Sudbury Wolves 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

More value then I expected them to recoup, but what a terrible trade picking him up was, 41 games of hockey and they gave up Protz and a boat load of picks.

From the same article
The Sudbury Wolves open their Training Camp with orientation camp beginning on Monday, August 26th and Main Camp starting on Wednesday, August 28th.

No times still.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
Who else is gone last I knew Goyette, Vandenburg, McCoy, Delic, Deangelis, Yearwood, Signoretti, Mauro, Pryce where all still here.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Who else is gone last I knew Goyette, Vandenburg, McCoy, Delic, Deangelis, Yearwood, Signoretti, Mauro, Pryce where all still here.
Goyette (unless a crippling several month injury), Yearwood, Signoretti, Mauro, Pryce are not potential OHL OAs

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
One of the poorest trade I've seen made in any sport, in some time. R.P. absolutely got take to the cleaners. Giving up 2 2nd's 1 3rd and an up and coming young defenceman. What was he thinking. I'd like to know.
I think even Paps would agree with you. I’m sure if he could take it back he would, everyone deserves a mulligan. I think he has done very well dispersing our abundant OAs

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
I think even Paps would agree with you. I’m sure if he could take it back he would, everyone deserves a mulligan. I think he has done very well dispersing our abundant OAs
Mulligan!
Just last year he:
Failed to address severe deficiencies in net
Assembled abhorrent coaching staff
Maintained Head Coach as (Very) Senior Advisor
Failed in bringing in quality OA’s at the deadline who could make a difference (Giroux!!)
Fleeced on Van Vliet trade

And that’s just last year

Reactions: djscooter

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Mulligan!
Just last year he:
Failed to address severe deficiencies in net
Assembled abhorrent coaching staff
Maintained Head Coach as (Very) Senior Advisor
Failed in bringing in quality OA’s at the deadline who could make a difference (Giroux!!)
Fleeced on Van Vliet trade

And that’s just last year
Ok, a mulligan per hole on front 9

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Ask Dario, his GM can do no wrong and this is the face of the organization going forward. Any other organization in any sport would have had this guys bags packed at the end of the season.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Where are our imports Papineau, most teams have already signed there’s, hopefully your history of incompetence isn’t continuing.

Last edited:

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
I dont know if the person i spoke to was 💩ing or not so take it with a grain of salt, but I heard both imports weren't reporting this season.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I dont know if the person i spoke to was 💩ing or not so take it with a grain of salt, but I heard both imports weren't reporting this season.
Some times it's strategic. Last year the Bulldogs took Adam Jiricek knowing he wasn't coming, but hope(d) he will this year. Sounds like St. Louis will be sending him here.

Point is, Bulldogs started last year with 0 imports, finished with Hamara and Sobolev, and expect their high end guys to report this year.

agillarda

Jan 3, 2024
May be smart to start with no imports this year, you have the long shot oh Dvorski coming back and if another team finds them self in a spot like us and kitchener(?) Last year with 1 too many imports. We could get one for cheap.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
My apologies if the truth hurts
It doesn’t hurt.
I think most agree with your perspective but it’s a broken record. It’s hockey, it’s a game managed and played by imperfect people. Not sure if Paps stole your lunch money in primary school but lighten up a little. By now everyone on here has read over opinion on our GM’s incompetence. Maybe try posting a positive view. There must be something positive about the Wolves we can talk about. In coming Youth? New Coaches? Draft Cupboard? Villie, Delic, McCoy, DeAngelis, Walton and Pharand? Jackson, Dean or Blonda? Ewles or Klinkhammer?
Lots of positive topics. I don’t know but I like looking forward and not backwards. I get frustrated like most fans when things don’t go well but only one team can win an OHL Championship each season and last year for a multitude of reasons we lost in the second round. BoHoo. Can’t change it, move on. I for one have renewed my season tickets and my faith for better outcomes. Regardless I can’t wait for OHL Wolves hockey to start because it gets me through the winter months and I love watching the players develop. Maybe a lifetime of being a Leaf Fan has gotten me use to disappointing outcomes but I find positive thoughts and words make me love the sport even more. I know my place. I’m just a fan.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
May be smart to start with no imports this year, you have the long shot oh Dvorski coming back and if another team finds them self in a spot like us and kitchener(?) Last year with 1 too many imports. We could get one for cheap.
If dvorsky came back (he’s not) they’d have a spot for him anyways I believe he gets protected since he is an nhl draft pick.

Definitely not smart to miss out on your imports and they obviously didn’t intend for that to happen. Sometimes if you roll the dice, you pay the price.

Reactions: djscooter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad