Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Every kid knows guys on other teams. I'd assume a lot of info/gossip circulates around the league.

It could have even gone from Sudbury to any imaginable team to Barrie. Kids talk.

Proving it, if nothing more than player texts, would be the difficult part.
There's a lot of 'chatter' at rinks from all sides.

Reactions: Jawk

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
players put up money on the board for wins, if a player is going home he will put $100 or something on the board for a party for the players. ive never seen a bounty before, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I call B.S on all this. I’m sure threats were made on ice. Or some dumb text through players. To insinuate a staff member or owner behind this is laughable. Some on this board should write for the Young and the Restless. The league has to due diligence and Barrie is behind this.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
players put up money on the board for wins, if a player is going home he will put $100 or something on the board for a party for the players. ive never seen a bounty before, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.
There could be an unofficial bounty. One that isn’t actually stated (ie. money on board).

Back in the day, after a Jacob Kindl clean hit on Robbie Drummond that left him concussed (head hit glass), it was “Get Kindl Night” in London. It was obvious from a mile away what was happening. Multiple attacks on Kindl all night long.

A little further back in the day, after a Ryan Thompson sucker shot on Derek Roy that left Roy with an eye injury, it was “Get Thompson Night” during a playoff game in Guelph. What was happening was also obvious from a mile away. Multiple attacks on Thompson all night long.

Both scenarios were something to see really. I’m not saying there was an official bounty put on Kindl or Thompson, but make no mistake, it was retribution night in both instances.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
There could be an unofficial bounty. One that isn’t actually stated (ie. money on board).

Back in the day, after a Jacob Kindl clean hit on Robbie Drummond that left him concussed (head hit glass), it was “Get Kindl Night” in London. It was obvious from a mile away what was happening. Multiple attacks on Kindl all night long.

A little further back in the day, after a Ryan Thompson sucker shot on Derek Roy that left Roy with an eye injury, it was “Get Thompson Night” during a playoff game in Guelph. What was happening was also obvious from a mile away. Multiple attacks on Thompson all night long.

Both scenarios were something to see really. I’m not saying there was an official bounty put on Kindl or Thompson, but make no mistake, it was retribution night in both instances.
If anyone watch hockey, sometimes you need to answer the bell from previous game, this isn’t anything new.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
you can answer the bell without cash on your head. if your team is good it shouldnt need a cash bonus to do the right thing for a teammate.
I’m not talking about cash on head. I’m talking about answering the bell.

If the allegations are true, this crosses the line. Hence the investigation.
I’m not talking about bounty. This poster said an unofficial bounty? I’m saying this happens all the time retribution the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AKADonovan

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I’m not talking about bounty.
You're not talking about bounty because somehow you have already concluded the results of the investigation yourself.

I call B.S on all this. I’m sure threats were made on ice. Or some dumb text through players. To insinuate a staff member or owner behind this is laughable. Some on this board should write for the Young and the Restless. The league has to due diligence and Barrie is behind this.

The rest of us will continue to talk bounty until the league's investigation is concluded.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Call it what you want but if you dig deep enough you will see one of our players apparently posted on a group chat a 100.00 reward for whoever takes his head off and it was matched. It was shared by an affiliate. I will say no more but if you dig deep enough you will find what I did. Is it true? Decide for yourself. Someone seems to have some inside information no names unless you can get in the group chat.

• Wow
Reactions: DWI Dale

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Call it what you want but if you dig deep enough you will see one of our players apparently posted on a group chat a 100.00 reward for whoever takes his head off and it was matched. It was shared by an affiliate. I will say no more but if you dig deep enough you will find what I did. Is it true? Decide for yourself. Someone seems to have some inside information no names unless you can get in the group chat.
Careful

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
you can answer the bell without cash on your head. if your team is good it shouldnt need a cash bonus to do the right thing for a teammate.

That's likely what happened. No cash involved, some players probably let Aitcheson know (on the ice) that he had to answer the bell the next night although he did fight Collins right after the hit in question. I don't trust that Williamson is telling the full truth here, just like with the Soo trade at the deadline

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well, I don’t know more about it than anyone else but I thought it would be a player right away. I think it’s plausible to assume which player we might be talking about. I’m not sure where the idea of staff being involved comes from but again this is all new to me. Anyone have any idea what the discipline would be if proved true?

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You're not talking about bounty because somehow you have already concluded the results of the investigation yourself.

The rest of us will continue to talk bounty until the league's investigation is concluded.
We will indeed. Seems like you guys have problems of your own and potentially more serious ones at that poppa.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Quite a few lawyers, judges, jurors and conspiracy theorists here.
This is the world we live in now. Everyone on social media is a Saint. Many moons ago I remember the Habs offering a cash bonus for every hit on Gretzky in a playoff round. It was all over the press. They never paid out a nickel and he had something like 11 points in three games. It was a year when the round was best 3 out of 5 I believe. A lot of what is said now is taken out of content. Fans can say someone should take a players head off and it's laughed at. If a player says the same he is painted as a terrorist in social media circles by all the people throwing stones.

Reactions: Wisdom and billoink

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It’s less about context than lessons learned.
It was only weeks ago that the OHL ruled a throat slash warrants a 5 game suspension; and spitting twice is two games, though the player is still allowed to participate in a CHL showcase.
Times have changed. It’s a lot of change for me to accept, but the players have to accept the rules and abide by them.

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
a throat slash warrants a 5 game suspension; and spitting twice is two games, though the player is still allowed to participate in a CHL showcase.

supplemental discipline is a joke when a hand gesture is punished more severely than actual violence committed by repeat offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad