Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Vandenberg playing great to this point and should own the net till he loses it. Showing he is our go to goalie at this point. Hope the coaching staff sees it that way if in fact it is up to them.

Reactions: Wiserbud

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Very happy with how Vandy played. Certainly can't fault him, actually give him credit for the single point. Some grit from the team, down 3-0 and a few players out. I will take it.

Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
almost snuck out a win, good comeback by the Wolves. Vandenberg was solid facing over 40 shots. Villy goal was something else, too bad didn't see much of him after that. Freddie congrats on his first and second goal for the Wolves. Lots of guys missing, and got a point.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
We have 3 of the top 6 ppg players
I don’t remember the Wolves having such high profile guys at once. Villy seems inspired to play with Goyette and Delic we are seeing his best offensive moments ever. The lines look really good 15 games from playoffs.

My only question mark is Walton. It feels like he’s lost his momentum completely since the prospects game. We definitely need more from him. He has to find his confidence back soon.

Reactions: AKADonovan

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Vandenberg playing great to this point and should own the net till he loses it. Showing he is our go to goalie at this point. Hope the coaching staff sees it that way if in fact it is up to them.
Every time one of our goalies has a good game you guys post that from now on he’s proven he should be the go to guy based on a 1 game sample. It doesn’t make sense as a matter of fact if we look at our goaltending I feel like they play better not playing too much. We need to stop wanting a clear number 1 and hope that both Vondras and Vandy can be good when getting the start.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
My only question mark is Walton. It feels like he’s lost his momentum completely since the prospects game. We definitely need more from him. He has to find his confidence back soon.
Walton game has definitely had a tough stretch recently, but I think that's just the consistency problem that most young players have in the OHL. At this point Walton is actually the youngest skater on the everyday roster. In fact our three youngest everyday skaters are Walton, Villeneuve and Musty, it's pretty incredible how much production they get out of the "youth" left on the roster.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
What's more incredible is just how little youth there is. Your roster will have 12 players age out next year (and maybe a 13th gone if Dvorsky is one-and-done).

For comparison, Petes had 10 after last season and Sarnia had 11. 13 is CRAZY.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
What's more incredible is just how little youth there is. Your roster will have 12 players age out next year (and maybe a 13th gone if Dvorsky is one-and-done).

Nothing crazy about that when you expect to win a Championship.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

I believe Saginaw has 12-13 as well, for what it's worth. Ultimately, if the team succeeds no one will care, if the team does not succeed it will speed up the rebuild.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I believe Saginaw has 12-13 as well, for what it's worth. Ultimately, if the team succeeds no one will care, if the team does not succeed it will speed up the rebuild.
Saginaw - 10
North Bay - 10
Sault Ste. Marie - 9
London - 8 (maybe more if Bonk/Cowan/Dickinson aren't back)
Kitchener - 7

I say again, 13 is CRAZY turnover on a roster of 24.

Here is Saginaw's for reference:

3 OAs age out:
03 - Christopoulos
03 - Hache
03 - Bloom

7 of these 04s either move on or get traded:
04 - Castle
04 - Beck
04 - Sapovaliv
04 - Lalonde
04 - Oke
04 - Dionicio
04 - Haight
04 - Donovan
04 - Mangone
04 - Forgione

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Saginaw - 10
North Bay - 10
Sault Ste. Marie - 9
London - 8 (maybe more if Bonk/Cowan/Dickinson aren't back)
Kitchener - 7

I say again, 13 is CRAZY turnover on a roster of 24.

Here is Saginaw's for reference:

3 OAs age out:
03 - Christopoulos
03 - Hache
03 - Bloom

7 of these 04s either move on or get traded:
04 - Castle
04 - Beck
04 - Sapovaliv
04 - Lalonde
04 - Oke
04 - Dionicio
04 - Haight
04 - Donovan
04 - Mangone
04 - Forgione
Like, I said, ultimately, who cares. You definitely seem to care about this a lot more then any Wolves fans do.

If you win great, if you don't, you were rebuilding anyways.

I assume in the numbers for Sudbury you counted Ryan Pryce(7th d-man, 8th once Jackson's Jr. A season finishes), Mauro(13th forward, likely 14th-15th once a few Jr. A seasons finish as well). Both these guys are well below the caliber of any of the guys you listed for Saginaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad