WC: 2026 Ice Hockey World Championships - Environmental Inpact Survey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SimonR

Sep 13, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on my diploma thesis concerning the reduction of the environmental impact of the upcoming 2026 Ice Hockey World Championship, which will take place in Switzerland, in Zürich and Fribourg.

In order to better understand the habits, preferences, and ecological awareness of spectators at such events, I invite you to participate in an anonymous survey. Your responses will be invaluable in helping me analyze spectator behaviors and explore sustainable solutions for sporting events.

It will only take a few minutes, and your answers will be completely anonymous.

Thank you in advance for your participation! 🙏

Click here to participate in the survey

• Wow
Reactions: Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
"Ecological awareness" is a luxury for the rich, I'm afraid. So, exactly the thing one would associate with a country like Switzerland.

Good luck with your thesis, anyway, and I filled out the questionnaire.

(Won't be attending the tournament in person, have only attended domestic ones, and if I attended one abroad, it would likely be one in a more affordable location than Switzerland. I'm afraid "environmental awareness" would have zero importance in the minds of my compatriots when deciding whether to attend an event or not.)

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Not if I fire up my 7-foot TV screen to watch the games, eh, while eating lots of hamburgers? :laugh:

(Speaking figuratively – my TV screen is a lot smaller, and I hate hamburgers. But I knew a Swiss guy here in Slovakia who was completely desperate & was pulling his hair out over how dismissive, even contemptuous typical Slovaks are towards environmental concerns. But that's just the way it is: if you're struggling to make ends meet on a monthly basis, ecology will be the last thing on your mind.)

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Not if I fire up my 7-foot TV screen to watch the games, eh, while eating lots of hamburgers? :laugh:

(Speaking figuratively – my TV screen is a lot smaller, and I hate hamburgers. But I knew a Swiss guy here in Slovakia who was completely desperate & was pulling his hair out over how dismissive, even contemptuous typical Slovaks are towards environmental concerns. But that's just the way it is: if you're struggling to make ends meet on a monthly basis, ecology will be the last thing on your mind.)
Hamburgers are yummy in my czech tummy

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Hamburgers are yummy in my czech tummy

Czech tummies don't give a damn about ecology, either, so that's understandable.

Is swilling beer round the clock eco-friendly or not? 🤔 If not, Switzerland would do well to discourage Czech fans from visiting, or otherwise the OP's diploma thesis will turn out to be a futile exercise in unsustainable theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad