Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Goyette on the third line..... What?

Slated to be 3rd shift; Delic-Villeneuve-Goyette is more like line 1B. I actually like the potential of it. I’m a little more disheartened that I cannot see today’s game now. Replay I guess.

Reactions: Wiserbud

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Slated to be 3rd shift; Delic-Villeneuve-Goyette is more like line 1B. I actually like the potential of it. I’m a little more disheartened that I cannot see today’s game now. Replay I guess.
After one period your not missing much.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I like

Musty, Dvorsky, Konyen
Goyette, Delic, Giroux
Villy, McCallum, Walton
Coughlan, Pharand, Yearwood

Konyen may not be the biggest guy, but he takes a beating in the corners and keeps going back for more!
Interesting. I would gladly swap Konyen and Walton though. I think giving Walton some ice time with the top guys would be good for him and he'll block well!

Reactions: Muskyslayer

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
3rd missy goal… Musty doesn’t leave the ice with his line mates.. Wolves ice the puck as he is huffing and puffing. He has to stay on for the faceoff in our end and guess what happens? Missy ties it up. 🤦🏻

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
3rd missy goal… Musty doesn’t leave the ice with his line mates.. Wolves ice the puck as he is huffing and puffing. He has to stay on for the faceoff in our end and guess what happens? Missy ties it up. 🤦🏻
Blaming Musty instead of Pryce who made garbage stretch pass is hilarious.

Villeneuve and delic are a hell of a lot of fun to watch together.

Game still has a bit to go but this atleast feels like one of their better defensive outings, really limiting the shots on net.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Lenders may want to ask his team to play D instead of shoving players into him

For a guy who is usually under the radar, I thought Yearwood has had a hell of a game.

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
good game by the Wolves, I did like the lines, not sure on the order but worked out well.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Let’s just worry about winning the damn game and not what player is with who n what line there on
Mississauga was flat after the first. Good overall game. I am always amazed how Goyette keeps producing with whoever he plays with. He made plays to the net and a hell of a pass to Delic. Like this line a lot.

Giroux kept it simple with good low shots and Pharand my boy driving the net !!! They were really good with McCallum.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Pretty good game all things considered, lots of the same old problems existed, but the defence looked really solid. We'll see how the lines work out in the long run, was clearly some miscommunication from the changes, but it's expected in game 1.

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Good game to watch...still too many long shifts...vondras started off bad but settled in...Made an absolutely tremendous save with one minute left. Id be surprised if it doesnt make the save of the night on the ohl website.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Pretty good game all things considered, lots of the same old problems existed, but the defence looked really solid. We'll see how the lines work out in the long run, was clearly some miscommunication from the changes, but it's expected in game 1.
Agreed. Also like the lines. Nice balanced attack throughout the game. I found todays game there was a conscious effort to have a high forward most of the time, this allowed to have our D pinch down hard on the walls in the OZ. Very good. Although I think he is the best player in the O, Dvorsky had a tough game. Plays died on his stick today. He’s allowed an average game, it’s rare, but teams might be figuring him out…
Loved Pryce, Collins, McCoy, 3rd line, Goyette.
With a few exceptions, bench management was very good today.
Upwards and onwards!!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Keep these lines intact. Giroux looked good with Pharand and McCallum, and love the potential with a Delic Villeneuve Goyette line. People are way to obsessed on here with "No.1 line" and "No.2 line". We want to be able to roll 4 strong lines. Nearing 20 games remaining until playoffs. That's what it's all gonna come down to here. Whether this team can unite and sacrifice (put egos aside and play mature/smart hockey) and do what's necessary to win and go deep into the playoffs. Whether one of Vondras/ Vandenberg/ Krawchuk can answer the bell when called upon and give this team good enough goaltending in the big moments. Some guys can just thrive and elevate their games come playoffs, and others not so much. Won't be long until we truly see what this team is made of, whether Papineau did enough with this roster in a "go for it" year with trying to build a contender and the decision to appoint Ken MacKenzie as the teams head coach. Go Wolves Go

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Luck was on our side today - Brantford lost to Oshawa and North Bay lost to Niagara. Sudbury is in 1st place for now. Oshawa plays Kingston on Tuesday and could be in 1st place after that game.

Reactions: CTrain10

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Blaming Musty instead of Pryce who made garbage stretch pass is hilarious.

Villeneuve and delic are a hell of a lot of fun to watch together.

Game still has a bit to go but this atleast feels like one of their better defensive outings, really limiting the shots on net.
Didn’t say it was strictly Musty’s fault. Not thinking that this contributed to the goal and not thinking that his extended shifts are a problem is a hilarious.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Didn’t say it was strictly Musty’s fault. Not thinking that this contributed to the goal and not thinking that his extended shifts are a problem is a hilarious.
If it was only him, I'd agree, but there's a half dozen players guilty of extended shifts and he seems to be the only one ever mentioned. Coaching issue

Reactions: yalbmert25

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I am starting to believe Paps did not go all in at the deadline because he could not get a sufficient upgrade in any deal that made sense for a goalie and realized he was snookered.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I am starting to believe Paps did not go all in at the deadline because he could not get a sufficient upgrade in any deal that made sense for a goalie and realized he was snookered.
Once he made the Vandenburg move, we had to know he wasn't giving up more assets for another Goalie. If they wanted Gaudreau they would have had to make that move in December.

Reactions: djscooter

wolfmeister

May 12, 2015
I thought Goyette played a really good game, some complained he got in a fight, I think it did him good and lit a little fire inside him, I liked the lines and really hope it's not all different next game, really hoping the coach can see that.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I thought Goyette played a really good game, some complained he got in a fight, I think it did him good and lit a little fire inside him, I liked the lines and really hope it's not all different next game, really hoping the coach can see that.
Regardless of if it was a smart decisions or not, it was nice to see someone on the ice care when one of their teammates get taken out for once.

Reactions: Wiserbud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad