Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm saying they should only have one guy at the helm making phone calls to avoid that stuff, cuz It did happen.

That's their business how they handle and operate the deadline, for you to go out to say it was Papineau was a dirty shot and no need to post it. If it was someone else on Papineau team made a mistake make it clear. I'm sure honest mistakes happened in the heated deadline. You got sucked in a few times on trade rumours and look like a fool.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Come on, every chance you got you give a shot to Sudbury, "sex appeal" was today. You tried to make fun of Papineau saying he was the one who had asked about a player already being moved, which I confirmed recently it wasn't him. Your not doing Sudbury any favours with your backhand comments about Sudbury.

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
Bulitka and Carson should be top 50 in scoring at the least, as OA's. There are 18 and 19 years old out scoring them. Did you just woke up on their stats? , they are good players but expendable, look at Chenier, Keating, etc out performing.

Management is doing a great job, I have total faith in Papineau.

Carson has at times playing been with two defenceman and let’s face it most times not real steady line mates to say the least. Add that to to all the pk minutes he covers wich can be extensive Let’s also throw in No first line pp play minutes. I’m sure it is hard to simply grab points when you know there is nothing virtually behind you in net.

levin I think has improved his defensive game extensively this year.
Big improvement.

yeah this is on the coach’s and management. The goal tending is horrendous. I would say some of the the players are staying back to cover the shortfalls.

Last comment OHL insider as discussed seems to have a beef with Sudbury.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Check back to the 2010 draft and you will see for 3 years we both drafted once first overall and we both also drafted in the top 4 or 5. The Hounds twice, but over the next decade that was the last time the Hounds drafted higher than 9th overall. The improvement began with Kyle Dubas, his vision for sustained success. It gave us several opportunities to go for it and still get two playoff rounds the last 6 or 7 years. This year will likely be our highest selection in some time but we will hopefully get a round or two in the playoffs and a bright future.
Point being Wolves management needs to either be changed or have a major philosophy change. Dubas fired Stapleton after 1.5 years of underachieving and brought in Keefe. Is Stillman the right guy? Consider the age of your roster and higher picks you have in your lineup it needs consideration to change your coach now. IMO he has not shown any ability to coach at this level successfully.
Couldn't agree more. I'm holding out a childlike hope but as others have said this season is looking like it may turn out to be a huge bust. I watch Ottawa and Peterborough play. Hell even Oshawa are way ahead of the Wolves right now. I don't know what miracle it will take but I'm readying myself for a huge disappointment. If Paps and Stillman manage to fawk this up they need to be gone. What about promoting Stortini and dumping Stillman? Something has to be done. Look at Saginaw after the coaching change last year. Anyway neither have done shit and I hated several of Paps moves. Totally reeks of an inexperienced manager in over his head. Maybe that's what happens when you hire people without sufficient managerial experience. Thing is, does Dario even consider these things? He was in the Bay so he sees what's going on. I worry he's about as clueless as Molson though. He needs to step up if this season goes to shit. Absolutely no reason for it. Anyway thats it for now but I'm with Jack. We both have been suffering forever and blowing this season will leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Come on, every chance you got you give a shot to Sudbury, "sex appeal" was today. You tried to make fun of Papineau saying he was the one who had asked about a player already being moved, which I confirmed recently it wasn't him. Your not doing Sudbury any favours with your backhand comments about Sudbury.
read what he says about Niagara if the Sudbury stuff you find bad, that stuff gets me laughing

Reactions: View from section 9

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm saying they should only have one guy at the helm making phone calls to avoid that stuff, cuz It did happen.
some of us like hearing your repots, you got anything else on Sudbury right now cause it sure sounds like we have a lot in the cooker (yet issues typical for Sudbury causing problems) from what I'm hearing

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Carson has at times playing been with two defenceman and let’s face it most times not real steady line mates to say the least. Add that to to all the pk minutes he covers wich can be extensive Let’s also throw in No first line pp play minutes. I’m sure it is hard to simply grab points when you know there is nothing virtually behind you in net.

levin I think has improved his defensive game extensively this year.
Big improvement.

yeah this is on the coach’s and management. The goal tending is horrendous. I would say some of the the players are staying back to cover the shortfalls.

Last comment OHL insider as discussed seems to have a beef with Sudbury.

Do your homework, especially if you're from the Soo board. Carson had top 6 minutes beginning of year for quite awhile, first and second PP time, First PK unit. I love Carson, however, is he going to play ahead of Byfield and Levin at Center? He has been playing lately with Hutchinson and Stillman for awhile now.

They tried him on the wing on top 2 lines, and not much production. The kind of goals he gets is going at the net, his hands are not the best, and shot is below average. I have seen him miss open nets a few times, and his skating is not the best. However, heart and soul guy, stick up for his teammates, block shots, shut down guy is more of his role.

Tired of guys blaming coaches for their production, these guys are 5th year guys, they should be tearing it up. Bulitka plays top 6 minutes what's excuse, since Byfield has been gone, the majority of the veteran core has not done much to pick up the slack.

I agree on the goaltending part, if you don't have goaltending you have nothing. We have done well with the sub par goaltending we have had. I agree maybe a push to find something else, but no one is going give you a goalie in OHL, plus goaltending in the OHL overall isn't that great. Papineau tried to wait it out with Purboo, and Weeks, Purboo does have 13 wins under his belt, but not very good save percentage, not all of it his fault.

Our Defence going into the season you would think we are finally developing our own D, we didn't have to trade for anyone, pretty much veteran core back there. If you go back to the playoffs last year, I would say Thompson and Philips were are best D as rookies. Maybe here is we can blame the coaching staff in how they are handling our D Zone, Philips took a step back, trying to do to much, maybe because its draft year. Ross , and Stratis seem to take a step back. Papineau gets Loponen, and Samuelsson, on most part Loponen has been decent, but could play better D. Samuelsson is big disappointment, this is kid that was developed in the U.S. Program, so is this Papineau fault?

Hutchinson and Robinson, also got to start getting on score board, they get many chances but no finish, so is that coaching?

I still have faith in this team I think if we can get a goalie, Veteran D and a scoring forward, we still can do some damage. The East is weak, Ottawa is the best team in OHL so it will be tough we match up in playoffs. We beat the Petes twice. The thing is we cant keep sliding. This weekend this veteran group got pick up their socks, and get a few wins.

Reactions: yalbmert25

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Do your homework, especially if you're from the Soo board. Carson had top 6 minutes beginning of year for quite awhile, first and second PP time, First PK unit. I love Carson, however, is he going to play ahead of Byfield and Levin at Center? He has been playing lately with Hutchinson and Stillman for awhile now.

They tried him on the wing on top 2 lines, and not much production. The kind of goals he gets is going at the net, his hands are not the best, and shot is below average. I have seen him miss open nets a few times, and his skating is not the best. However, heart and soul guy, stick up for his teammates, block shots, shut down guy is more of his role.

Tired of guys blaming coaches for their production, these guys are 5th year guys, they should be tearing it up. Bulitka plays top 6 minutes what's excuse, since Byfield has been gone, the majority of the veteran core has not done much to pick up the slack.

I agree on the goaltending part, if you don't have goaltending you have nothing. We have done well with the sub par goaltending we have had. I agree maybe a push to find something else, but no one is going give you a goalie in OHL, plus goaltending in the OHL overall isn't that great. Papineau tried to wait it out with Purboo, and Weeks, Purboo does have 13 wins under his belt, but not very good save percentage, not all of it his fault.

Our Defence going into the season you would think we are finally developing our own D, we didn't have to trade for anyone, pretty much veteran core back there. If you go back to the playoffs last year, I would say Thompson and Philips were are best D as rookies. Maybe here is we can blame the coaching staff in how they are handling our D Zone, Philips took a step back, trying to do to much, maybe because its draft year. Ross , and Stratis seem to take a step back. Papineau gets Loponen, and Samuelsson, on most part Loponen has been decent, but could play better D. Samuelsson is big disappointment, this is kid that was developed in the U.S. Program, so is this Papineau fault?

Hutchinson and Robinson, also got to start getting on score board, they get many chances but no finish, so is that coaching?

I still have faith in this team I think if we can get a goalie, Veteran D and a scoring forward, we still can do some damage. The East is weak, Ottawa is the best team in OHL so it will be tough we match up in playoffs. We beat the Petes twice. The thing is we cant keep sliding. This weekend this veteran group got pick up their socks, and get a few wins.
I must say Hutcheson and Robinson have disappointed me most this season

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Management is doing a great job, I have total faith in Papineau.

Time is ticking. 7 days left. No more excuses for Paps and this management group. So frustrating we can never build a true contender. Hoping Paps can get the job done, but time is running out for him to make multiple deals to get all the additions and upgrades this team needs to compete against a team like Ottawa come playoff time. Trying to remain positive that Paps will prove us all wrong.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Frustrated but you know I would so love to be proved wrong. I guess we’ll have to reserve final judgement till after the deadline. We need the hockey gods man.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Couldn't agree more. I'm holding out a childlike hope but as others have said this season is looking like it may turn out to be a huge bust. I watch Ottawa and Peterborough play. Hell even Oshawa are way ahead of the Wolves right now. I don't know what miracle it will take but I'm readying myself for a huge disappointment. If Paps and Stillman manage to fawk this up they need to be gone. What about promoting Stortini and dumping Stillman? Something has to be done. Look at Saginaw after the coaching change last year. Anyway neither have done **** and I hated several of Paps moves. Totally reeks of an inexperienced manager in over his head. Maybe that's what happens when you hire people without sufficient managerial experience. Thing is, does Dario even consider these things? He was in the Bay so he sees what's going on. I worry he's about as clueless as Molson though. He needs to step up if this season goes to ****. Absolutely no reason for it. Anyway thats it for now but I'm with Jack. We both have been suffering forever and blowing this season will leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

And you'll be back in your same seat next season as a ticket holder.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017

Cub you never blame anyone but players. I can go back to Oct and Nov with Byfield here and the coaching was atrocious. It was obvious the coach wanted/ needed tweaks to be made and nothing was done. Confidence is huge and for being such a "fan" you seem to really know how to knock down the guys that are busting their asses to make up for shortfalls of the team and organization. Carson and Bulitka can be better but you hold the party line so much you have zero credibility.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Cub you never blame anyone but players. I can go back to Oct and Nov with Byfield here and the coaching was atrocious. It was obvious the coach wanted/ needed tweaks to be made and nothing was done. Confidence is huge and for being such a "fan" you seem to really know how to knock down the guys that are busting their asses to make up for shortfalls of the team and organization. Carson and Bulitka can be better but you hold the party line so much you have zero credibility.

C’mon, cub know good coach and cub know good GM; he’s stated so many, many times.

cub

Apr 11, 2012

Not knocking players, I'm a fan of Bulitka and Carson, I have seen Stillman put Bulitka Levin and Carson on one line, you would think this is a killer line, however, no production. You can't blame coach on 5th year guys that are not producing.

You go back to October and November when you just woke up, they were on winning streaks and beating big teams like, Petes, Oshawa, Saginaw, Guelph. I still have a faith in this team, coaching and management is not a problem, I explained in previous post clearly. Papineau at this trade deadline is going to make a deal if it is the right cost and makes sense.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013

Great post, how can you argue about anything you stated. Seems you are very on top of your observations.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Question, is there a trade freeze on during the WJC for all players, or just trades that involve players at the WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad