored, but I would be even happier with Zinchenko, as he provides some midfield cover as well.

I'm hoping Arsenal can still sell Pepe, Leno, Bellerin, Cedric, Mari/Holding, Runarsson, and Elneny. I wouldn't mind selling Torreira as well, although I would also be fine giving him a run out, especially with the Partey situation. I could be talked into selling AMN and Nelson, but I am fine with keeping them, too. I would like to sign a young RB, but maybe Cedric will serve as cover

I don't think Arteta will do it, though, and then we'd have to keep both of Mari and Holding, most likely, although a healthy Tierney can cover LCB and Tomiyasu RCB, so we could maybe let Mari go and keep Cedric/Bellerin and still sign a new RB. I would also then loan out Tavares, as there would be enough LB cover between Saka, Tierney, and Zinchenko.

I think they're saving the RB spot for Norton Cuffy. Cedric stays 1-2 years while he gets some more loan experience.

And most of those players will be sold. Leno is on the verge of going to Fulham for example.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think they're saving the RB spot for Norton Cuffy. Cedric stays 1-2 years while he gets some more loan experience.

And most of those players will be sold. Leno is on the verge of going to Fulham for example.
That wouldn't surprise me, I just am always a fan of adding more young talent, in case someone doesn't keep developing or there are injuries. Plus Spence will have resale value.

I'm sure they will, I just would like it sooner than later!

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
We will see! I think Neco will be at worst similar in production. I think he could outright be better individually too. Only one way to find out though
True. I don't think this is a Conte signing, but it makes sense for us with homegrown numbers etc. I think Spence will be fine in rotation with Doherty (assuming he shows the same form he was in prior to injury last season)

I never liked Man Utd, but I completely hate them and FdJ for this constant stream of nothing burgers the last few weeks.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
True. I don't think this is a Conte signing, but it makes sense for us with homegrown numbers etc. I think Spence will be fine in rotation with Doherty (assuming he shows the same form he was in prior to injury last season)

I never liked Man Utd, but I completely hate them and FdJ for this constant stream of nothing burgers the last few weeks.
I mean Conte could play (almost) anyone at wingback and get production. Don’t think it’s a signing that really moved the needle for them but whatever.

The FDJ is dumb. Nothing is happening but people are pretending it is for clicks and posting the same thing three times a day. That’s silly season. That bait isn’t going to click itself.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
so all of the players they've been signing can't be registered until they sell even more? wow, if FDJ refuses to leave, where does that leave those players and the club?

I would assume that's as it stands currently. Trigger the second economic lever and I'd imagine they're fine. Additionally, a lot of dead wood they could still offload.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
so all of the players they've been signing can't be registered until they sell even more? wow, if FDJ refuses to leave, where does that leave those players and the club?
Barcelona seriously is the worst run club in all pro sport. There is no way they will even compete with other top liga clubs in 5 years+. Their debt does not disapear and they continue putting more money and debt into their team.

Reactions: luiginb

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

I'm not sure how this is United's fault, there's a 3-way impasse here

Barcelona want to sell him so they can cut their wage bill, re-invest the transfer fee, and not pay the 17M in deferred salary they owe him.

FdJ doesn't want to leave Barcelona, but if he does he wants the 17M in deferred pay they owe him first.

United want to buy a good player who is unexpectedly available, have agreed a transfer fee with Barcelona, but don't want to pay FdJ the missing 17M on Barcelona's behalf.

To this may be added a 4th participant - click hungry journalists on twitter, all of whom need to constantly feed the engagement machine, and all of whom are being used by the three parties above to plant their side of the story. As D2M said, those baits won't click themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad