Stutzle or Byfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stutzle or Byfield, who will be the better player?

• Total voters

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
No that is not ridiculous.

You can add as many ? or ! as you want but it is how it is. You just dont like to hear it. Exactly why most are annoyed by the fact that LA fans are putting Stützle down. That is the whole problem here.

Bob McKenzie is not doing the draft for either LA, Ottawa, or whoever.
Bob McKenzie’s list was a consolidated one from 10 NHL scouts he interviewed. 5 had Byfield 2nd and 5 had Stutzle.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think a sizeable portion of the NHL would choose Stutzle as he has higher end skill than Byfield. What he lacks is the size of a true #1 C...but you could make a good argument that as a prospect, Byfield is riskier.

Anyway, my point was that LA fans should cool off and understand that realistically, EITHER of these players could be leaps better than the other 5 years from now and neither team should be upset with whatever their team picks.

We understand that wholeheartedly.

The majority of the Kings forum rooting for a Byfield pick doesn't mean they wouldn't be thrilled with Stutzle. That's not how polls work. We're not saying he's 75% better than Stutzle or that we'd be mad at the pick. We trust our scouting department at this point just like you guys do yours. If there's one thing both teams have done extremely well, it's draft and develop. The reaction is to the constant stream of Ottawa fans trolling our forum and Ottawa media connecting random dots while disregarding anything from the LA sphere.

I feel like I say this once every 4-5 pages as the discussion gets recycled and a different subsection of fans works themselves into a frenzy over the newest slightest crumb of information.

But go ahead and laugh all the way to the bank if LA drafts Stutzle instead, that'll really show us. "LOL LA ended up with the guy we said we wanted all along, what a bunch of idiots."

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Byfield is closer to 1 than he is 3.

Personally I feel that way as well but I can't begrudge anyone thinking the same re: Stutzle. I'd be agonizing about this decision if I were in LA's draft room regardless of how confident I tell myself I am about Byfield.

Polar Bear

May 15, 2018
Byfield is closer to 1 than he is 3.
He can be if he puts everything together, but the risk with Byfield is that his floor is way lower than Laf's and probably even Stutzle's. If Byfield's floor was anywhere close to his ceiling, he'd be a lock at 2, and would have had a chance to battle with Laf for 1.

Reactions: Rorschach

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Any new hints coming out of LA?

I feel the latest out of Ottawa is they feel they are getting Stutzle, at least that is what I took out of Mann's interview and Garrioch's recent article.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think a vast majority of Kings fans have said they prefer Byfield but will be happy with Stutzle.

Don't let a couple vocal extremists fool you or shape a disingenuous narrative.

Remember the Kings moved up in the draft. They haven't moved up since they won the initial lottery in 1995 and moved up from 7 to 3 - picking Aki Berg. They have moved down a lot as a result of lotteries.

Reactions: Rorschach

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
See? This isn't in the past. We still hate each other.

giphy.gif

Any new hints coming out of LA?

I feel the latest out of Ottawa is they feel they are getting Stutzle, at least that is what I took out of Mann's interview and Garrioch's recent article.

Jonathan Davis is pretty plugged in with LA and he's one of the few guys who said Stutzle today apparently. I didn't hear it.

That doesn't help, it's just more people adding to the coin flip, haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad