Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Game, set and match, what a difference a goalie makes. Sad to say just another glimpse into the future, come out dominating only to be foiled by goal tending.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

cub

Apr 11, 2012
j would stick with Vandenburg, but have both goalies on short leash. I hope Vandenberg takes command as the #1.

Is he not correct? Please tell me you are not defending the goalie.
never ending thirty times a game. obviously you don't follow the forum know where I stand.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Two guarantees in this thread: us arguing over goaltending and people complaining about Musty, even when he's not in the lineup.
There should be no arguing on goaltending. Everyone should be able to see the Vondrus is garbage as is not and OHL goalie. It’s crazy that they play him like a #1. I’ll be honest none of our goalies are great but I have most faith in Vandy if I had to choose.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
There should be no arguing on goaltending. Everyone should be able to see the Vondrus is garbage as is not and OHL goalie. It’s crazy that they play him like a #1. I’ll be honest none of our goalies are great but I have most faith in Vandy if I had to choose.
I'd still like Krawchuk to get another shot, but it is what it is. Team's going to run their goaltending in hilarious ways.

It does just feel like at this point we have to assume the Wolves have to score 6 to win any given game.

Last edited:

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
j would stick with Vandenburg, but have both goalies on short leash. I hope Vandenberg takes command as the #1.

never ending thirty times a game. obviously you don't follow the forum know where I stand.
Oh I follow the forum and have never seen you say who your starter is until this post. I don’t comment 10 times a game like most but I read the posts.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Oh I follow the forum and have never seen you say who your starter is until this post. I don’t comment 10 times a game like most but I read the posts.
I have many times, I'm all in on Vandenberg at this point, Vondras gives me anxiety.

Reactions: BostonOz

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
I'd still like Krawchuk to get another shot, but it is what it is. Team's going to run their goaltending in hilarious ways.

It does just feel like at this point we have to assume the Wolves have to score 6 to win any given game.
Krawchuk last year showed that he had some game although this year in his limited games I can’t remember a game where he played well. With every game now being important it’s so hard to start a guy who has been in the press box for 2 months

Reactions: dirty12

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Game, set and match, what a difference a goalie makes. Sad to say just another glimpse into the future, come out dominating only to be foiled by goal tending.
What’s funny is when we didn’t score early I could’ve predicted this would happen . Man, it’s such a shame a crying shame. Team is getting better all the time you just got a feeling there’s no way we can go anywhere with this goaltending. We’ve been winning in spite of it. You might be right Vandenberg might be the only hope I just wish he‘d stop getting himself out a position by sliding too far for one side or the other and almost taking himself out of the play.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Wolves deserve better offensively today. They have had the chances but unfortunately some miscues defensively and Vondras not stopping the 4th goal really stings.

Why didn’t the Wolves have a couple of call ups today? Weird they go on the road short staffed after playing Friday short. Lack of depth will hurt this club.

WJ

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Hopefully after this year the wolves reflect long and hard and look into upgrading and getting a better goalie coach.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Probably to late to go pickup a released goalie from another league or junior B. Can't be any worse. Rob egg on his face on his face past two years in that dept.

Reactions: BostonOz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad