Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Noone needs a bounty to want to run this kid. Yaps all game, but rarely backs it up. One of the most hated guys in the league. No one is so stupid to put a "bounty" on his head. There is something called answering the bell though. Are we wanting to take that out of the game too? Imaghine if all the guys that got threatened sat out the next game!!!

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Noone needs a bounty to want to run this kid. Yaps all game, but rarely backs it up. One of the most hated guys in the league. No one is so stupid to put a "bounty" on his head. There is something called answering the bell though. Are we wanting to take that out of the game too? Imaghine if all the guys that got threatened sat out the next game!!!
You couldn't be more wrong about Kashawn, if he's one of the most hated guys he's doing something right then. Apparently he/s even got into your sky piece !

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
supplemental discipline is a joke when a hand gesture is punished more severely than actual violence committed by repeat offenders.
I don’t think we are on the same topic.
But I will bite. I am doubtful that if in the future Virgilio gets up from an always dangerous cross check to the back; you would say, no harm no foul.
In this case, I believe the villain that should be one serious misstep away from a permanent ban did the acceptable thing by he, himself getting up from an always dangerous cross check to the back and attempt to payback.
I like that, a lot. The league discipline for that action was right out of the rule book. I like that too. Was Virgilio penalized by the league for his always dangerous cross check to the back?

Last edited:

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
2 games this weekend, tonight vs Peterborough and Sunday vs Missy.

Hoping for 4 points, but with the travel to Mississauga on Sunday, I'm skeptical. Doubtful they'll travel Saturday night and stay in a hotel, but you never know, I guess. I'm not too familiar with the OHL Travel Guide. It is a 4PM start so they don't really have to leave until 9am ish.
Hoping to get some guys back from injury - Musty and Giroux. Hoping Vandenberg gets the start, or even Krawchuk to be honest... especially against Peterborough.

Brantford playing 2 games and North Bay playing 3 this weekend. Between 15-12 games left in the season for these teams.

OHLColtsPuck

Aug 31, 2022
He did already answer the bell and it was a clean hit. Give your head a shake bro.

Reactions: Chawbadoo07

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
May give Vondras the start and keep Vandenberg for Missi on Sunday makes sense

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
What a game, offensive was pressuring but not converting early but they finished things off when it counted. Another full team effort.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Petes goalie was a wall...Nothing like waiting till half way through the third to start scoring. Family dinners are going to be weird at the McCallum household
Sudbury arena still need to work on keeping regular seat people from sitting in the Club area. It was like musical chairs there today.
And for god sakes wash down the floors as my boots stuck to the brake and gas pedal all the way home

Last edited:

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Vandenberg with the start again this afternoon. Lines looking like the same as Friday. Important game to get a couple points out of some of their games in hand over Brantford.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Bench Musty
What the hell is wrong with this guy??? Selfish selfish selfish have no other words... And Walton wasn't any better taking two penalties on the goalie.

KMac Chase Coughlan didn't get enough ice time. He forechecks hard and draws penalties. Would of played him over Musty, Delic and Walton today. Had jump and maybe gets under the skin of Leskovar. Man recognize when players have it and players don't.

Musty would of rode the pine after the first for me. He's in his own world I'm sorry. Brutal back passes and his cross ice grandes. Disappointing and even the commentators mentioned how he wasn't moving his feet.

Not getting one point today stings.

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Lousy third period for the Wolves you could tell right away they weren’t gonna tie it up. I hope they don’t start thinking they’re good enough to just play in spurts. Vandenberg made some good saves, but was down on his ass for the winning goal and almost gave up a wraparound goal with a spin around thing. Oh well didn’t deserve to win today and didn’t.

What the hell is wrong with this guy??? Selfish selfish selfish have no other words... And Walton wasn't any better taking two penalties on the goalie.

KMac Chase Coughlan didn't get enough ice time. He forechecks hard and draws penalties. Would of played him over Musty, Delic and Walton today. Had jump and maybe gets under the skin of Leskovar. Man recognize when players have it and players don't.

Musty would of rode the pine after the first for me. He's in his own world I'm sorry. Brutal back passes and his cross ice grandes. Disappointing and even the commentators mentioned how he wasn't moving his feet.

Not getting one point today stings.

WJ
I don’t know if it’s the injury or not but no Musty has not looked the same. That’s what I mean. Sometimes it looks like he has a long way to go to become a pro. Villeneuve again with a great game. Awesome that we’re gonna have him again next year.

Reactions: Pucks Deep

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Timing was off they struggled with the puck and our D did not have one of their better games. Vandi played well enough, he did his job but Mississauga had a better third. We should hear this week regarding the bounty thing you would think.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Leaving on the bus this morning for Mississauga shows once again that the team will not spend a dime to help this team win a championship. Not a top organization. 6 hour bus drive before the game is unacceptable on a go to year. Pretty sure they are coning back tonight too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad