Speculation: Summer 2018 Roster Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Not this one

I don’t know what that package is so I can’t say.

My guess is that when the package comes out, we will be angry that DW didn’t match or surpass it. Just my guess. I’m not expecting the best piece to be any better than Meier or Hertl and I’m not expecting the other pieces to be anything we couldn’t have offered.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA

My guess is that when the package comes out, we will be angry that DW didn’t match or surpass it. Just my guess. I’m not expecting the best piece to be any better than Meier or Hertl and I’m not expecting the other pieces to be anything we couldn’t have offered.
Well the "insiders" are worried about how bad of a deal it is haha. Obviously DW is doing what he can

wishman

Jan 20, 2007

Karlsson certainly controls much of the process. If he doesn't want to extend with Sharks, no package we offer will get it done.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
How many people around here calling for EK have watched him play extensively since his Achilles injury?

Extensively? No. But i did watch a fair amount because i was following duchene.

He looks fine. Hes basically as dangerous as always

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
What's the deal with Faulk? Why are the Canes looking to deal him?

He really regressed last year. A complete tire fire in his own zone though he’s never been that great to begin with. I think he’s a great buy low candidate though. I think it would be cheaper for us to acquire Skinner and Faulk than Karlsson. If we traded say Labanc Braun/ Dillion and a pick and rolled the lineup below then I’d be happy

Kane-Jumbo-Pavs
Hertl-Couture-Meier
Skinner-Tierney-Donskoi
Karlsson-Suomela-Sorensen

Vlasic-Faulk
Ryan-Burns
Dillion/Braun-Heed

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
He really regressed last year. A complete tire fire in his own zone though he’s never been that great to begin with. I think he’s a great buy low candidate though. I think it would be cheaper for us to acquire Skinner and Faulk than Karlsson. If we traded say Labanc Braun/ Dillion and a pick and rolled the lineup below then I’d be happy

Kane-Jumbo-Pavs
Hertl-Couture-Meier
Skinner-Tierney-Donskoi
Karlsson-Suomela-Sorensen

Vlasic-Faulk
Ryan-Burns
Dillion/Braun-Heed

I'd be more interested in Faulk then Skinner. Skinner's a pending UFA and seems overpaid. I'd rather hold onto the cap space than re-upping Skinner next offseason.
Faulk alone sounds like he could be RD that would pair well with Vlasic.

Perhaps something like Braun+Labanc for Faulk & +?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I would be in support of the Faulk skinner idea, but I'm not sure what would get that done and not gut us

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I would be in support of the Faulk skinner idea, but I'm not sure what would get that done and not gut us

I think Karlsson would gut us for sure but with Carolina DW has proven that he can pull off this type of trade off without killing the team. Labanc is cost controlled and had just 9 less points than skinner in 5 less games. Being that both Skinner and Faulk are being shopped after down years can work in our favor. If I’m DW I go after these two over Karlsson and see what’s available next summer in a potentially huge UFA year. If we need to spend big money let Pavs and Skinner go and try to snag a Panarin, Duchene, Karlsson, Wheeler, Seguin etc.. my .02

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Um
Karlsson is kinda the reason Hoffman got traded
Or Hoffman caused himself to be, however you wanna look at it
Either way there’s no way they’re coexisting together :laugh:
Yes haha but I mean he could have got both and still traded Hoffman to FLA

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
If DW didn't panic after Marleau left I doubt he does now, he'll probably wait for the right deal just like he did with Kane.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The more I think about it, the more I think that we should just stockpile our young assets and save cap space to acquire a franchise player later if we can’t do it now.

Half measures like Skinner+Faulk won’t put us over the top, but they could burn us down the road when we try to acquire a real difference maker.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
This package could be something like Tufte+Gurianov+Oetinger+Dellandrea+their next 7 firsts+Shore. Just because it’s centered around picks/prospects doesn’t mean it’s low valued.
But is it likely anything that crazy? Giving Ottawa too much credit here

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
The more I think about it, the more I think that we should just stockpile our young assets and save cap space to acquire a franchise player later if we can’t do it now.

Half measures like Skinner+Faulk won’t put us over the top, but they could burn us down the road when we try to acquire a real difference maker.
The pool is so thin, makes you wonder how long DW and the Sharks can keep this up. I guess we find out in like 6 years when the core is still tied up and we have no where to go. Ryan Merkley could hit and become a star, maybe. At least hes someone fun to watch

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area

Skinner doesn't interest me.

I'd like to acquire Faulk (if on the cheap) as a replacement for Braun. Younger and possibly a better fit w/ Vlasic - may not be the shutdown pair that they were but better offense and puck moving on the right side may.

Reactions: Friday

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
If DW didn't panic after Marleau left I doubt he does now, he'll probably wait for the right deal just like he did with Kane.

I agree. We have Kane and a (I hope) healthy Joe back. We have players like Hertl, Meier and even Sorenson who really came into their own. I’m excited by this team and I think doug’s gonna surprise us - now or sometime by the TDL.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Skinner doesn't interest me.

I'd like to acquire Faulk (if on the cheap) as a replacement for Braun. Younger and possibly a better fit w/ Vlasic - may not be the shutdown pair that they were but better offense and puck moving on the right side may.
Skinner has concussion issues anyways, that part is scary. Faulk is fun and I like him but he also might be worse than Burns on D. Maybe with Vlasic it would be a good fit though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine