Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
And good luck. No one wins 7 out of 7 without luck.
This.
Things tend to even out bounces wise but the Panthers right now are at least a little bit on the receiving end of those bounces. The blocked shot against the Bs that found its way onto Montour’s stick a great example.

Not taking anything away from them, they have gumption, they’ve ever quit. But 7 OT wins. Crazy

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
There is nothing he did wrong here...

Cross checking is one of the most inconsistently called infractions for sure. Last night behind the net Ekblad stood on the edge of a puck battle and cross checked someone 4 times, each with increasing force. Nothing. In front of the net cross checks are very often let go too.

I think the Gudas one drew attention because he skated out to the player and slivered the blow away from the play, they called it like the they would have a rough.

Which brings me to roughing calls or lack of. How many times can someone punch a guy in the face and not get called. 2011 Marchand on Sedin. Should have been a double minor…think they made it marching. Tkachuk all playoffs long, jabbing guys, usually with no call. Did it again last night even after he got lit up by kolesar.

Refs are woefully inconsistent.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

knowing all that Gudas does on the regular, im sure the refs told him if he puts a stick into another player's back they are calling it. He only does it three times a shift. a bad one to show Gudas you are serious about him stopping but he earns 3 cross check penalties a game on a good night.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The refs have been bad both sides but like cmon that call with 11 seconds left? If it's called like that with Florida's special teams, not much hope.

Speaking of which, Florida's PP is 0-12 if they get it going look out.
Former Jets coach and PP specialty coach, no way they get it going. Perimeter shots only, they have to count on Hill being screened and the puck going through a wall.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
It's very clear which team the NHL office wants to win. The Panthers are going to have to beat the Knights and the refs if they are going to pull this series out.

Nothing more than Florida's antics no longer being enabled. They are lost without them.

Makes up for the other infractions in many other sequences if nothing else.... cannot cry about this and applaud the rest of it. Gudas is a skating penalty machine to keep up with the pace of play.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Nothing more than Florida's antics no longer being enabled. They are lost without them.

Makes up for the other infractions in many other sequences if nothing else.... cannot cry about this and applaud the rest of it. Gudas is a skating penalty machine to keep up with the pace of play.
just telling on yourself.

Thanks for making it easy.

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Conn Smythe now is either Marchessault or Tkachuk -- almost will depend on which team wins it.

HANK30

Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating

Upset that the Panthers handed the Bruins the biggest L in NHL history?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
So I never actually hung my VGK flag outside my (super high rise/luxury) apartment in my downtown area because I didn't really want to bother the locals. After they never lost, I figured there was a jinx possibility.

Now I know, the power of the BattleBorn flag hanging from the apartment building of a fan in a metro area nowhere near Las Vegas will bring the team strength, and I've hung the flag.

So know that there's a decent number of Seattle area hockey fans that will be slightly perturbed by the presence of VGK flags in a prominent place and I'm confident it will bring success and dismay to the only fanbase we're allowed to shit on for being "new."

If the Knights win, I'm claiming credit.
I’m cheering against Vegas because of this guy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This loss was 99% on Cassidy, who went turtle early in the 3rd period and with totally predicable consequences, and 1% on the goal post for stopping Barbashev's shot around the 4 minute mark.

We've watched it all season. Cassidy goes into the turtle with a 1-pt lead and it always bites him in the ass. Over and over and over, bites him in the ass. Yet, like Einstein's description of stupidity, he keeps trying the same experiment over and over and hoping for a different result.

None of this is to take away anything from a gritty and gutsy Florida performance when the guillotine blade was already starting to fall. Cassidy gave them an opportunity to yank their head out of the hole, and they took advantage of it.
I don't think that was as bad a turtle as we've seen in other games. In all fairness. I mean in other games this run, like one against Edmonton we just kept chipping the puck out the neutral zone with no intention of attacking Edmonton's zone. At least in this third period we had rushes to the other end. Maybe not as aggressive as we could've been on said rushes but I didn't think that was a terrible example of turtling. We had our chances and Bob+ the post stopped them.

I think overall Vegas controlled the second and third periods but they could have forced the issue a little harder to earn that third goal. It's a bummer but if they keep suffocating the game Florida wants to play they can take notes from last night and get a couple more wins.

Granted it's only going to get harder to outwork and muffle the Panthers now that they'll be emboldened with that win. But I'm not going to be truly worried until Florida convincingly outplays us to get a win. Or Bob goes sicko mode and we end up down 3-2. That would be worrying lol.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
This.
Things tend to even out bounces wise but the Panthers right now are at least a little bit on the receiving end of those bounces. The blocked shot against the Bs that found its way onto Montour’s stick a great example.

Not taking anything away from them, they have gumption, they’ve ever quit. But 7 OT wins. Crazy

Pasta's puck hitting the shaft of Bob's stick in OT lives rent free in my head.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Glad Tkachuk decided to make an appearance in this series, seems like the casters and analysts were getting bored of talking about other players

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
If Florida wins tomorrow in game 4, do they take the series?

I lean no, I still think Vegas has played better in the 3 games so far and will ultimately win, but they also have choked before in big ways.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Recap of Florida surviving this game:

SmoothAccurateEthiopianwolf-max-1mb.gif

They had no business winning this - but they did it - again. The amount of high danger scoring chances for Vegas must be something else.

This feels like the last hurrah for the cats but hope I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad