Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Is there anywhere to keep up to date on the Trade deadline? I'm not very familiar with the CHL deadline stuff. But with me paying more attention this season due to Dali I want to get a little more into it like I am with the NHL.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Is there anywhere to keep up to date on the Trade deadline? I'm not very familiar with the CHL deadline stuff. But with me paying more attention this season due to Dali I want to get a little more into it like I am with the NHL.
Media notes on the OHL website gives accurate trade info once a trade is official.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
About to find out what are GM is made of, hopefully not glass. I cannot see any significant upgrades on our overagers, goaltending is still a concern but can be addressed by eliminating play in our own end with good back checking forwards. Paps needs to find those role players who can address these specific needs. We have proven we can score that is no problem we have to find a way to spend less minutes in our own end. We don't need to hit the home run ball like Beck just concentrate on the role players that make that perfect fit. Paps, your job is to get them no if or buts. Trusting you can.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
About to find out what are GM is made of, hopefully not glass. I cannot see any significant upgrades on our overagers, goaltending is still a concern but can be addressed by eliminating play in our own end with good back checking forwards. Paps needs to find those role players who can address these specific needs. We have proven we can score that is no problem we have to find a way to spend less minutes in our own end. We don't need to hit the home run ball like Beck just concentrate on the role players that make that perfect fit. Paps, your job is to get them no if or buts. Trusting you can.
McCoy

Reactions: Section5Petes

cub

Apr 11, 2012

Soon trade deadline upon us, can't wait to hear the stop of this.

SilverCity

Sep 23, 2022
Hopefully I'm wrong, but Papineau is too scared to make any moves. I feel as though he always overvalues our players and isn't willing to part with any of his future assets to win this year. I feel that this is our year if we can just make 1 or 2 strong additions. I love the makeup of this team.

I don't know if anyone else realized it, but seeing the boys celebrate after the come-from-behind win against KR just shows how close knit of a team this is. The chemistry seems unreal. I feel that it is our year...this year.

In my opinion, if Paps doesn't see this, and doesn't make a splash this trade deadline, he needs to be LET GO!

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
In the Dub Geekie went for 3 1st round picks and 1/2 the prospects lolll Go big or go home Paps

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
WHL is the wild west when it comes to trades, not uncommon for teams to traded a whole draft year of picks away for one player....Wenatchee came out crazy good in the two trades they did for their WJ stars

It’s all relative. Buy-Sell….same same.

Reactions: frontsfan67

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
Hopefully I'm wrong, but Papineau is too scared to make any moves. I feel as though he always overvalues our players and isn't willing to part with any of his future assets to win this year. I feel that this is our year if we can just make 1 or 2 strong additions. I love the makeup of this team.

I don't know if anyone else realized it, but seeing the boys celebrate after the come-from-behind win against KR just shows how close knit of a team this is. The chemistry seems unreal. I feel that it is our year...this year.

In my opinion, if Paps doesn't see this, and doesn't make a splash this trade deadline, he needs to be LET GO!
I agree they need to go big because it’s gonna be a long time before they have this much talent and get this close to being a legit contender again for awhile. Even if they have to give up someone they might not want to give up they’ll be fine. Next year, they will still have solid talent. Holding onto someone that might make a difference of a handful of wins next year but cost us a championship this year by being unwilling to part with them, it makes no sense.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Is it remotely possible that Paps is considering waiting out everybody to try and get a couple of cheap options, while potentially having to spend far less? Someone tell me that this is ludicrous and that I’m nuts for ever considering this!

TheRailBird2

Oct 4, 2023
Is it remotely possible that Paps is considering waiting out everybody to try and get a couple of cheap options, while potentially having to spend far less? Someone tell me that this is ludicrous and that I’m nuts for ever considering this!
Well that is not going to work, market is the market, he can pay to play, or he will be left getting scraps that do not move the needle with the roster they currently have. If Guelph is not selling, and it appears that is what is happening, he has Peterborough left to deal with, with McCoy coming back, possibly along with Melee. Lots of the other options are OA's like Giroux and Peer, and the improvement over our current crop of OA's is not substantial to the point of replacing a roster player like Signoretti or Protz with a Melee or McCoy

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
That's just as crazy as my conspiracy that RP doesn't want to mess with the growing chemistry. Especially with Dally coming back and thinking he "fixed" our goalie situation.
OR
My other conspiracy that no other teams want to trade with the Wolves because they see how good they are and don't want the north to have any reason to celebrate.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
That's just as crazy as my conspiracy that RP doesn't want to mess with the growing chemistry. Especially with Dally coming back and thinking he "fixed" our goalie situation.
OR
My other conspiracy that no other teams want to trade with the Wolves because they see how good they are and don't want the north to have any reason to celebrate.
Hanlon's Razor: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad