Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Yearwood, Coughlan Pharand are names that would have to move.

I expect chucky to Oshawa

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
We have to give credit to Paps for starting to shop early for his Championship run. Coughlan and Yearwood were great adds on our 4th line. He hit a homerun with Dvorsky and can anyone imagine how much DeAngelis would cost if he was acquired today instead of last summer ??

We couldn’t afford the team we now have without Dvorsky and DeAngelis. Good job Mr Papineau.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Same, Ludwinski would fit perfectly but I think it’s getting late now. If it was in the works we’d Atleast be hearing something. Seems like a quiet finish. I hope I’m wrong

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Same, Ludwinski would fit perfectly but I think it’s getting late now. If it was in the works we’d Atleast be hearing something. Seems like a quiet finish. I hope I’m wrong
Sometimes the best trade is the one you don’t make… I think with this leadership group and what they’ve accomplished the team looks tight and ready to go to war !

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Sometimes the best trade is the one you don’t make… I think with this leadership group and what they’ve accomplished the team looks tight and ready to go to war !
I have to agree with this. Team is gelling right at the perfect time. Brought in some complimentary pieces and added some leadership and experience to our defense corps. We have 3 goalies to go into the playoffs and to me, I like Krawchuk and I think if we need him, he'll be good to go. Adding Giroux is a big deal that can't be overstated. Having a local kid who is actually talented is an excellent pick up by Paps.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
If this is it, I'm sure the team will be fine, but I can't help but be a bit disappointed. Given the assets the Wolves had, I really thought they'd bring in at least one more impact forward. They're also an injury away on D from depth being a huge problem.

With that said, I do really look forward to seeing McCoy and Giroux debut tonight, as well as figuring out what we have in Van Vliet.

Reactions: bignickelfan

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Is this team better Yes could it have been better as we had assets to bring in another top end player Yes. Will we look back if we make it to the conference final and come up short?? Just my thinking, Paps came up short at the end.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Is this team better Yes could it have been better as we had assets to bring in another top end player Yes. Will we look back if we make it to the conference final and come up short?? Just my thinking, Paps came up short at the end.
At the end of this day, the results of this season are now solely on Papineau. If the wolves win, he looks like a genius, if the wolves come up short, those unused assets are egg on his face.

Reactions: howlman

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Hopefully the Wolves did enough to beat North Bay or Ottawa in a 7 game series. Home ice advantage will be crucial so they need to win the Eastern Conference.

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 12.41.48 PM.jpeg

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
At the end of this day, the results of this season are now solely on Papineau. If the wolves win, he looks like a genius, if the wolves come up short, those unused assets are egg on his face.
I’d say the attention has to be moved to coach and the players now. Papineau gave them a chance. There are assets left but it’s more about who is here than who isn’t! I didn’t like them moving Protz for what we got in return. My opinion. The group here gives them a chance to win the east for sure. Coaches and players need to execute!

BostonOz

Sep 22, 2013
Assets Gained- Noah Van Vliet
- Zacharie Giroux
-Donovan McCoy
-WSR 8 2025
- FLNT 3 2027 (flipped in Van Vliet Trade)

Assets Lost- Caden Taylor
-Djibril Toure
- Owen Protz
-SBY 4 2027*
-SOO 3 2026
-WSR 3 2026
-FLNT 2 2026
-KGN 2 2027
-FLNT 3 2027

Here are our deadline assets lost and gained. Correct me if I missed anything. Yes it would have been nice to make other moves to strengthen even more but it's a double edge sword. Half of us would say he overpaid. Sometimes you just can't win. We are stronger today than 3 days ago IMO. Losing Protz hurt though.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Will we look back if we make it to the conference final and come up short?? Just my thinking, Paps came up short at the end.
There are no guarantees. I think the job of a GM in a contending year is to try to get the team to the conference finals. If they get that far, they have done their job and given the team a chance to win. There are too many variables and unknowns to expect more. Even a team like Saginaw that threw everything at it and has planned for this for 3 years won't be shocked if they are out in the conference finals.

Reactions: yalbmert25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad