NHL Summer 2023 Preseason - Mike Babcock Resigns as HC of CBJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I'm not disputing this happened but it's just so difficult to believe a coach could be this vindictive--and for no reason whatsoever. It is stunning behavior if that really happened. That is going out of your way to crush someone just because you can.
Look at the history.

Mike commodore. Johan franzen. Chris chelios. Mike Modano. Mitch Marner.

He's a sick person.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
He better be careful, we got a guy back who doesn't politely ask you to go. He'll punch you out and laugh all the way to the box. Ask Burrows. Ask Komisarek. Ask Mike Brown.

Lucic isn't that guy anymore. That Lucic is gone and he isn't coming back. The current Milan Lucic is a shell of what he used to be and couldn't out muscle Tkachuk because he can't skate as fast to keep up with Tkachuk.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Lucic isn't that guy anymore. That Lucic is gone and he isn't coming back. The current Milan Lucic is a shell of what he used to be and couldn't out muscle Tkachuk because he can't skate as fast to keep up with Tkachuk.

He's still one of the toughest guys in the league, and he still will sucker punch someone far more likely than anyone on last year's team. Ask Cannauton or Sherwood.

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonHowe

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
If Lucic "sucker punched" someone and takes a game misconduct and/or gets suspended that doesn't help the team. Tkachuk would be happy to take that punch and put his team on the powerplay.

I'm hoping Lucic and Tkachuk aren't on the ice at the same time unless it's a blowout. Otherwise that's a terrible on ice matchup for the bruins

Reactions: EvilDead

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
That's pretty good.

Just add him to the list of players like Walker/Weise/Maroon/etc. Who have emasculated the team and had the last laugh at the end of a playoff series.

Game is better with villains in it.
"How's your heart and chest?" - Keegan Kolesar

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I actually don’t take his comments as a shot, because the bruins did dominate the league throughout the season and despite losing to the panthers, still fought them to the brink and forced the cats to once again have to claw back. To me it’s more of a challenge statement rather than a lame run of the mill trolling type comment, which would be a bad look considering his team did not win the cup in the end and he himself went home with a broken chest.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1695443522909.png

1695443571174.png

1695443640633.png

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
This is one sick move or should I say moves,

Saw that, they have the game.on ESPN+, was flicking thru before bed.

I watched the 2nd period, lots of goals, nice shots. Kinda funny hearing the commentators differentiate between 'Doty' and 'Doughty' when both were on the ice at the same time.

Reactions: TCB

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It all seems to be going well. I elected not to go given the asking price for what at the end of the day are glorified preseason games, and the fact we already saw the Bruins in Canada back in February, but good to see the NHL here all the same. Although I do regret not seeing that Cooley goal in person - what a beauty!

Mr. Burns is happy

Delaware North is a global leader in sports hospitality, serving fans since 1915. Today, we provide expertise in concessions, premium dining, event catering and retail in some of the most recognized venues in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia —including Lambeau Field, Busch Stadium, MetLife Stadium, Wembley Stadium and Melbourne & Olympic Parks, home of the Australian Open Tennis Championships.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It all seems to be going well. I elected not to go given the asking price for what at the end of the day are glorified preseason games, and the fact we already saw the Bruins in Canada back in February, but good to see the NHL here all the same. Although I do regret not seeing that Cooley goal in person - what a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad