Movies: Star Wars: Episode VIII THE LAST JEDI (NO SPOILERS - Use the other thread for spoilers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I really liked the trailer. My only complaint is giving away a major plot point, unless that was cut to mislead on purpose. Other than that, everything looked pretty cool.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm still going with Mexican standoff cliffhanger to end the movie between Rey, Luke and Kylo.

Dugray

No Gifs This Time
Nov 22, 2006
Longueuil
http://mashable.com/2017/10/09/last-jedi-full-trailer-analysis/?utm_cid=a-seealso#jsPPdTC.Lkqc

DLv4kKDWAAEBpDP.jpg

Gotta get our race baiting quota filled up in our articles.

Reactions: SpoolCat

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
If Rey went dark side and made Luke the main hero again that would be so sweeeeet.

But no way Rey is going dark side

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
good trailer. Kylo has been the best thing about PT in my opinion

I dont think Luke's lines were a fakeout. It does seem like he was referring to Kylo. about not being afraid of it last time when he should have been

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
If Rey went evil and Kylo went back to being good, that would be awesome. It almost certainly won't happen, Rey is a goldmine for Disney.
Kylo and Rey fighting both Luke and Snoke as two extremes for some sort of balance, could be cool too

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
This trailer got me a lot more hyped than the previous one. Movie is looking pretty good.

I hope Finn ends up being the main hero in the end.

Also I can't stand that anything pop-culture related these days also comes with a requisite serving of "woke" internet racist takes.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This trailer got me a lot more hyped than the previous one. Movie is looking pretty good.

I hope Finn ends up being the main hero in the end.

Also I can't stand that anything pop-culture related these days also comes with a requisite serving of "woke" internet racist takes.
Or sexism. Blade Runner 2049 drew heat for showing sex workers and Ana De Armas' character starting the movie off in a kind of "homewife" role. Like...sex workers exist. Some women prefer that role. Not everything ever shown in art celebrates or enables problematic societal issues. If anything showing sex workers in a not too distant future is a statement on our present society more than it has anything to do with empowering patriarchy. I'm all for equality in all respects but people who reach for any reason to be outraged about something trivialize real causes and movements.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not even a Star Wars superfan and I'm hype for it. Adam Driver is so awesome.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think the Rey/Kylo thing at the end is a bit of a fakeout. Rey is the Luke of this trilogy and I just don't see her going dark. She may be tempted, just as Luke was, but ultimately she's still the "good guy" here.

I could see her being as headstrong as Luke was and thinking she can play Kylo into getting her to Snoke, but Luke, having been through some shit knows better ("This won't go how you think it will"). I think he changes his mind about Rey in the end though and agrees to train/help her.

It would be kind of cool if the movie ends with Luke igniting his lightsaber and taking up the mantle of the last of the Jedi again.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It's fun, but I'd like to point out that you guys are wasting your time with trying to figure out the story. We all did it before TFA and we were pretty much all wrong about everything.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Yes, it seems a little strange. It does not seem to be a very practical design or very inspired. I personally think WETA should be given all the money in the world for the production aspect of these movies but I'm not Disney.

The ATAT is an impractical design to begin with.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yes, it seems a little strange. It does not seem to be a very practical design or very inspired. I personally think WETA should be given all the money in the world for the production aspect of these movies but I'm not Disney.
The ATAT is an impractical design to begin with.

Yeah, I was gonna say the gorilla walkers are probably much more practical than "normal" AT-ATs. At least with the gorilla walkers they can move more than one leg at a time and the redesigned forward legs should enable a much wider range of terrain options. The design is definitely "better" from a functionality standpoint. But aesthetically it definitely misses the mark for Star Wars/The Empire. It just looks so out of place.

NameInUse

Sep 27, 2017
Considering Rey wasn't supposed to be a major part of the original script for episode 8, I'm thinking a storyline about Palpatine's grand-daughter eventually becoming the big bad for episode 9 ended up getting neutered when they reworked the script. Now I believe they'll just tease us with it, but keep her on the good side until the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad