Stutzle or Byfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stutzle or Byfield, who will be the better player?

• Total voters

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Byfield leading 203-202 right now... I don't know if I've ever seen two prospects considered to be so equivalent. Personally I like Stutzle because I love the way he skates and it translates into my favorite kind of playstyle, but I don't think anyone is wrong for choosing Byfield. His combination of hands, speed and size gives him essentially unlimited potential

The HFKings board chooses Byfield at a 5 to 1 clip over Stutzle. If we isolate out those votes, including my own, it may be a small but clear edge for Stutzle currently.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I think your underlined point highlights one of the bigger differences between these two players. Stutzle isn't a net front presence, he picks his moments to get in front which are usually to try to tap a loose puck in or to get a shot from prime range. Stutzle's net front is either from the corner after the d let's off (or is beat) or after he blows by a D. I feel his cycle game is more like a winger at this point in development, goalies don't have man pressure when he's on the ice and he relies on a good shot, speed, and Del goaltending to get goals. Stutzle's game is not suited to bring an NHL centre in that particular way, he needs to work on being in front of the net more to be effective at NHL level (also, more touch less carry, he's too Barzal like that but Barzal uses it more wisely).

Byfield is built like an NHL centre. He's where he needs to be.

Should be interesting to see when Stutzle skates on a North American rink. I’m guessing the DEL is using an Olympic-sized rink since they are European.

Also I think you’re not too far off...Stutzle is a skinny, lanky guy, the kind of build that you can tip over easily in a contested zone like the crease. He’s reportedly put on 20lbs of muscle in the off-season on your his 6’ 1” frame so that also should be interesting to see how that affects his game. I’ve seen kids in the past suddenly bulk up and have their agility negatively affected.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Should be interesting to see when Stutzle skates on a North American rink. I’m guessing the DEL is using an Olympic-sized rink since they are European.

Also I think you’re not too far off...Stutzle is a skinny, lanky guy, the kind of build that you can tip over easily in a contested zone like the crease. He’s reportedly put on 20lbs of muscle in the off-season on your his 6’ 1” frame so that also should be interesting to see how that affects his game. I’ve seen kids in the past suddenly bulk up and have their agility negatively affected.

I wouldn't call this skinny or lanky.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Why?!

50% of scouts would take Stutzle over Byfield.

Because of their fans on here deadset on choosing him. There's a good chance Stutzle ends up being a vastly better player...just like Byfield could hit his ceiling and blow Stutzle out of the water.

Reactions: bert

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Because of their fans on here deadset on choosing him. There's a good chance Stutzle ends up being a vastly better player...just like Byfield could hit his ceiling and blow Stutzle out of the water.

Oh, I get what you're saying.

Definitely LA fans would be livid lol

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I am more than happy with Stützle.

What probably is more funny, the 180 degrees turnaround of Ottawa/Anaheim fans once LA pick Stützle.

That will probably be more entertaining.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

What probably is more funny, the 180 degrees turnaround of Ottawa/Anaheim fans once LA pick Stützle.

Sens fans are split on Byfield and Stutzle and are happy with either.

Kings fans on the other hand the majority want Byfield and have often put Stutzle down.

Let's be clear here.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

There is no turnaround for Sens fans though... they are equally split between the two players.

Hell Im a life long Sudbury Wolves fan and a Sens fan, and have been (one of) Byfields biggest proponents on here since he got drafted to the Wolves. And even I am almost split down the middle on these two players (although obviously for sentimental reasons Im hoping that the Sens get Byfield a little bit more).

LA seems to be the only group of fans on HF who have their minds made up on this debate. Its gone past the point that they will need to do some back tracking if the draft doesn't go the way they believe it will - they have a grand canyon sized hole to climb out of . They pushed all in on Byfield.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Sens fans are split on Byfield and Stutzle and are happy with either.

Kings fans on the other hand the majority want Byfield and have often put Stutzle down.

Let's be clear here.
Kings fans want Byfield because any team @ 2 will pick Byfield.

Fine if you think fans put Stützle down, that is because you probably get him and do not like that. Of course you are split on Byfield or Stützle, because you pick after the Kings.

Let’s be clear here.

There is no turnaround for Sens fans though... they are equally split between the two players.
Yes and I already explained why, here above.

I slightly prefer Stützle but I fully expect LA and other team prefers a fast 6”5” centerman with that skill.

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Fine if you think fans put Stützle down, that is because you probably get him and do not like that. Of course you are split on Byfield or Stützle, because you pick after the Kings.

Let’s be clear here.

What?!?

Hilarious that you would insinuate that we are only split because we don't have a choice in the matter.

Thats ridiculous.

Kings fans are enamoured with Byfield because they see him as their Kopitar replacement as many have stated.

As far as your statement "because any team will pick Byfield at 2" - You may want to review Bob McKenzie's draft rankings and see who he has listed #2 overall.

Hint. It's not Byfield.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
What?!?

Hilarious that you would insinuate that we are only split because we don't have a choice in the matter.

Thats ridiculous.
No that is not ridiculous.

You can add as many ? or ! as you want but it is how it is. You just dont like to hear it. Exactly why most are annoyed by the fact that LA fans are putting Stützle down. That is the whole problem here.

Bob McKenzie is not doing the draft for either LA, Ottawa, or whoever.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
No that is not ridiculous.

You can add as many ? or ! as you want but it is how it is. You just dont like to hear it. Exactly why most are annoyed by the fact that LA fans are putting Stützle down.

Bob McKenzie is not doing the draft for either LA, Ottawa, or whoever.

Sure.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Lmfao you must be going by that Donald Trump logic they like using down there I guess eh... Because this post makes no f***ing sense at all.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

I slightly prefer Stützle but I fully expect LA and other team prefers a fast 6”5” centerman with that skill.

I think a sizeable portion of the NHL would choose Stutzle as he has higher end skill than Byfield. What he lacks is the size of a true #1 C...but you could make a good argument that as a prospect, Byfield is riskier.

Anyway, my point was that LA fans should cool off and understand that realistically, EITHER of these players could be leaps better than the other 5 years from now and neither team should be upset with whatever their team picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad