Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This game just got REALLY chippy. Looked like the call was really bad luck on Hossa, then Nashville took a stupid penalty to even it back up. Most likely won't matter, but still stupid.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Versteeg with a Jon Merrill move from a couple weeks ago.

Versteeg is TRASH.

Not that it cost them the game, but that had to be the easiest goal Forsberg has ever scored. Versteeg should get another point in this game. He had a goal for the Hawks and one of the nicest assists of the game for Nashville.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't see Calgary not tying this game in the last 5:49 of regulation.

Now they're getting a power play.

I think Vancouver might need another goal (before the empty net) to win this one in regulation. And they have to kill this penalty first.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I can't see Calgary not tying this game in the last 5:49 of regulation.

Now they're getting a power play.

I think Vancouver might need another goal (before the empty net) to win this one in regulation. And they have to kill this penalty first.
Don Cherry said one day ago he thinks Miller could steal the series.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Shocking.

Calgary only gets one goal on like 22 shots against Ryan Miller?

Well I did predict before the series that the Flames would win in 6, I still think they will.

Can't see Vancouver winning in Calgary.

Though maybe they will and tease us all, then croak at home in game 7.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don Cherry said one day ago he thinks Miller could steal the series.
That doesn't surprise me.

Miller's glory days as a goaltender are almost as far away as Don Cherry's glory days as an analyst.

On second thought though, it's not as ridiculous as I initially thought.

Miller is only one year removed from stealing a playoff series.

He arguably stole the series for the Blackhawks last year against the Blues.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
''Miller made big saves all night to give his team a chance to win''

And we see a highlight of quite possibly the weakest shot to leave a Calgary stick all season long.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Miller's glory days as a goaltender are almost as far away as Don Cherry's glory days as an analyst.

Bleed is ON tonight :laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Never change. I almost broke a rib laughing. :biglaugh:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
JR just told me that Miller was an ''ELITE'' goaltender.

And I just saw the Devils get eliminated and shutout by Brian Boucher LAST NIGHT too.

The last time Miller was an elite goaltender was 2009-2010. That was the ONLY season that Miller was what I'd consider an ELITE goaltender. He had a pretty damn good season easily winning the Vezina and almost taking the USA to a gold medal (maybe if he made that easy save on Crosby)

The last year Ryan Miller was an elite goaltender

Martin Brodeur led the league in wins that season, came in 3rd in Vezina voting, won the Jennings Trophy and the Devils won their LAST division title to date.

Scott Niedermayer still played in the NHL.

Jaroslav Halak had an insane playoff run.

Michael Leighton and Antti Niemi were the starting goaltender in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Jamie Langenbrunner was also an Olympian and teammate of Ryan Miller.

Chico Eats was still a regular segment on Devils broadcasts.

Devils intro music was way cooler than the one ever since and Deb was not on the broadcasts yet.

Pete DeBoer got 32 wins in Florida and had a goatee.

Ryan Miller's younger brother Drew wasn't completely gray yet.

Oil was leaking into the gulf.

Osama Bin Laden was still alive.

California Gurls by Katy Perry was the number 1 single in America on the day that the Stanley Cup Finals ended in the last season Miller was an ''Elite'' goaltender.

Bleedred was with a really ****ing hot lady.

The only time since then that Miller has been elite, was for 40 games with Buffalo in the 13-14 season. Then he came to St Louis and imploded.

Antti Niemi, Jaroslav Halak, Marc Andre Fleury, Jonas Hiller, and a couple other goaltenders that get ripped to shreds by fans and the same media that call Miller ''Elite'', were BETTER than Ryan Miller this season.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
JR just told me that Miller was an ''ELITE'' goaltender.

And I just saw the Devils get eliminated and shutout by Brian Boucher LAST NIGHT too.

The last time Miller was an elite goaltender was 2009-2010. That was the ONLY season that Miller was what I'd consider an ELITE goaltender. He had a pretty damn good season easily winning the Vezina and almost taking the USA to a gold medal (maybe if he made that easy save on Crosby)

The last year Ryan Miller was an elite goaltender

Martin Brodeur led the league in wins that season, came in 3rd in Vezina voting, won the Jennings Trophy and the Devils won their LAST division title to date.

Scott Niedermayer still played in the NHL.

Jaroslav Halak had an insane playoff run.

Michael Leighton and Antti Niemi were the starting goaltender in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Jamie Langenbrunner was also an Olympian and teammate of Ryan Miller.

Chico Eats was still a regular segment on Devils broadcasts.

Devils intro music was way cooler than the one ever since and Deb was not on the broadcasts yet.

Pete DeBoer got 32 wins in Florida and had a goatee.

Ryan Miller's younger brother Drew wasn't completely gray yet.

Oil was leaking into the gulf.

Osama Bin Laden was still alive.

Bleedred was with a really ****ing hot lady.

The only time since then that Miller has been elite, was for 40 games with Buffalo in the 13-14 season. Then he came to St Louis and imploded.

Antti Niemi, Jaroslav Halak, Marc Andre Fleury, Jonas Hiller, and a couple other goaltenders that get ripped to shreds by fans and the same media that call Miller ''Elite'', were BETTER than Ryan Miller this season.

A lot does change in 5 years. Wow.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And Cryan Miller aside, I'm HAPPY that Vancouver won tonight.

I would be a whole lot happier if I actually thought they could win this series though.

I don't think they can.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A lot does change in 5 years. Wow.

Cory Schneider was the starting goaltender for the Manitoba Moose and only played 2 games and 79 minutes of NHL hockey that season.

Adam Henrique was still playing in juniors.

Jon Merrill was drafted that season.

Adam Larsson was 17 years old and in Sweden.

Mattias Tedenby was probably our highest ranked prospect.

Matt Corrente and Tyler Eckford were our best defensive prospects LOL.

Yann ''This was the last time I played in the NHL'' Danis was our backup goaltender.

Damon Severson was 15 years old.

Mark Fraser played SIXTY ONE games for the Devils and scored 3 goals!

Jeff Frazee was supposed to be Marty's successor.

Keith Kinkaid played for Union College.

Ilya Kovalchuk had his last 40 goal season.

Henrik Tallinder was a teammate of Miller's and hadn't even started his AMAZING New Jersey Devils tenure yet.

Ilya Bryzgalov finished SECOND in Vezina voting behind Miller and was also considered one of the league's up and coming goaltenders at the time.

The rest of the top 10 for the Vezina that year is weird to see, considering most of these guys are also pretty much irrelevant now or retired altogether.

1. Miller. 2. Bryzgalov (out of the league) 3. Brodeur (retired) 4. Nabokov (retired) 5. Anderson (a very good goaltender still IMO, though he did have to sit backup to an AHL guy recently) 6. Lundqvist. 7. Rask. 8. Jimmy Howard (sitting backup to a rookie currently) 8. Kiprusoff (retired) 10. Halak. 10. Luongo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad