Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Valid criticisms

1. Chelsea has squad bloat. Too many players
2. Cannot let a coach solely dictate transfers. Imagine if Liverpool had Brandt instead of Salah.
3. We need a strong DOF.
4. Wage structure is an issue and needs to be addressed
5. Less Sarrs
6. They can’t gloss over the Lukaku failure. It was reported that the board and Tuchel were totally on the same page with that signing, and it was a huge transfer fee. It can’t just be forgotten and moved on from - it was a genuinely terrifying mistake. Mistakes will happen, but it can’t be like that.

I’m not going to sit here and read some dumb BUT MALANG SARR! BUT GILMOUR! BUT WHY DOESNT BROJA WANT TO STAY BEHIND 7 OTHER FORWARDS?
And if we repeat a KdB or Salah, then I'm fine accepting a shiny new toy syndrome and not giving young players a chance. Part of that was the issue that Roman had of quickly firing a manager when things got bad. Sometimes, we genuinely had the wrong manager and a change was needed, but we do need to give a bit more room for a manager to build a team and work through poor stretches.

Boehly at least deserves a year before we know if he's a Roman 2.0, or someone that will be different. A guy that comes from the Dodgers will absolutely spend money though, but that doesn't make him a Roman 2.0.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Speaking of homegrown, the obvious succession seems to be Jorginho playing out his contract this year and then us grabbing Rice next summer.

Not a rumor, just my own speculation.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I still can't get over how @Savant has convinced himself that Liverpool was built internally with home-grown talents.

There is a lot I'll criticize Chelsea for over the years, and if Boehly repeats those things, I'll be just as loud on calling it out, but the logic here is nutty.
When did I say this?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
When did I say this?
How is it not exactly what you've been saying? Multiple times you referenced how if Liverpool was in the same situation they would replace the players internally with home-grown developed talent. That just doesn't match what Liverpool have actually done in reality, that's the issue we have.

You want Chelsea to replace players leaving with players that are not top 4 level talents, some of which might get there, but aren't ready yet. You know full well if Liverpool did the same, the Liverpool fans on here would be pissed. For years you guys have been going on about how they haven't spend enough for rotational attacking talent.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Checking Savant’s post history to verify if he has suggested the Rangers should trade Fox Trouba and Schneider to make space for Nils.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How is it not exactly what you've been saying? Multiple times you referenced how if Liverpool was in the same situation they would replace the players internally with home-grown developed talent. That just doesn't match what Liverpool have actually done in reality, that's the issue we have.

You want Chelsea to replace players leaving with players that are not top 4 level talents, some of which might get there, but aren't ready yet. You know full well if Liverpool did the same, the Liverpool fans on here would be pissed. For years you guys have been going on about how they haven't spend enough for rotational attacking talent.
That’s not what I said. I said Chelsea should be using homegrown players for depth spots. I said Chelsea have better homegrown players to fill those spots than Liverpool would. I never said LFC is all home grown.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Something like this

vUtqNnt.gif

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
That’s not what I said. I said Chelsea should be using homegrown players for depth spots. I said Chelsea have better homegrown players to fill those spots than Liverpool would. I never said LFC is all home grown.
Not for depth spots, though, because koulibaly isn’t being brought in as a 5th CB. He’s being brought in as a starter. Same with FDJ were that to happen

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not for depth spots, though, because koulibaly isn’t being brought in as a 5th CB. He’s being brought in as a starter. Same with FDJ were that to happen
Sure. That’s why I said they would only need one of Koulibaly or Ake, not both, if they trusted their guys. FDJ just means they are burying guys like Gallagher. But that’s what Chelsea do. They develop guys to loan and sell them. That’s their model. They need to not pretend that isn’t their model. That’s my point.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Sure. That’s why I said they would only need one of Koulibaly or Ake, not both, if they trusted their guys. FDJ just means they are burying guys like Gallagher. But that’s what Chelsea do. They develop guys to loan and sell them. That’s their model. They need to not pretend that isn’t their model. That’s my point.
Right, it would relegate Gallagher to a depth spot. Meanwhile Liverpool is selling its home grown depth players to replace them with outside talent to develop and either loan or sell (unless Ramsay and Tsimikas are both happy being backups)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Right, it would relegate Gallagher to a depth spot. Meanwhile Liverpool is selling its home grown depth players to replace them with outside talent to develop and either loan or sell (unless Ramsay and Tsimikas are both happy being backups)
Tsimikas is definitely happy being a backup. He is the happiest guy on the team. Ramsay just signed knowing that he would be a backup and no one put a gun to his head either.

Difference is Gallagher got PL TOTY votes and was generally acknowledged to have had a great season. He certainly is good enough to be starting for most of the teams in the league, possibly including Chelsea

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'd have kept Dani for RB, let Sergi go, sold Dest and brought in Dodo.
Agree with everything, but Dodo is such a random choice. I didn't even think he was good enough for Shakhtar the few times I saw him, also one of the tiniest professional footballers, hard pass for me, rather try Wague there if he's still on the books.

What shiny new toy syndrome? That would be if we actually signed Ronaldo or Neymar, but that isn't happening.
Care to make a wager there? I could easily see one of them ending up in Stamford Bridge.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Gallagher is going to play a lot.

Kante injured ass all the time. Kovacic doesn’t score, even though he is a PHENOMENAL player. Jorgi sits deep.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Seems like Barca is really pushing for Lewandowski.

Ter Stegen

Dest Pique Arujo Alba

Kessie Busquets Pedri

Dembele Lewandowski Raphina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad