Movies: Star Wars: Episode VIII THE LAST JEDI (NO SPOILERS - Use the other thread for spoilers)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
trailer is pretty bad. Not digging Hamil's acting.

But yo what the f*** at that ending

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
trailer is pretty bad. Not digging Hamil's acting.

But yo what the **** at that ending

Wouldn’t say the trailer is bad, just makes you question Hamil’s acting a little. But I didn’t expect it to be very good anyway because I never thought he was that great. For what the trailer was meant to accomplish, I thought it was close to as good as you’re going to get.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Interesting decision to highlight that scene. I don't mind it's inclusion, but I wonder if some would have preferred otherwise. It better be flawless in its execution now.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Wouldn’t say the trailer is bad, just makes you question Hamil’s acting a little. But I didn’t expect it to be very good anyway because I never thought he was that great. For what the trailer was meant to accomplish, I thought it was close to as good as you’re going to get.

Had the same thought at Hamil's part.... cringed a bit. Looks like Chewy replaced Han with a gerbil and Kylo maybe turning good. hmmmm

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So Rey shows signs of being as powerful as Kylo and it scares Luke.

Kylo and Rey teaming up was something I was certain was going to happen eventually.

We will get to find out what made Kylo turn to the dark side and I am willing to bet it involves Luke doing something pretty underhanded.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The ending is obviously a marketing conceit. Rey could just as easily chop his arm off a second later or that conversation isn't even playing out as implied. I really dislike the fakeouts.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The ending is obviously a marketing conceit. Rey could just as easily chop his arm off a second later or that conversation isn't even playing out as implied. I really dislike the fakeouts.

I don't think Rey is going to go dark side but I do think she's going to team up with Kylo.

Maybe to fight against Snoke? Maybe against Luke who has gone off the deep end?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Snoke is talking to Rey in the beginning.
Kylo can't gun down his mom and starts heading back to the light.
Luke turns his back on training Rey.
Rey/Ben join forces to fight Snoke.
Rey gets captured by Snoke, starts to give in to the dark side.
Ben has to go to Luke and convince him to help save Rey.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm wondering that too. Either she's genuinely considering giving into the dark side (the novelization hints at this) or she's playing Kylo to maybe get close to Snoke...or try to turn Kylo.

I think it's possible to not be a fakeout. Maybe Rey is genuinely considering going to the dark side if Luke turns her away. Maybe Leia dying will give her the kick she needs to fight against the dark side...idk.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I did watch this one theory that seemed pretty intriguing and could give Kylo a platform to turn on Snoke. The guy believes it is a confirmed detail about Snoke so I'll keep it in spoiler tags for everyone just in case it's right.

So I guess Snoke subsists himself on the force energy of others, so his plan may be to consume both Rey and Kylo. This is alluded to in Han's death scene when he tells Kylo that Snoke will get what he wants from Kylo and then crush him. There was a moment where the theory spoils his actual identity but I was multitasking while I watched the video so I don't remember what it was. Will revisit later.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Also if Kylo and Rey are similar in strength, as the trailer implies, it's tough not to draw the conclusion that they are somehow related...but I didn't get any impression that Rey is Luke's kid from that trailer.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Also if Kylo and Rey are similar in strength, as the trailer implies, it's tough not to draw the conclusion that they are somehow related...but I didn't get any impression that Rey is Luke's kid from that trailer.

She better be a Kenobi or a Palpatine. Anything else would be boring as hell. The "I wasn't nearly scared enough of that power then" could be a reference to the Emperor when Luke foolishly tried to fight him in RotJ, making her a Palpatine. That would be fun. Another kid in the Skywalker lineage would be awful.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
It would be pretty cool if they pulled the old switcheroo and had Rey turn to the dark side. Daisy Ridley/Rey is too big of a marketing character though, so they would never do that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
She better be a Kenobi or a Palpatine. Anything else would be boring as hell. The "I wasn't nearly scared enough of that power then" could be a reference to the Emperor when Luke foolishly tried to fight him in RotJ, making her a Palpatine. That would be fun. Another kid in the Skywalker lineage would be awful.
I watched a theory that I scoffed at...I'll put it in tags again but it does draw from a prequel element

There was a theory that Rey was born Anakin Skywalker style. No father. The force created her, she is a manifestation of the same force energy that created Darth Vader...I thought it was pretty stupid. But it doesn't sound as stupid anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad