Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
versteeg and Weiss have had steep declines since the 2012 playoffs.
What? Who?
The Flames will be a pain in the ass to play against even the next round. They have a high compete level and block around 30 shots a game. Also play well in the third period. I hope Vancouver wins a game or two to make the series at least interesting. Will be tough to pull this game for them.

Anaheim is like a more experienced Calgary. That should be insane with lots of momentum swings and almost every other shot being a goal. And 3rd period outbursts like crazy.:laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
This Darling story is fascinating.
Former Nashville farmhand who comes out of nowhere to potentially defeat his former team.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
What? Who?

Anaheim is like a more experienced Calgary. That should be insane with lots of momentum swings and almost every other shot being a goal. And 3rd period outbursts like crazy.:laugh:
I'm curious how many North American born players both teams have. Would be rather high.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Been a great year for goalies that's for sure.

Chicago was smart and extended him early and cheap, too.

If I were a Minnesota or Ottawa fan, I'd worry about my team committing too much money or too much salary on the back end of 4-5 months of hot goaltending.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Chicago was smart and extended him early and cheap, too.

If I were a Minnesota or Ottawa fan, I'd worry about my team committing too much money or too much salary on the back end of 4-5 months of hot goaltending.

Also Rinne and Price have been playing well.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
It's dawning on me that we're nearing the end of the games all night, every night phase of the playoffs. Slowly inching towards nights where we have to watch Milbury and Roenick instead of being able to flip over to a different game.

1st round is always so great, even when the hockey is underwhelming.
Hope we can at least get something like last year when we got 3 game 7s on the same night.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
It's dawning on me that we're nearing the end of the games all night, every night phase of the playoffs. Slowly inching towards nights where we have to watch Milbury and Roenick instead of being able to flip over to a different game.

Hope we can at least get something like last year when we got 3 game 7s on the same night.
You can still watch the Canadian feed if you can't stand Milbury and Roenick.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

You can always turn on Canucks vs Flames.

Flames only have 9 shots on goal (and Vancouver has 22 and 0 goals LOL)

Once the Flames get some more shots, it might be pin the tail on the donkey for Miller.

Or more like put the puck in the back of Miller's net. Quite a few schmucks can probably do that with a blindfold too.

I give Stevie Wonder a 50% chance of scoring a goal in super score-o on the current day Ryan Miller.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
You can still watch the Canadian feed if you can't stand Milbury and Roenick.

I have some transcribing I need to get done in the next couple of weeks, I think I'm going to save it for intermissions in the next round :laugh:

You can always turn on Canucks vs Flames.

Flames only have 9 shots on goal (and Vancouver has 22 and 0 goals LOL)

Once the Flames get some more shots, it might be pin the tail on the donkey for Miller.

Or more like put the puck in the back of Miller's net. Quite a few schmucks can probably do that with a blindfold too.

Oh, I've absolutely been avoiding the Chi/Nash intermission with the Van/Cgy game.
These games are so oddly lopsided it adds another level of amusement.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Canucks power play this series looks like it's ran by it's own hydra.

Looks like what a PP would look like with Mike Shaw, Mike Foligno, and John MacLean all having a hand in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad