Half-Assed GDT: STL @ DAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I still have my reservations regarding what this team can accomplish.

However, I'm sure of one thing and that we as a fanbase need to start putting the Buchnevich trade in the same category as the O'Reilly trade. Buch has been on another planet in terms of overall play. He has fantastic underlying numbers while making every line he's been on better. And what's better is that it's translating on the ice at a ridiculous rate. The guy's GF/60 is 3.47 while his GA/60 is 1.16! Those are video game numbers. I doubt he can maintain a 75% GF rate. But hot damn, that trade was bad for NY on day one and has only gotten worse. Especially with Zibanejad looking more and more like a beneficiary of Buch as opposed to the opposite.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Barbashev has been so impressive this year. Hopefully he's not pricing himself out of an extension!
I'm sure that he and Army will be able to come to an agreement. Barby is too valuable a player (much more than the statistics show, and he'll want to stay with his buddies and go for The Cup in this new window).

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

However, I'm sure of one thing and that we as a fanbase need to start putting the Buchnevich trade in the same category as the O'Reilly trade. Buch has been on another planet in terms of overall play. He has fantastic underlying numbers while making every line he's been on better. And what's better is that it's translating on the ice at a ridiculous rate. The guy's GF/60 is 3.47 while his GA/60 is 1.16! Those are video game numbers. I doubt he can maintain a 75% GF rate. But hot damn, that trade was bad for NY on day one and has only gotten worse. Especially with Zibanejad looking more and more like a beneficiary of Buch as opposed to the opposite.

He's our best player without question right now.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
We always look to blame D, but forwards are usually ones most at fault when we allow goals.
This is often true.

Bozak did the responsible thing by coming back to help when Mikkola was deep.

Niko was racing back, but Bozak was already high enough, like he is supposed to be when a D pinches.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
This game really worried me tonight because we usually have a tough time against Dallas. It was super tight for most of the game, but the Blues came out jumping first and it's a bit disappointing Krug didn't hold the line on the Peca goal. Would've really liked Torp to get his first point in his first game after looking pretty effective out there. Faulk looked really good for a guy coming off covid, and apparently Parayko looked amazing? JR and Pang were saying how great he has been, but I know that's not the truth so I figured you guys could let me know on that front. Lindgren has been unbelievable and probably could've gotten the shutout if it weren't for Saad's misplays. Everyone generally seemed to be on their assignments, but on more than one occasion Saad just didn't get the puck out of the zone. Super frustrating because he's a decently fast guy and a vet here. Russians played great again, defense was solid, pp converted twice; I'd say this was as good of a game as they've played in a long time (dismissing games where we were short a player or mainly an AHL team).

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
he can play ...i dont get how he is our 5th string .. he could back up any team let alone start for a few
Let's pump the brakes here. He has had a great week, but he hasn't had a save percentage above .900 since 2018 in either NHL or AHL until this year. Maybe this is his new level. Or maybe he is on a hot streak and we should ride it but not expect it to last much longer.

Last edited:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Let's pump the breaks here. He has had a great week, but he hasn't had a save percentage above .900 since 2018 in either NHL or AHL until this year. Maybe this is his new level. Or maybe he is on a hot streak and we should ride it but not expect it to last much longer.
To be fair to Lindgren, he's been on some pretty pathetic teams since turning pro. The Canadiens have only ever made the playoffs once while he was a backup, and that was a round robin playoff berth. Laval Rocket were also extremely terrible while he was down in the AHL, never finishing higher than 6th in their division. Most of the goalies in that organization have played mediocre when looking at sv% and gaa. On a few occasions, someone goes on a run for like 10 ish games and has a really good gaa. This seems like another Brian Elliott situation where Lindgren performs super well when he has a competent team to back him up. Obviously isn't going to out duel Price 9/10 times one on one, but he could definitely hold his own if it were the Canadiens playing the Blues. I think he's somewhere in the middle of his career stats, probably close to a .912-.915 sv% and 2.6-2.8 gaa kind of guy. Definitely a serviceable backup but not quite a starter.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I said it the other day but these are fantastic days to be a Blues fan. So excited about today, tomorrow and the future and we're playing at half-strength!

You're absolutely right. All of the injuries suck, but it might have indirectly provided a spark in this team. They are playing for each other, working hard at both ends of the ice and we're developing the kind of chemistry a team needs to be a contender. It's gotten to the point where it doesn't really matter who is playing. Very fun to watch!

While our prospect pool is thin on high-end talent, it's clear that our AHL team was loaded with smart, hard-working responsible players. Whether it's scouting or coaching, they are doing something right regarding player development. So impressed with these guys right now.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

I am so glad to hear it. Buch is by now my favorite example of how you handle development(as a player first and foremost). He constantly grew from a talented guy with weak spots in his game and a lot of question marks about, skating, shot and so on to a player you describe.

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

This is me looking for guys who said his contract was an overpayment.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Let's pump the brakes here. He has had a great week, but he hasn't had a save percentage above .900 since 2018 in either NHL or AHL until this year. Maybe this is his new level. Or maybe he is on a hot streak and we should ride it but not expect it to last much longer.
i think we all know binny and husso will get their spots back ... but its impressive to see imo

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
gasp ... you think lindy is coming for his spot ? ... i value husso just as much as binny at this point

Given the high quality of netminding we’re getting and the sudden abundance of options, unless something goes south, Husso is the odd man out. That can easily change.

I think Binny/Lindy is an epic tandem waiting to happen.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Given the high quality of netminding we’re getting and the sudden abundance of options, unless something goes south, Husso is the odd man out. That can easily change.

I think Binny/Lindy is an epic tandem waiting to happen.
no * * * * ing way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad