Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea ITKs are absolutely smashing the Kimpembe to Chelsea rumor.

Chilwell - Kimpembe - Thiago - Koulibaly - Reece
Ake/Chalobah as rotation?
And, Ornstein and Fab have just confirmed negotiations.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barca will be motivated to move Frenkie to get rid of the salary, but they won’t want to pay for it. Not sure how this looks for United at this stage regardless of what Romano says.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You quoted me and I responded, you proceeded to say I’m talking about you…

He has contacts as illustrated for few years now. You’re dying on this hill is bizzar
You said I was obsessed.

Honestly he knows stuff but he isn’t the god people treat him as. I am speaking generally on the transfer saga. It’s all over the place. I’m not dying on a hill. Yeah I said Ornstein called him out on his bullshit a couple of weeks ago but that’s what happened.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You said I was obsessed.

Honestly he knows stuff but he isn’t the god people treat him as. I am speaking generally on the transfer saga. It’s all over the place. I’m not dying on a hill. Yeah I said Ornstein called him out on his bullshit a couple of weeks ago but that’s what happened.
You are you constantly harp on it… he’s good at what he does. Nothing else to add to it. You make it seem like he’s eklund ( he doesn’t know what he’s talking about).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You are you constantly harp on it… he’s good at what he does. Nothing else to add to it. You make it seem like he’s eklund ( he doesn’t know what he’s talking about).
I call it like I see it. There are certainly worse but he shouldn’t be on a pedestal either.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Really really happy with the Sterling signing. Now if we can get Koulibaly and Kimpembe over the line, I'll die a happy man.
Ake..

How I feel about it. We should be totally fine going in with Silva, Koulibaly, Kimpembe, and then having Chalo and Colwill. Ake is a lot of money - rather they allocate that towards backup wingbacks.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
This was my point yesterday and I was tarred and feathered.
No one disagreed with that point. I even said it yesterday - you had a valid thought but you used a bunch of incredibly stupid examples and you also spoke a bunch of nonsense.

Also ignored my convenient Nils example and Ox for Salah lmao.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one disagreed with that point. I even said it yesterday - you had a valid thought but you used a bunch of incredibly stupid examples and you also spoke a bunch of nonsense.

Also ignored my convenient Nils example and Ox for Salah lmao.
I didn’t ignore Ox for Salah, I said if Salah was leaving they wouldn’t have let Mane go to Bayern :)

You harping on it daily is the issue not your opinion. There’s also a vast difference in Eklund and being God
Of course but soccer twitter followers are a lot more stupid than hockey twitter followers.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I wonder if they can catch up to all the Americans on transfermarkt now. Cuti and Lisandro going for almost 100 mill takes us up to 104 all together surely.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This was my point yesterday and I was tarred and feathered.
You're point wasn't what that post was saying. If your position was that Chelsea should spend big on 2 CBs and then use current depth for the rest of the spots, no one would've had an issue with it. Maybe you didn't make your point clear, but it seemed clear that you were arguing that 1 signing is all that was needed.

Chelsea fans would prefer the 3 defenders to be 2 big CBs like Koulibaly and Kimpembe, and then a quality wing-back as our depth there is not good. Ake might be targeted to provide cover at LB/LWB, but I think we'd prefer a more natural fit there instead.

Reactions: Blender and Peen

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You're point wasn't what that post was saying. If your position was that Chelsea should spend big on 2 CBs and then use current depth for the rest of the spots, no one would've had an issue with it. Maybe you didn't make your point clear, but it seemed clear that you were arguing that 1 signing is all that was needed.

Chelsea fans would prefer the 3 defenders to be 2 big CBs like Koulibaly and Kimpembe, and then a quality wing-back as our depth there is not good. Ake might be targeted to provide cover at LB/LWB, but I think we'd prefer a more natural fit there instead.
That’s what happens when you text instead of talk I guess. I was trying to sayexactly what the post I quoted today said. That they don’t need to spend nine figures on CBs which the depth options that they have in house; especially if as reported they want to play more back 4 this season. I stand by that. Again my issue was more that it’s same old Chelsea when all the previous PR was that Todd B. wanted to run things differently.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Trincao to Sporting Lisbon is official. Now it’s a loan. Barca saying there’s an option to buy, Fabrizio Romano saying it’s an obligation to buy at 10 million. He also reported that Barca will have an option to buy him back for 3 years.

I get that Xavi wasn’t two strong players at every position. I would too. However I fail to see how spending that much on Raphinha makes sense after you’ve already got Dembele coming back and you could have just kept Trincao. Trincao doesn’t work, revisit the backup role next Summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Saliba is rejecting any extension proposal from Arsenal.
Good. Let him go as far as possible from Arteta.
Teams are monitoring the situation and may make a bid late August if he isn't playing.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Saliba is rejecting any extension proposal from Arsenal.
Good. Let him go as far as possible from Arteta.
Teams are monitoring the situation and may make a bid late August if he isn't playing.

Why are you lying?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad