Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I don't find Murray lazy, I think he has awkward style when it comes to forechecking and battling for pucks. I think he competes, he seems to get underskin of the opposition team, which he draws a lot of penalties.

He needs a set up man to score due to having NHL shot when has the opportunity. Not many of our forwards can score from the slot, most have below average shot. However, if we can get a nice return on him I be open to it, especially a deal that would include Noel etc.

Perhaps the choice of the word "lazy" is not correct. He's not interested in being a leader. That might be more appropriate.

Reactions: View from section 9

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
wouldn’t you agree that as 20 year olds forwards they should be top 5 in scoring? Pretty sure Pilon was last year. We just need an upgrade a defence so badly! For me it has nothing to do with Carson’s inability and everything to do with what the team needs.
Yes I agree that you do what is best for the team I just was responding to a post that says they haven't produced enough when the 19 year olds should all be having breakout seasons. And no the Pilons were not top 5 in scoring last season.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Ohlinsider: From all accounts Sudbury Wolves GM Rob Papineau is having a real tough time realistically valuing his players. What he's been offering is not even close to realistic value.
Gotta give something to get something!

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
After someone said Moncada, I’d love to grab him too, or McGregor to really upgrade our OAs. He’s a better Bulitka so we wouldn’t lose defensive skill or work ethic.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
wouldn’t you agree that as 20 year olds forwards they should be top 5 in scoring? Pretty sure Pilon was last year. We just need an upgrade a defence so badly! For me it has nothing to do with Carson’s inability and everything to do with what the team needs.

Actually Darian was 9th only one point ahead of Candella and 2nd in PIM to Drake. I agree that we should expect more from our OAs.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
That is funny..two defensive forwards that are top five in scoring on the team aren't doing their job. I would say the 19 year old age group is the disappointment. I would also say that the d and goaltending has been so bad it has killed what was a high scoring team. I agree with dirty the OA's should have been addressed in the off season. Bring on some 19 year olds like Ruzicka and see what happens. Stop blaming players for crap management decisions.

Bulitka and Carson should be top 50 in scoring at the least, as OA's. There are 18 and 19 years old out scoring them. Did you just woke up on their stats? , they are good players but expendable, look at Chenier, Keating, etc out performing.

Management is doing a great job, I have total faith in Papineau.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Gordeev has been hurt most of the year, Brahaney KGN hasn't made available and Paquette/Wilson aren't very good...

Injuries happen, though Gordeev must have played near 30 min vs Petes last weekend. Brahaney (was at least) made available. Hudson and Paquette would be ideal for the wolves, imo; was Paquette not voted best eastern defensive D in last season’s coach’s poll?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
But Sudbury didn't pay up for anyone last year other than a cheap add in Ruzicka...? So was he not right?

Well Ruzicka was nice add don't regret that move at all. However, OHLInsider was way off on what Wolves were acquiring last season. He didn't get one Sudbury transaction. At the same time was trying to embarrass Papineau and the fans.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Ohlinsider went on a real whinefest when called out last year. It was hilarious to watch. And you are right he/she does have a hate on for Sudbury.

But its not as entertaining as watching all you armchair General Managers analyze every move or non move to death.

Reactions: hockieguy

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Ohlinsider went on a real whinefest when called out last year. It was hilarious to watch. And you are right he/she does have a hate on for Sudbury.

But its not as entertaining as watching all you armchair General Managers analyze every move or non move to death.

I hear you Wisdom.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Well Ruzicka was nice add don't regret that move at all. However, OHLInsider was way off on what Wolves were acquiring last season. He didn't get one Sudbury transaction. At the same time was trying to embarrass Papineau and the fans.

Agreed Ruzicka was a good add but I'm saying was he trying to embarrass Papineau or was he just correct in his assessment?

He said Papineau wasn't willing to spend what it costs to get a big name player, which was true. He paid small to get Ruzicka (which worked out) but the notion that "Papineau wasn't willing to spend big" seems to be correct not OHLInsiders making fun of him.

I'd assume Papineau shreds that distinction this week, he better at least

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Agreed Ruzicka was a good add but I'm saying was he trying to embarrass Papineau or was he just correct in his assessment?

He said Papineau wasn't willing to spend what it costs to get a big name player, which was true. He paid small to get Ruzicka (which worked out) but the notion that "Papineau wasn't willing to spend big" seems to be correct not OHLInsiders making fun of him.

I'd assume Papineau shreds that distinction this week, he better at least

I think most managers over value their players not just Papineau it's Manager job to do that. Last year OHLinsider got backlash from Sudbury fans, and he kept on making stuff up to stir things up.

Reactions: yalbmert25

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014

I promise you I have nothing against Sudbury. I love that big nickel. But he offended Mississauga and Barrie so far with offers. When you guys don't get anything substantial again this year, you'll know why! That's all.

Last year they had way too many people calling different teams, and some of them even reached out clueless that the player had already been moved or that the deadline had passed. I have no reason to make that up.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I feel like Cub posts the same things over and over again. Go back and read last years thread. Put in your resume?? Isn't this a discussion board. It gets so old listening to players getting ripped but then defend the management who doesn't upgrade the players..you could go through and pick this player over that player based on stats and build a super team but you have to actually make bold moves. I will sit back now and let Papineau do his job and hope he can make the upgrades that need to be done. I just think it sucks that the team has to have the confidence sucked out of it before anything happens. Just my opinion, not my application for the GM job, but just an opinion.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

I promise you I have nothing against Sudbury. I love that big nickel. But he offended Mississauga and Barrie so far with offers. When you guys don't get anything substantial again this year, you'll know why! That's all.

Last year they had way too many people calling different teams, and some of them even reached out clueless that the player had already been moved or that the deadline had passed. I have no reason to make that up.

Come on, every chance you got you give a shot to Sudbury, "sex appeal" was today. You tried to make fun of Papineau saying he was the one who had asked about a player already being moved, which I confirmed recently it wasn't him. Your not doing Sudbury any favours with your backhand comments about Sudbury.

OHLInsiders

Mar 9, 2014
I'm saying they should only have one guy at the helm making phone calls to avoid that stuff, cuz It did happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad