Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
He should NOT be coming out to start the 3rd. He has an .800sav%. What can you do? Cheer for the team but keep expectations low. This is the goaltending Paps left us with and we all know it is so subpar that we are destined for a 2nd round exit at best.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Every shot on Vondras you hold your breath sorry, but he is a train wreck. Has to be the worst goaltender I have ever seen in a Wolves uniform in 40 years of watching this team. How Papineau could not address this at the trade deadline is nothing short of criminal. He let a great team transform into an average team and we will see this in the playoffs. Sorry for the rant but watching this game with him in net is very painful.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Musty!!!!! Missy should have never been in this game, goaltending terrible. I'm surprised Vondras didn't get pulled.

Reactions: BostonOz

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
A glimpse into the future folks, how one player can deflate a whole hockey team. This team can easily go out first round and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know why. If Vondras see's the net again the whole coaching staff should be fired. Maybe try Walton in net, not doing anything up front.

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
And don't look now, but PP is tied for 5th overall now, and Goyette tied for first overall in points. See, winning in OT on the road is not the only good thing today. 🙂

Last edited:

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Goyette is stepping up big time… We now have the best 3rd line in the league lol lots of speed with Delic and Villy !

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Why did Chucky fall so far from grace? Beginning to think it was something other than performance. Would not be opposed to giving him a start... thoughts?
I think he's the best technically out of the 3, but confidence not there. He needed to steal the starting job, but could never feel confident in himself to do it. I would still like to see him some starts to see if he can turn it around, and to give him a fair chance.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Why did Chucky fall so far from grace? Beginning to think it was something other than performance. Would not be opposed to giving him a start... thoughts?
At this point it’s hard to imagine Chucky being any worse. Maybe if he can get some confidence who knows.
Whoever scouted Vondras for Carolina should be fired and his hallucinogenic drugs divided up at a rave.

I think he's the best technically out of the 3, but confidence not there. He needed to steal the starting job, but could never feel confident in himself to do it. I would still like to see him some starts to see if he can turn it around, and to give him a fair chance.
Yes agree with this.

Reactions: cub

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
At this point it’s hard to imagine Chucky being any worse. Maybe if he can get some confidence who knows.
Whoever scouted Vondras for Carolina should be fired and his hallucinogenic drugs divided up at a rave.

Yes agree with this.
Add paps and our our euro scout to that list

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
A glimpse into the future folks, how one player can deflate a whole hockey team. This team can easily go out first round and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know why. If Vondras see's the net again the whole coaching staff should be fired. Maybe try Walton in net, not doing anything up front.
I've never seen a whinner like you on this forum wow.

Reactions: AKADonovan and cub

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
When you constantly give up unchallenged shots in the low slot it doesn’t matter who is in net.
You wanna win road and playoff games you must ALWAYS have a high forward in OZONE and you need back pressure all the way back into DZone and collapse to protect the house (slot). Who cares what teams do on the perimeter. We are not always going to outscore our deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad