Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
If dvorsky came back (he’s not) they’d have a spot for him anyways I believe he gets protected since he is an nhl draft pick.

Definitely not smart to miss out on your imports and they obviously didn’t intend for that to happen. Sometimes if you roll the dice, you pay the price.
I hope you see the 17yr old import come over in fall/Oct. which is the same time Dvorsky arrived. Nemic (16yrs) maybe next season, hopefully.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
If dvorsky came back (he’s not) they’d have a spot for him anyways I believe he gets protected since he is an nhl draft pick.

Definitely not smart to miss out on your imports and they obviously didn’t intend for that to happen. Sometimes if you roll the dice, you pay the price.
So there would be the issue. If you are saving a spot for Dvorski, you can only bring one over.

Then you have to look at the roster.

Dvorski - Musty - Delic
Pharand - Villy - Walton
Chiteroni - Dean - Klinkhammer
Coughlan

I believe that maybe be how the lines begin to look, unless you are promising a top 6 spot on the roster, don't see the benefit for a 17 year old to come over if he can get the same ice time at home. If Dvorski doesn't come back it may be then that one comes. Next year would be a more open chance with no Dvorski, no Musty, no Delic, maybe Pharand.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So there would be the issue. If you are saving a spot for Dvorski, you can only bring one over.

Then you have to look at the roster.

Dvorski - Musty - Delic
Pharand - Villy - Walton
Chiteroni - Dean - Klinkhammer
Coughlan

I believe that maybe be how the lines begin to look, unless you are promising a top 6 spot on the roster, don't see the benefit for a 17 year old to come over if he can get the same ice time at home. If Dvorski doesn't come back it may be then that one comes. Next year would be a more open chance with no Dvorski, no Musty, no Delic, maybe Pharand.
Coughlan is a 6-7 forward with that roster as listed

Reactions: cub

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
With it looking like 0 imports, it atleast opens up a lot of spots for rookies to try to grab.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
With it looking like 0 imports, it atleast opens up a lot of spots for rookies to try to grab.
Hopefully it's a real shot of the earn it, it's hard seeing 1st round picks just relegated to 4th line minutes just because, like Taylor was first half of last season.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Does Villi still have games left to serve to start the season? I am thinking he does.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I haven't seen anything about that. I plan on being at the scrimmage tonight with my son. I'll see if they have a list then if it isn't announced before.
Heard from a friend over there this morning that there is no lineups out yet, I'd assumed they'll have them out for the scrimmage, going to try to make it out myself as well.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Progress

1000002234.jpg

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

Second time in the last four years the Wolves will enter the season without an import on the roster it seems like.

Jan Chovan is lined up to play for Tappara U20 team,

I'm not seeing where Adam Nemec plans on playing just yet, but I expect he's looking for a step up in competition from HK Nitra U20.

Dvorsky will likely start the season in the AHL I assume. Vondras moving up to pro hockey back home as well.

Wolves have been trying to hit a lot of home runs in the import draft the last few years, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it does not. Hope they can grab a decent import on waivers or from a team who ends up with 3 somehow.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
I'm not too worried about Beites not coming, if he was going NCAA, likely would have announced a commitment by now and wouldn't be at orientation.

He is likely at St Andrew's this year and takes a spot next year unless he surprises. We are likely as of now Chucky and Gaulton this year.

With the new NOJHL rules on rookies don't think he would get on with a team cubs already have 2 goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad