Half-Assed GDT: STL @ DAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
I joke sometimes about not knowing the names of some of the players on the Blues at the beginning of the season, but in reality I know them all. But now, I literally don't know some of these guys at all. It just doesn't seem to matter, they keep accumulating points and winning a lot of games.

No point in complaining that the Blues didn't get shut down due to Covid. (The real mistake was not putting Perron on LTIR immediately.) If they're going to win games anyway, let's keep playing!
I know!!

I was looking at the Avs lineup a few games ago and didn't recognize almost half the team.

For the Blues, Peca is producing good shifts. All we need from him are responsible shifts.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don’t think it’s too much of an exaggeration to say that that was one of the most complete defensive performances we’ve had in the COVID era. Parayko and Faulk were absolutely incredible tonight.
I hope that Parayko is back to normal healthwise, and THAT was why he played his hardest with confidence that he wouldn't re-injure himself, rather than his bold play coming from just high adrenaline, with him going all-in because The Blues being shorthanded need all the help they can get. Either way, it was nice to see.

Last edited:

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
When the Springfield folks were saying that him and Scotty P had been the MVP’s of their season, I believe it now. I did not expect Lindgren to have this kind of impact so far.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
The thing is, Perunovich only needs playing time from a conditioning point of view. He's already too good for the AHL but also doesn't play the right style we need him to unless Krug can't play.
I just don't think trading Peru would be the best Option. If we trade him and Krug goes down we don't have anyone who can run a PP. Maybe Faulk, but that didn't go well while Krug was out with Covid. Walman just isn't creative enough to run it either.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I joke sometimes about not knowing the names of some of the players on the Blues at the beginning of the season, but in reality I know them all. But now, I literally don't know some of these guys at all. It just doesn't seem to matter, they keep accumulating points and winning a lot of games.

No point in complaining that the Blues didn't get shut down due to Covid. (The real mistake was not putting Perron on LTIR immediately.) If they're going to win games anyway, let's keep playing!
Absolutely correct! It will be a double win, as all these seemingly NHL ready players get the added NHL experience, plus time playing together with linemates, shiftmates and other teammates, they will be ready to help The Blues later in the season, when injuries occur, and the older players need more rest, and will help give the team more quality depth than most, or all the teams they'll face during the playoff stretch, and the playoffs. In addition, they are auditioning for playing in The NHL for other teams, which will allow the possibility of one or two of them to be traded in a package for a high-quality LD before the deadline, should The Blues choose to go that way. It will be a bigger bonus for The Blues than it might look, on the surface.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Not yet. But, I think he's already giving Husso a good scare.
he might be scaring both of them (binny needs to focus ) we have played just as good with husso in nets ...and now (freaking a right) is carrying the load .... small sample size i know ... but we all have seen binnys story

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
he might be scaring both of them (binny needs to focus ) we have played just as good with husso in nets ...and now (freaking a right) is carrying the load .... small sample size i know ... but we all know
binnys story
I'll have to admit that Lindgren's fundamentals and positioning look good. He's greAt at sending rebounds off to the side, and pouncing on loose pucks in front. I could see him giving Binnington a battle next season, if he first beats out Husso, for The back-up job. Along with Hofer, The Blues are 4-deep in Good-looking goaltenders. One of them might be traded off in a package for a relatively high-quality LD later this season.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
I'll have to admit that Lindgren's fundamentals and positioning look good. He's greAt at sending rebounds off to the side, and pouncing on loose pucks in front. I could see him giving Binnington a battle next season, if he first beats out Husso, for The back-up job. Along with Hofer, The Blues are 4-deep in Good-looking goaltenders. One of them might be traded off in a package for a relatively high-quality LD later this season.

i could really see us maybe trading binny or husso (i doubt) for what you just stated ... some of the best goalies in the nhl have worn the blue note at one time or another and they still got moved

army is a mad genius .....

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I said it the other day but these are fantastic days to be a Blues fan. So excited about today, tomorrow and the future and we're playing at half-strength!
Absolutely great-looking future (IF Tarasenko isn't given away for almost nothing). The Blues' supposedly weak prospect pool has been developing nicely over the last few years. Maybe their having too many mid-level prospects can help a lot, by pooling their talent in package trades for higher-level, more skilled, young players to make up for the current lack of them?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Buch is now up to 25 points in 27 games and is tied for 1st on the team in points.

Oh, and Tarasenko has 25 points in 28 games. Kyrou, Buch, Tarasenko all tied in points.
If I were Tarasenko, seeing this upward swing in this team's fortunes, with a lot of good-looking young talent helping them win, and my own pre-injury game coming back, I'd think long and hard about junking the idea of wanting to leave. I'd want to stay and be part of the team's efforts to win The Cup a time or two more in this seemingly new window opening.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Absolutely great-looking future (IF Tarasenko isn't given away for almost nothing). The Blues' supposedly weak prospect pool has been developing nicely over the last few years. Maybe their having too many mid-level prospects can help a lot, by pooling their talent in package trades for higher-level, more skilled, young players to make up for the current lack of them?
we have depth in spades ... vova should know he can help with such a influx of talent from his own country .... why leave now ?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Barbashev has been so impressive this year. Hopefully he's not pricing himself out of an extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad