Speculation: Summer 2018 Roster Discussion Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Panarin is an elite winger. Saad was considered to be close to an elite winger but didn't work out in Chicago this year. Panarin has played in 243 games and scored 233 points. He is also only 26 years old. If CLB is moving him, it's for an overpayment, especially if it's lesser pieces coming back.
You don’t get now trading works. Everyone knows he’s not signing an extension with CBJ. That inherently drives his value way down. They’re not trading him because they want to but because they have to and the deals they receive for him will reflect that.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Per Chris Stevenson of The Athletic, Dallas is the favorite now for EK65 and will not be taking Ryan back in return. Intriguing having he and Klingberg on the same roster. Wonder what the cost is going to be. Likely lots of picks/prospects

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
You don’t get now trading works. Everyone knows he’s not signing an extension with CBJ. That inherently drives his value way down. They’re not trading him because they want to but because they have to and the deals they receive for him will reflect that.
NYR alone offer more for Panarin than we can.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
We aren't the front runners for Karlsson. Maybe that means things will change and we will surprise everyone. :help:

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Per Chris Stevenson of The Athletic, Dallas is the favorite now for EK65 and will not be taking Ryan back in return. Intriguing having he and Klingberg on the same roster. Wonder what the cost is going to be. Likely lots of picks/prospects

I'd hate to face the stars with Karlsson

Ugh

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Not to the extent that it would only cost the Sharks Labanc, Tierney, and a 1st. Even with him not wanting to re-sign, there will still be a very competitive market for his services.

Reactions: Hinterland

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No one KNOWS he’s not resigning in CBJ. Everyone thought Trouba wasn’t resigning in WIN. Guess what happened. Everyone thought Stamkos and Doughty were going to Toronto. Everyone thought Patches and EK would have been moved by now. Just because there’s reports doesn’t mean anything. We could be entirely wrong Panarin wanted to go on vacation for a month and didn’t want to think about his contract at that time.

Reactions: Hinterland

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Says who? He wants to win and make a lot of money...not many teams can offer him wins and money.
He said it himself, he prefers big markets and would like to go back to the Hawks. If he couldn't be with the Hawks hed like a team like NYR or LA. Trying to find the quotes now

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
NYR alone offer more for Panarin than we can.
Then let them is my take. We’ve seen wingers roll through here and play alongside elite centers for many years. The fact that giving any more than that in this move precludes SJ from acquiring any other center, D, or any other position of need outside the UFA market (next years is miserably bad) for the next two seasons while not turning it into a true contender makes it poor asset management to me. There is literally no ammunition to play with if you gave up the proposed package above.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Saad has always been a 50 point scorer and nothing more. He’s probably one of the most overrated player in the league. I’d add in one of the 2nd round picks or Norris, but getting rid of all but 3 picks in 2019 and a first in 2020 in addition to your first picks from the prior draft classes (Norris/Gambrell) for a guy that doesn’t make you a Cup contender is poor asset management. If you want to go put that together for an elite center, do it. But for a winger (idc how good he is) it’s not worth it to me.

Panarin is an elite playmaker...he's better on the wing and he doesn't take faceoffs but he does a lot of things a Center would do.
I don't think Columbus is gonna be interested in picks anyway so it's gonna be 1st plus 2-3 young players.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He said it himself, he prefers big markets and would like to go back to the Hawks. If he couldn't be with the Hawks hed like a team like NYR or LA. Trying to find the quotes now

He's gonna have to accept quite the discount to go back to the Blackhawks. Never say never but I don't see that happening. With all the uncertainty regarding Crawford and the decline of their top players the Blackhawks aren't the most popular destination anyway.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Panarin would be sweet but the sharks and Russians don't seem to go together.

Donskoi has a Russian name and ancestors. Many of the Sharks most promising prospects are Russians, too. Chmelevski, Chekhovich and Letunov.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Donskoi has a Russian name and ancestors. Many of the Sharks most promising prospects are Russians, too. Chmelevski, Chekhovich and Letunov.
I'm talking about Russian Russians. Guys who grew up playing in Russia.
Yes Chem is from California. Letunov has been in the states long enough to go to college here. Chekhovich is Russian Russian. We'll see how he works out. Panarin is Russian Russian.

I'm just being a bit stereotypical but it seems as the sharks haven't had many Russian Russian players that were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad