Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I would assume that's as it stands currently. Trigger the second economic lever and I'd imagine they're fine. Additionally, a lot of dead wood they could still offload.
They have to make room in their salaries first.

The most shocking thing to me is that they want to sell FDJ so they can sign Kessie? Like what?
So they can sign anyone.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
To this may be added a 4th participant - click hungry journalists on twitter, all of whom need to constantly feed the engagement machine, and all of whom are being used by the three parties above to plant their side of the story. As D2M said, those baits won't click themselves.
And a 5th participant. Those who breathlessly post every non-update here

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
They have to make room in their salaries first.

So they can sign anyone.

Hence why I said they could move a lot of dead wood. Pjanic, who remarkably is apparently going on the US tour, would save them a lot. And offloading Frenkie would cover 2-3 players' wages.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hence why I said they could move a lot of dead wood. Pjanic, who remarkably is apparently going on the US tour, would save them a lot. And offloading Frenkie would cover 2-3 players' wages.
I think the point is de Jong's wages , especially those deferred ones, would make the most room and clear the issue with one strike.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Maybe the NHL equivalent for this situation would be that some team signs a bunch of free agents without any worry about the cap, then realize they have to trade existing roster players so they can get under it?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No it’s more like if a team had to get under the cap for one second and then could spend all the money they have after that one second.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Only they’re spending it for multiple months beforehand.
Considering the issue is about registering players, not really. They don’t have to do that until August. Any arrivals before their registration are not a factor in this. Raphinha etc are not registered yet. They have to cut wages of the players they already have registered or get rid of them.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Considering the issue is about registering players, not really. They don’t have to do that until August. Any arrivals before their registration are not a factor in this. Raphinha etc are not registered yet.
Yeah, just a few additional players to strong arm out the door and they’ll be golden.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Trincao to Sporting Lisbon is official. Now it’s a loan. Barca saying there’s an option to buy, Fabrizio Romano saying it’s an obligation to buy at 10 million. He also reported that Barca will have an option to buy him back for 3 years.

I get that Xavi wasn’t two strong players at every position. I would too. However I fail to see how spending that much on Raphinha makes sense after you’ve already got Dembele coming back and you could have just kept Trincao. Trincao doesn’t work, revisit the backup role next Summer.

Ferran Torres is a thing too.

Best case scenario he plays well asks for unreasonable wages (even was he was meh that was the ask) barca sell him next summer or let him walk the summer after. Not fun and he shouldn't be buying any property in barcelona. This moves sucks I'll die on that hill saying he should've been let go as soon as Raphina was signed.

Not Dembele's biggest fan, but I still expect him to be better than Raphinha, who played in 3 big leagues and didn't light any of them on fire. At least Dembele had 2 amazing years in his career, surrounded by years of crap and injuries.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Is it any different than what Vegas just did with Pacioretty or Tampa did with McDonagh other than FdJ actually having a say here?
I’d say that’s a pretty relevant detail lol

The sports are in no structured the same to draw that parallel.

Nobody says “accept this trade to a team on your no-trade list or we bench you”.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Nobody says “accept this trade to a team on your no-trade list or we bench you”.
Lol but they send players to teams they don’t want to play for all the time. This isn’t a good comparison.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Lol but they send players to teams they don’t want to play for all the time. This isn’t a good comparison.
Of course it isn’t, trying to shoehorn European football into NHL player transactions is a ridiculous errand. I said as much in my reply to bluesfan.

The only football club to threaten a player to accept a move to a club he had no interest in under penalty of sporting demotion, all while owed back wages I might add, is Barca.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Tampa said accept this trade to a team or we cut you to McDonagh.

I know the situation is different because comparing soccer to other NA sports is pretty much impossible as players have that much more freedom, but it seems a little silly to sit here attacking a soccer team on a hockey message board when NA sports teams have much much more control and no one really says much about it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What I don't get is why there aren't other teams in for FDJ
I agree with this. I would love Arsenal to get involved. I'm sure that FDJ is no more interested in playing there than in Manchester, but make a pass. Potentially world class player at a position of need? Sign me up.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Other teams aren’t involved because the fee is a complete ripoff. I would be concerned about spending that kind of money on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad