Blue Jays Discussion: Steve Pearce: comeback machine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Hard to imagine they'd get much of anything for Pearce given the awful return for JD Martinez and apparent lack of interest in Jay Bruce.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Hard to imagine they'd get much of anything for Pearce given the awful return for JD Martinez and apparent lack of interest in Jay Bruce.

My ideal would be to eat some money on Morales and move him and Liriano to Kc. Free up the DH spot for Pearce so he only has to play the field occasionally.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What really is it about certain guys that keep getting hurt? Whether it's fluke injuries or chronic ailments. Guys like Tulo and Lupul come to mind. They keep getting injured. It's strange.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
My ideal would be to eat some money on Morales and move him and Liriano to Kc. Free up the DH spot for Pearce so he only has to play the field occasionally.

Morales to KC makes a lot of sense if the Jays eat some of the salary,for sure. They're familiar with him, their DH spot has been a disaster, and everyone remotely useful is a free agent after the season, so it would help to have a solid, relatively cheap bat for the next couple years.

I think the Jays are better off hoping he can keep turning things around and increase his value before they move him, but the Royals may be interested in giving up something decent since they know things are gonna be rough in 2018.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
New York Mets acquire RHP AJ Ramos from Miami Marlins for RHP Merandy Gonzalez, OF Ricardo Cespedes.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
The Phillies are trying to make sure they have the biggest international pool to offer Otani, aren't they?

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
The Phillies are trying to make sure they have the biggest international pool to offer Otani, aren't they?

That's an interesting thought. There's been speculation for awhile that they've been itching to flex their financial muscle in some way.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
But but but...they need a starter to "finish out the season."

If it weren't for the international pool money it would be meh. Although I don't know why they never gave Kim more of a shot - dude can get on base.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Looking back, I am now a little pissed at Alex for making that Tulo deal. If he knew that he definitely will not be sticking around after 2015 then that makes that move even worse. Alex knew that he won't need to deal with his contract beyond 2015. Admittedly, yes, I was excited after acquiring him, but definitely weary about his injury history and decline. Was a bad move.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Looking back, I am now a little pissed at Alex for making that Tulo deal. If he knew that he definitely will not be sticking around after 2015 then that makes that move even worse. Alex knew that he won't need to deal with his contract beyond 2015. Admittedly, yes, I was excited after acquiring him, but definitely weary about his injury history and decline. Was a bad move.

2 years later and all AA's deals except Donaldson kinda stink

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Helped with the 2015 and 2016 runs. Also got rid of Reyes. Right now though Tulo is pretty much a waste. Hard to get SS and the Jays needed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad