Player Discussion Stuart Skinner

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
I was harping on him for his awful playoff numbers but he stole that clinching game for the boyz and has been solid as of late. Cant ask for much more from him right now. Just gotta get 4 more wins under his belt!

Reactions: yukoner88

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Deliverance.

From playoff question mark and team vulnerability to a prime reason for winning a Conference Final playoff series. Skinner outduelled the pedigree Oettinger while getting better as the series went along. Team defense and an incredible PK have come together massively to help support their young goaltender. However Skinner has held up to the mental pressure required of this position. Impressive reset.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I’m not sold on him yet, but he played a good series against Dallas. Will be interesting to see how he does on the biggest stage of his career

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Goes both ways, bud. I've never said Skinner was a great goalie, and he's had plenty of bad moments. But some of the shit on here by some posters gets personal, and that kind of crap is surely not needed. He's not even supposed to be playing. This is supposed to be Campbells spot. But he is what we have and we sink or swim with him, so I choose to look at some positivity, rather than all the negativity that gets spouted on here by some posters. That isn't to say he gets a free pass, just that there are plenty of other things that go on in a game as well that can affect the outcome.
You have a lot of nerve trying to inject a balanced and reasoned take in here. ;)

Seriously...I couldnt agree more.

I think that we are watching the evolution of a goalie in pressure situations. Not ideal by any means because this is absolujtely not how a goalie should be developed.
To Skinners credit he is handling the pressure and expectations about as well as he possibly could.
Its been a bumby ride for him because of how poorly Holland has handled this situation (forcing Skinner into situations he wasnt ready for) but it is a pleasure to watch him persevere.

Last edited:

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country
You owned it, so no problem and all good. :thumbu:Time for us all to get behind all the players and cheer them on to the cup!

He did warrant criticism at the beginning, and we should hold players accountable for poor performances, but he's also redeemed himself tenfold and bailed us out when it mattered most in an awe-inspiring fashion. It's a great story.

I wouldn't have been so pissed at his performance if I was rooting against him, I just didn't have confidence in him (to say the least) and was afraid he was going to ruin it all for us. Instead, he did the complete opposite of that and saved our bacon. And after that performance and his other great games in the series, he has all of my confidence.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Can you imagine if Campbell was good? It would have fixed a lot about Skinner. Pickard is a good backup but Skinner would be an elite 1B. But, Skinner still has it to be a great 1A if he continues to develop, and has longer hot streaks and shorter cold spells

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
One small but neat thing that kind of caught my eye was Marchment giving Knob a big toothy grin and some words of encouragement in the handshake line.

It says a lot about the coach when a guy that played for him ten years ago gives him that kind of treatment despite just having suffered presumably the biggest disappointment of his playing career.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One small but neat thing that kind of caught my eye was Marchment giving Knob a big toothy grin and some words of encouragement in the handshake line.

It says a lot about the coach when a guy that played for him ten years ago gives him that kind of treatment despite just having suffered presumably the biggest disappointment of his playing career.
I caught that too. Think a lot of it though is some of these coaches are somewhat like 2nd fathers to these kids in Junior.

Good to see either way that there is that mutual respect still

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
5 of 6 Quality Starts in the Conference Finals. Best GSAx of all 4 goalies in the Conference Finals (about double what Bobrovsky had in his conference final). 1.81 GAA since he sat for Pickard, best of any goalie in the playoffs.

I said after Game 6 in Van that that night could be huge for Skinners confidence and we could see a sharp as f*** Skinner moving forward. Same Skinner we saw when he broke Fuhr’s record. I think we saw that in the Dallas series.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Deliverance.

From playoff question mark and team vulnerability to a prime reason for winning a Conference Final playoff series. Skinner outduelled the pedigree Oettinger while getting better as the series went along. Team defense and an incredible PK have come together massively to help support their young goaltender. However Skinner has held up to the mental pressure required of this position. Impressive reset.

Didn't that kid grow up to be President? :sarcasm:

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Oilers are dominating but they’re getting a % 0.600 save percentage. Classic.

If they had a good goalie, they would have already won it. They could win but it’ll be in spite of Skinner, not because. What a dog shit goalie

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Oilers are dominating but they’re getting a % 0.600 save percentage. Classic.

If they had a good goalie, they would have already won it. They could win but it’ll be in spite of Skinner, not because. What a dog shit goalie
I'm pretty hard on goalies but you'd have to be a delusional hater to blame the goalie for a loss where the team didn't score a goal. He had no chance on either goal.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I'm pretty hard on goalies but you'd have to be a delusional hater to blame the goalie for a loss where the team didn't score a goal. He had no chance on either goal.
He could've stopped the first one.
2nd one was point blank top corner and 0% his fault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad