Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
1704677075027.png

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
People were saying earlier that Buchinger and Bowman were available but there has been no more talk about them. Is Guelph selling or not ?

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Catering to the Wolves so called fans. The toxic ones.
The toxic ones would be the so-called "fan" in this thread who sent a threat to my private messages. Kudos to them, I'll be sure to keep my opinions to myself.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
People were saying earlier that Buchinger and Bowman were available but there has been no more talk about them. Is Guelph selling or not ?
I believe that has cooled down. But I believe Giroux might be still in play.

The toxic ones would be the so-called "fan" in this thread who sent a threat to my private messages. Kudos to them, I'll be sure to keep my opinions to myself.
report it then.

Reactions: djscooter

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Giroux has been scratched the last two games. I had heard even before the season started he wanted to play closer to home this year. Then they gave him the C. The last month or so he’s been completely checked out and the effort level hasn’t been the same. If I was putting my $ on the table I’d say he almost certainly is being moved and I’d put Sudbury near the top of the list. If Toure is coming back the other way I wouldn’t expect much in the way of picks and Flint doesn’t really need too many more anyway right now. If anything, do it for Giroux. He’s earned it. Let him take a run with his hometown team.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Giroux has been scratched the last two games. I had heard even before the season started he wanted to play closer to home this year. Then they gave him the C. The last month or so he’s been completely checked out and the effort level hasn’t been the same. If I was putting my $ on the table I’d say he almost certainly is being moved and I’d put Sudbury near the top of the list. If Toure is coming back the other way I wouldn’t expect much in the way of picks and Flint doesn’t really need too many more anyway right now. If anything, do it for Giroux. He’s earned it. Let him take a run with his hometown team.
We would gladly take him however giving up a Dman when the teams weakness is defence is where it becomes complicating. Maybe a bigger deal involving Smith, Betucci and Giroux would work for Toure, and Protz.

WJ

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
We would gladly take him however giving up a Dman when the teams weakness is defence is where it becomes complicating. Maybe a bigger deal involving Smith, Betucci and Giroux would work for Toure, and Protz.

WJ
McCoy would be a nice replacement for Toure

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I hate to see Toure have to be moved. I don't think Papineau needs to put himself in this predicament, lots of other moves can be made without needing to pick up a OA.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
McCoy would be a nice replacement for Toure
Of course that would be another option. But looks like the Petes and Wolves are having trouble hooking up on any deals this time around. But who knows if the Price is Right!

WJ

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

WJ
Smith and Bertucci? You sure you don’t want us to throw in Nathan Day and Coulson Pitre too?

Reactions: dirty12

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Smith and Bertucci? You sure you don’t want us to throw in Nathan Day and Coulson Pitre too?
What's the difference you already gave up Hayes and Kressler! If we give up on Protz, Toure and say Taylor we would need Pitre, Grioux and Betucci.

WJ

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Looks like North Bay is really going for it. They have no picks in rounds 2, 3 and 4 until 2028. At least from my count.
They will have 2nds in the next two drafts, but maybe only one 3rd no 4ths over the next four drafts.
I think they overpaid for Ride.
In this market, I don’t think they did. He can be a big part for 2.5 seasons. That might be important because a big sell looms for NB.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
So with with all the picks the Soo used on those deals today, does that take them out of the Beck sweeps?
Very likely yes albeit based on some posts here he's alluded to him not wanting to play for another Memorial Cup this year anyways so that takes everyone out of the running....Saginaw and Sudbury are the the only probable landing spots but all talks point towards Saginaw if it happens

I agree with that sentiment.

Going to be rough here in the bay for the next 5ish years if they get nowhere this year.
Unless Dom drastically turns his game around, NB won't get past the 2nd round IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad