Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Vondras giving up a goal on the next shot after Sudbury scores is such a consistent guarantee.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I remember when someone in this thread said to trade Villeneuve because he could not finish....

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
1707356522359.png

Won't even cost you any draft picks Paps

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
This team is resilient if nothing else, officiating was brutal for both sides, and like others have said I’ll take a win against the Soo any day.

I thought Vondras played well tonight, only allowed 2 goals and made some impressive saves!! On to Niagara!!

Go Wolves Go!

Reactions: I Loveallsports

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Freddie V played hard nose tonight. Been waiting for that. I've been hard on Kenny but he has this team playing good hockey. Can't take that away from him. Guys are buying in.
Fred did make a huge blunder by pinching and got caught which resulted in the 4-3 lead for the Soo. Still need to see more from him however could be worse I guess.

McCoy, Giroux, Pharand, Villy, Vondras, Dvorsky, Goyette and DeAngelios had outstanding games.

Huge victory Wolves showed a ton of resiliency. Huge two points to get some breathing room a top of the East!

WJ

Last edited:
Reactions: yalbmert25

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
“I don’t think we started off real slow, but their speed was different for us,” Sudbury head coach Ken MacKenzie said.

If Ken does not think that was a slow start I don't know what to say at this point...

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Nice to see McCoy having a big game......
  • 2 goals including GWG and 1 assist
  • he led the team in SOG with 5
  • he led the team in +/- at +3......when other Dmen were -4
I hope his experience from last year rubs off on the rest of the team when the playoffs come.
It doesn't look like the Petes will be in the playoffs (bring on the lottery pick!) so I'm pulling for the Wolves.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Fred did make a huge blunder by pinching and got caught which resulted in the 4-3 lead for the Soo. Still need to see more from him however could be worse I guess.

McCoy, Giroux, Pharand, Villy, Vondras, Dvorsky, Goyette and DeAngelios had outstanding games.

Huge victory Wolves showed a ton of resiliency. Huge two points to get some breathing room a top of the East!

WJ
You're right but i found it was his best game as a wolf

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Muskyslayer

Aug 29, 2023
“I don’t think we started off real slow, but their speed was different for us,” Sudbury head coach Ken MacKenzie said.

If Ken does not think that was a slow start I don't know what to say at this point...
and in the immediate following clip he says "its hard ya know, when we start off slow they way we did".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad