Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
No, because the panthers fans, like the Dallas fans haven’t done it before. There’s one common trend:

The hatred for the knights organization and their fans, and the arrogance many have shown certainly make it easy.
Well, hopefully they'll develop as adult human beings and learn to deal with a team they don't like being better then their team.

Always hope for the future being better than today.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
That 2nd goal shows how bad Hill really is...I mean he had time and still could not get across. You'd figure teams would have figured this out about him, every shot attempt should be rapid cross ice passes.
Difference is there’s enough depth in Vegas to play a very protective game and take advantage of miscues. Florida, because they don’t have what Vegas does, has to be more willing to let Bob bail them out and take risks.

Well, hopefully they'll develop as adult human beings and learn to deal with a team they don't like being better then their team.

Always hope for the future being better than today.
The Vegas fans? Agree. The only way they will is when things aren’t as rosy and they have to take what they give.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
The Vegas fans? Agree. The only way they will is when things aren’t as rosy and they have to take what they give.
Plenty of shit in front of us in the future years, I just hope we don't wind up being a fanbase full of assholes and use our team being bad for so long as an excuse.

I guess time will tell.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I actually thought this was the best officiated game. I think that interference/slash on Stone likely should have been called. But that's my only gripe, it was behind the play so I don't think it mattered much.

But I can see why people think there's a double standard when Gudas got 2 for barely touching Carrier, but Petri can cross check someone in the back. Or Hill with the blocker punches that has gotten out goalies suspended.

But if the series is going to be officiated like this? I far prefer it.

Gotta think VGK wins this on Tuesday

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Said in the ECF that either of Carolina or Florida would get man handled by Vegas and people jumped down my throat.

Big deep well coached teams like the VGK win Stanley Cups. Florida got here with some clutch scoring and great goaltending(and let's face it a good deal of luck as well). Not deep enough at F or D. Do they even have a goal from their bottom 6 this series?
The Panthers are missing important depth this year because of a cap crunch. It’s always been chalked up as a re-tool year because cap frees up in this off-season

However, when fully healthy, the depth is actually pretty good. But also very fragile because one top 9 injury derails the whole thing up front and one injury to a defenseman basically ruins the defense

Throughout the playoffs, the Panthers have had great injury luck with the full top 9 and all 6 defensemen healthy outside of 2 games vs Boston (both losses)

This series has been a mess though starting with Luostarainen out from a late shot block in game 4 of the CAR series

That injury has neutralized the normally good 3rd line and causes the 4th line to be even more exploitable

Then you have Tkachuk playing half the game with one arm and Duclair out for a while too and there’s just not enough left

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Colorado would have killed Vegas too. I agree. Extremely weak final.

I have no idea what the hell was wrong with Colorado this year. There may have been some issues going on there off ice prior to even the playoff happenings we are not aware of

Reactions: soothsayer

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
So now rockstar McCauley blows the whistle when it hits the glass, blows the whistle when the puck is totally in play and Pietrangelo crosschecks to the ice is ok but Gudas is a penalty.
Don’t try and tell me the refs aren’t pulling knights. Don’t even try.

Not saying Vegas hasn’t played better.
Just saying the officiating is wildly unfair and inconsistent.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So now rockstar McCauley blows the whistle when it hits the glass, blows the whistle when the puck is totally in play and Pietrangelo crosschecks to the ice is ok but Gudas is a penalty.
Don’t try and tell me the refs aren’t pulling knights. Don’t even try.
The refs aren't pulling Knights, they just suck and are maybe biased against one of the most highly penalized teams playing against the least penalized teams. They may even have money on the game!

OMG

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Sportloqic who is the primary analytic firm tracking the finals for the league.

They have Florida struggling immensely in the neutral zone more than any other series they’ve played

Their icings from the wrong side of center but still in the neutral zone are really really high.

And they were really good on the forcheck in past series, but they are getting zero pressure becuase they can’t skate through the neutral zone with speed. Their puck recoveries have tanked completely

They seem unable to figure out the Vegas in the neutral zone in the slightest

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Plenty of shit in front of us in the future years, I just hope we don't wind up being a fanbase full of assholes and use our team being bad for so long as an excuse.

I guess time will tell.
It’s hard to win with dignity for many in the fanbase if they’ve never understood the difficulties of losing with dignity, I just hope the loudest fans now don’t bail on the team when they finally face adversity.

The refs aren't pulling Knights, they just suck and are maybe biased against one of the most highly penalized teams playing against the least penalized teams. They may even have money on the game!

OMG
Or they’re being told how to officiate the games.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
It’s hard to win with dignity for many in the fanbase if they’ve never understood the difficulties of losing with dignity, I just hope the loudest fans now don’t bail on the team when they finally face adversity.
I don't think Vegas fans have been bad at all in any of the series threads, so I'm not sure what issue you're alluding to, but I guess I'll agree with you.

We will win with dignity, like we lost with dignity a few years ago. Hopefully the losing team can do the same.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I'm impressed that seemingly all of the Vegas players cover a lot of ice- they play fast and not in straight lines.
They tend to.play drunk... but still win.

Or they’re being told how to officiate the games.
I hope the loudest fans do bail. Those are the jackwagons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad