Stephen Weiss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Weiss is given the bare opportunity to perform and generally succeeds. He is never given more of an opportunity yet Glendening gets offensive zone faceoffs for some reason.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Weiss is playing like he's supposed to and more. He isn't perfect but who on our team is right now? He's producing more than most guys in less minutes.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
if weiss is benched for jurco or andersson then its a deliberate attempt to lose as he does more to help the team win then either of those two players

its literally that black and white

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think "complete disaster" is an exaggeration.

For someone that makes 5 million dollars Im pretty sure the phrase "complete disaster" perfectly describes the way Stephan Weiss has played in all areas of the game unless he is below the hashmarks in the O-ZONE. the guy can't even center a third line in the NHL....

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
For someone that makes 5 million dollars Im pretty sure the phrase "complete disaster" perfectly describes the way Stephan Weiss has played in all areas of the game unless he is below the hashmarks in the O-ZONE. the guy can't even center a third line in the NHL....

I think you don't fully understand the difference between "can't" and "doesn't".

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Right, because not getting the opportunity is completely on Weiss. I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the guy who chooses who plays and where. Jesus Christ posts like this are why I avoid some of these threads. Just a ridiculous amount of ignorance.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

His salary doesn't matter right now. What matters is whether or not the team is better with him in the lineup. Weiss hasn't been a complete disaster in any aspect of the game recently. You're blinded by your hatred.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
His salary doesn't matter right now. What matters is whether or not the team is better with him in the lineup. Weiss hasn't been a complete disaster in any aspect of the game recently. You're blinded by your hatred.

Three huge turnovers on the Powerplay today. Looked pretty bad. And if u read my other posts I don't hate the guy. Im just saying he is useless unless he is in the o zone. This is completely true so I have no idea what ur guys issue is.

I think you don't fully understand the difference between "can't" and "doesn't".

I have a life and stuff to do. I don't have time to spend on my grammer. I type it out quick on my phone. Thanks so much tho.

Babs doesn't use Weiss at center for a reason and If any of you think your smarter then Babs at hockey maybe you guys should get you head checked.
There is a reason Stephan Weiss doesn't get regular playing time. There is a reason Weiss gets scratched all the time. And there is a reason Weiss just flat out sucks if he's not camped in front of the opposing teams goalie.

Last edited by a moderator:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
He's really ****ing bad playing the point on the PP. That he is still being used in that role is dumbfounding.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
Looking at the game he had in Florida, he just doesn't shoot or skate like he did. Either this is the result of injuries and age hobbling him, or the Red Wings system just doesn't support his style of play (kind of like Gomez in NYR).

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I have a life and stuff to do. I don't have time to spend on my grammer. I type it out quick on my phone. Thanks so much tho.

Babs doesn't use Weiss at center for a reason and If any of you think your smarter then Babs at hockey maybe you guys should get you head checked.
There is a reason Stephan Weiss doesn't get regular playing time. There is a reason Weiss gets scratched all the time. And there is a reason Weiss just flat out sucks if he's not camped in front of the opposing teams goalie.

Coaches are human beings that do make mistakes and do make poor decisions. They are not infallible.

I think there is a term for what you are trying to do here, but I can't quite place it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

My point had nothing to do with your grammar.

Why would you even bother posting on discussion boards if you're going to go with the old "somebody smarter than me made that decision, therefore it must be the right one"

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I'm not ready to say that Weiss was a 5+ million dollar waste of capspace, but he really needs to get on a production streak, even if it is through assists or through garbage goals. Every time he misses a wide open net or gets beat by the goalie, you can see him look to the heavens with the same damn forlorn expression every time. It's turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy for him, and that's why he needs to ditch his snakebite ASAP, by hook or by crook.

SoupNazi

Gee Wally/SoupNazi 2024
Feb 6, 2010

Since Babs is so much smarter than all of us, there must certainly have been a reason the infallible coach kept using Dan Cleary regularly, long after his expiration date, eh?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I'm not ready to say that Weiss was a 5+ million dollar waste of capspace, but he really needs to get on a production streak, even if it is through assists or through garbage goals. Every time he misses a wide open net or gets beat by the goalie, you can see him look to the heavens with the same damn forlorn expression every time. It's turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy for him, and that's why he needs to ditch his snakebite ASAP, by hook or by crook.

I just demonstrated that he's more productive than all but 3 red wings this season. He is not snakebitten.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
there must certainly have been a reason the infallible coach kept using Dan Cleary regularly, long after his expiration date, eh?

Never shall we forget...

"There's no bigger fan of Dan Cleary than Mike Babcock."
-Mike Babcock

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
I just demonstrated that he's more productive than all but 3 red wings this season. He is not snakebitten.

Sample size, much? He's been snakebitten since his injury shortly after signing, and Babcock burying him in icetime hasn't helped his confidence or his momentum whatsoever. I'd contend that Weiss could be much more of a team catalyst with his play if he could only build up confidence and some momentum.

Last edited:

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
Speculation...but honest question.

Say Weiss hasn't exactly been forthcoming with the team or has given Babcock and management trouble behind the scenes.

Regardless of his production, wouldn't his lack of ice time be justified in such a scenario?

Wonder if there is something similar to the Ian White situation.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Sample size, much? He's been snakebitten since his injury shortly after signing, and Babcock burying him in icetime hasn't helped his confidence or his momentum whatsoever. I'd contend that Weiss could be much more of a team catalyst with his play if he could only build up confidence and some momentum.

The sample size in the image in my avatar is the entire current season.

It's not my fault that that adds up to less time than it takes to watch The Hobbit.

Over the course of an entire season, he has been more productive than every single Red Wing not named Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Tatar. And the only one who's significantly higher is Datsyuk.

And this while being tied at the hip to Joakim "7 points in 65 games" Andersson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad