Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Wonder how much that fill-up is going to cost?

Screenshot 2024-06-13 182021.png

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Insane in the cap era you can build a cup team that has only 3 drafted players on it.
Actually it might be better because when you draft MacKinnon, McDavid, Mikko, Draisaitl etc…eventually you have to pay them big bucks. Florida building the team through trades and free agency gives them more clarity and control as to what players they want and how much they will spend on them. But their franchise defining trade was the Tkachuk trade

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
I’d have less gray hair if we had a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period vs Tampa in game 6, but we were only up by one and it was a nail biter
To this day, I have less than full liver function thanks to the Avs holding on to that lead.

Reactions: the_fan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Honestly I have fond memories of the sirens and the storms. I don't get anything like it now that I'm in the mountains. Kinda sad my kids will never get to experience them.

Although on the other hand, they'll never have to be stuck at school for 3 hours in the hall like this because a tornado just touched down a few blocks away...

View attachment 882195
I grew up in south central Nebraska, and never had to do this once. Hell, my wife (lived in a different town 10 miles east of my hometown) rode home on her bike from school once with a tornado just north of town. She could see it.

Wind and hail were the bigger worries.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Isn’t this the time for McDavid and Draisaitl to do something? I mean are they even in this game?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
It's pretty crazy how much mountains/hills help. Here in Lincoln we don't get hit nearly as hard by the weather as Omaha just an hour away. They get nailed with everything the Great Plains has to offer, but since we're kinda nestled in a valley it (for the most part) passes right over us.
St. Paul to Grand Island down to Hastings ALWAYS gets hammered.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad