Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Lets just hope Vandenberg is rewarded after his performances this weekend that he is your clear starter. I really have doubts that will happen. Great games guys behind stellar goal tending at both ends.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
On the players stats page. Here is a screenshot (although hfboards seems to be messing around with attach files function so it might not be viewable until tomorrow?

Top line is Niagara, bottom Sudbury

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_060604_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_060604_Chrome.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2

AKADonovan

Apr 30, 2014
Sudbury
Lets just hope Vandenberg is rewarded after his performances this weekend that he is your clear starter. I really have doubts that will happen. Great games guys behind stellar goal tending at both ends.
For what it's worth,

Wolves goaltending 23/24

Vandenberg 17 games 3.74 GAA 0.876 S%
Vondras 31 games 3.69 GAA 0.863 S%
Krawchuk 14 games. 3.22 GAA 0.874 S%

22/23
Krawchuk 25 games 3.21 GAA 0.891 S%

Pick your poison!

I think Krawchuk deserves a shot!

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Based on those stats, I too would put Krawchuk in a game. Stats are misleading too, as Vandy has played better of late. I think Krawchuk should get a shot, but mgmt sure disagrees. Wonder what has transpired off the rink.. ?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Based on those stats, I too would put Krawchuk in a game. Stats are misleading too, as Vandy has played better of late. I think Krawchuk should get a shot, but mgmt sure disagrees. Wonder what has transpired off the rink.. ?
I'd guess someone in a Hurricanes jacket will ensure Vondras keeps getting a good part of the starts.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What if it was Musty or something? lol

I do agree though
Don't care to be honest. I assume it'll be one of the adults in the room. Generally when sports orgs have been accused of "bounties" it almost always comes from a staff member.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
i said it when accusations flew from Marty Williamson at the trade deadline about the hounds, but MW doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me. he's a proven slimeball.

the wolves do get the benefit of the doubt from me until proven otherwise.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
How do you prove something like that, and how would it get out of the dressing room. Will be interesting for sure.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Could it be possible our owner was at the game and was overheard saying something out of frustration and someone is making a mountain out of a molehill? Just a throught.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
How do you prove something like that, and how would it get out of the dressing room. Will be interesting for sure.
Every kid knows guys on other teams. I'd assume a lot of info/gossip circulates around the league.

It could have even gone from Sudbury to any imaginable team to Barrie. Kids talk.

Proving it, if nothing more than player texts, would be the difficult part.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Could it be possible our owner was at the game and was overheard saying something out of frustration and someone is making a mountain out of a molehill? Just a throught.
I mean, if the owner said something like that, he should be barred from being near the team if we're being honest. Regardless of who said something, if it turns out to be true, I hope the league and the wolves deal with it appropriately.

I don't see why Barrie would have sat out one of their best players unless they believed it to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad