Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Take him! Noel, Gross and McLean for Murray, McCallum and Weeks a second a third.

WJ

This is a rare trade where both teams would probably say no lol.

Gens have no reason to trade MacLean as he's back next year as a non-OA and they'll go with Paputsakis/MacLean again

Sudbury would say no because if they're trading their rookie '03 to go all-in, it'd make no sense to also trade their 3rd best forward, who is over a point per game and scored 30 goals last year

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Sudbury in on Noel, as per OHL Insiders. Sudbury also looking at Kooy/Silovs (no surprise). We shall see

Reactions: hockeynorth

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Sudbury in on Noel, as per OHL Insiders. Sudbury also looking at Kooy/Silovs (no surprise). We shall see

I saw that Silovs might not be in play because he is a first year import, not allowed to trade? I think I recall now this was the same for UPL couldn't move him first year import.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I saw that Silovs might not be in play because he is a first year import, not allowed to trade? I think I recall now this was the same for UPL couldn't move him first year import.

There's an Import trade window that opens up for first year Imports.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
He plays a very soft game, dives a lot and isn't the hardest worker.

I dont believe this to be true. There have been dozens of post explaining that this is the weakest division in the league. If he was as dangerous as you believe, he would have many more points in a weak division. If he were in the West, would he be a point a game? Not sure but watching him the last several years, I believe some coaches would have him on 3rd or 4th lines. He is over valued IMO.

To be clear, I have stated that this team is nowhere as good as UPL made them look and that this team was in a rebuild last year. It wasn’t done, and now there is a real asset again to move for the good of this team and really repair a dysfunctional organization. These are tough decisions and I don’t envy Mr. Papineau’s job.

Obviously guys that are 6'3" and that can score grow on trees! You can find those guys anywhere! Nobody wants this type of player. They want grinders that will dig in the corners and block shots!

Blake needs to get stronger and play more physical. He'd be a top6 forward on any team in the OHL and would produce IMO. He's an offensive player that needs to find more consistency in his game. Does he have high compete like Pezzetta or the Pilons no. But he does have great hands and a great shot. He's even become much more of a playmaker this year.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Obviously guys that are 6'3" and that can score grow on trees! You can find those guys anywhere! Nobody wants this type of player. They want grinders that will dig in the corners and block shots!

Blake needs to get stronger and play more physical. He'd be a top6 forward on any team in the OHL and would produce IMO. He's an offensive player that needs to find more consistency in his game. Does he have high compete like Pezzetta or the Pilons no. But he does have great hands and a great shot. He's even become much more of a playmaker this year.

The question is, "When will he step-up?" He's had 3 years to show some intensity and now with Q gone he has his opportunity to show the team (and the NHL) that he can be that player. He should be leading the team now and instead he's playing lazy. What's he waiting for? Some guys just don't have that kind of desire and he seems to be one of them. I think we were all counting on him more this year but it doesn't seem to be in the cards.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I don't find Murray lazy, I think he has awkward style when it comes to forechecking and battling for pucks. I think he competes, he seems to get underskin of the opposition team, which he draws a lot of penalties.

He needs a set up man to score due to having NHL shot when has the opportunity. Not many of our forwards can score from the slot, most have below average shot. However, if we can get a nice return on him I be open to it, especially a deal that would include Noel etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hockeynorth

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sudbury <a href="#Wolves hashtag on Twitter">#Wolves</a> very active, just not sure they have the pieces/sex appeal to get what they&#39;re after.<br><br>They want a goalie, preferably not an OA . Kooy &amp; Silovs potential early candidates.<br><br>Also getting tied in with Oshawa on a potential Serron Noel move.<a href="#OHL hashtag on Twitter">#OHL</a> <a href="#OHLTradeDeadline hashtag on Twitter">#OHLTradeDeadline</a></p>&mdash; OHLInsiders (@OHLInsiders) <a href="">January 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sudbury <a href="#Wolves hashtag on Twitter">#Wolves</a> very active, just not sure they have the pieces/sex appeal to get what they&#39;re after.<br><br>They want a goalie, preferably not an OA . Kooy &amp; Silovs potential early candidates.<br><br>Also getting tied in with Oshawa on a potential Serron Noel move.<a href="#OHL hashtag on Twitter">#OHL</a> <a href="#OHLTradeDeadline hashtag on Twitter">#OHLTradeDeadline</a></p>&mdash; OHLInsiders (@OHLInsiders) <a href="">January 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks like I need to learn how to embed a tweet. FYI: The first year import window is from Jan 1-10.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Murray is good on a line with a player like Byfield. Byfield can get him the puck in good scoring areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad