Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I grew up in south central Nebraska, and never had to do this once. He'll, my wife (lived in a different town 10 miles east of my hometown) rode home on her bike from school once with a tornado just north of town. She could see it.

Wind and hail were the bigger worries.
One of my most vivid childhood memories we had to go all around Nebraska for a specific couch. We lived outside North Platte and ended up in Nebraska City. Skipping over details on the drive back around Lexington a tornado warning sounds. My Dad gunned it to get from Lexington to west of North Platte in probably 20 minutes (also probably exaggerating). As we pull down the rural road next to our farmhouse, a big tornado is very clear and heading straight for us (those that don’t know, if a tornado doesn’t look like it is moving, it is coming towards you). We flew into the driveway, my mom is screaming at us to move in the couch prior to taking shelter. Tornado couldn’t have been more than a couple miles away, you could hear the roar. We scramble to move the couch in, in the process tearing a 3-4” hole in the side. Take shelter, tornado passes… it tore down a shed maybe 100’ from the house. For the next 10 years, not a week went by without being reminded that we tore the ‘nice’ couch.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Glad to see all the other announcer comments.

Seriously so bad. No emotion or passion. “And that’s a goal..”

No idea why they have Sean doing these games when then have Bob who is much better.
Must be in his contract that he gets the SCF. Otherwise this decision cannot be justified. I'll taking f***ing Arda Ocal over this loser. Thank god I have Sportsnet and Chris Cuthbert.

Reactions: Bender

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers out-chanced them 35-16 but high danger only 11-10.

xGF was 4.17-3.39 Edmonton. Once again Bob plays better than expected and Skinner worse.

The Oilers NEED to use whatever assets necessary to ship Nurse somewhere this Summer. He has been outplayed by Broberg since the Dallas series, it's time to both play Broberg top four minutes and rid yoursef from one of the worst defensemen in the league.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
One of my most vivid childhood memories we had to go all around Nebraska for a specific couch. We lived outside North Platte and ended up in Nebraska City. Skipping over details on the drive back around Lexington a tornado warning sounds. My Dad gunned it to get from Lexington to west of North Platte in probably 20 minutes (also probably exaggerating). As we pull down the rural road next to our farmhouse, a big tornado is very clear and heading straight for us (those that don’t know, if a tornado doesn’t look like it is moving, it is coming towards you). We flew into the driveway, my mom is screaming at us to move in the couch prior to taking shelter. Tornado couldn’t have been more than a couple miles away, you could hear the roar. We scramble to move the couch in, in the process tearing a 3-4” hole in the side. Take shelter, tornado passes… it tore down a shed maybe 100’ from the house. For the next 10 years, not a week went by without being reminded that we tore the ‘nice’ couch.
I love the way that nature can remind us just how truly small and insignificant we are.

Central and west Texas used to get electrical storms all the time when I was a kid. Thunder so close it rattles the windows and your chest. Lightning so strong you can smell the ozone and hits so close you smell the sulfur. It turns the darkest night into broad daylight. Then the storm passes and the silence is so profound. It would almost make feel like I wasn't supposed to be there anymore, as if I had become an intruder.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He is the defenceman version of Nuke as a reclamation project.
Crazy how not one, not two, but THREE organizations missed on him.

Forsling is a huge reason why I believe development from organizations isn't something that leads to success. It can help, sure, but if a player is destined to make the NHL then at some point, they will make it regardless of the organization.

Reactions: jabubenice

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Top five personality in the NHL. I freakin' love this bloke!

Forsling is a huge reason why I believe development from organizations isn't something that leads to success. It can help, sure, but if a player is destined to make the NHL then at some point, they will make it regardless of the organization.
Agreed.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So he likes hookers and cocaine?
He's Swedish, so he's addicted to ABBA's greatest hits album and herrings.

They aren't moving that contract unless they retain 50% and I don't see it happening.
Nurse is obviously playing injured but they have nobody else so they're stuck with a below-average defensive core with one of their only calibre top 4 defencemen playing injured.

Reactions: the_fan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Yeah it is kinda insane those orgs didn’t see it. He played okay in Chicago but was never really good. Carolina he never got a chance with their depth. Florid he took off. My pet theory is he’s not really your ideal shutdown guy. He’s small, not overly physical, his skating is rather meh and looks ugly (he churns his legs so much to just keep up), and the offense is just okay. Nothing screams like he should be as good as he is. But when he’s out there, all that matters is his mind. He’s that ROR style unicorn that’s so smart it outweighs how meh the skill set is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad