GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I’m feeling pessimistic this morning.

With some of the rumors circling around, imagine the following worst case scenario:

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Sennecke
4. Lindsrrom

:help:

• Haha
Reactions: Andrei79

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
I wrote a month ago that there is zéro chance that Chicago pass on a talent like Demidov..even for a great d like Levshunov..I still believe that.

Demidov is a Hawks for me unfortunately.

I don't have Lindstrom in my top 5 so for Montreal my 3 choices are Catton, Buium and Sennecke.

Catton will not be the Mtl pick but Sennecke and Buim could be.

I would trade Matheson for a top 11 thought to pick Berkly later in a heartbeat!!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Do we really need two unidimensional goal scorer in Caufield and Eiserman tho?

First off, while Caufield’s strength is goal scoring, he’s not as useless and helpless defensively as he may be perceived to be. He developed his playmaking and defence a lot this past season which I know is comical given we finished 5th last, but watching games, it was obvious.

Secondly, Habs can’t score goals for shit. We could always use goal scoring. I wouldn’t be onboard picking Eiserman with our 5th, but if he’s still around in the teens and we have an opportunity to move up, I’d say go for it.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
Coming out of this draft with Demidov and Eiserman would be a huge W. I can’t remember the last time we were agressive and moved up in the draft, just the glory days of moving down for more 5th round picks

Reactions: dralaf

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Keeping tabs on Eiserman is really interesting. I think they've played out a ton of scenarios in their head and this draft is going to be the ultimate go-with-the-flow.

For example, and this is just me spitballing... Maybe they miss out on Demidov/Lindstrom and pick a D. To compensate, they move up and get Eiserman when they feel he's available to also leave with a forward they are high on.

Maybe they're really looking to stock the cupboards and grab a Lindstrom/Demidov AND Eiserman.

Maybe it's a smokescreen and Kent's a Game of Thrones level political player.

Either way can we please fast forward 34-35 hours?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Do we really need two unidimensional goal scorer in Caufield and Eiserman tho?
Yeah, we need goal scorers. It's been a weakness of the team for too many years.

We'll have a Pacioretty, Cammy, Kovalev, etc. One guy who lights the lamp and carries the load for a season or two. We rarely have two or more.

I don't care how sound of an approach it is in theory, by-committee scoring this many years in a row has been exhausting.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Yeah, we need goal scorers. It's been a weakness of the team for too many years.

We'll have a Pacioretty, Cammy, Kovalev, etc. One guy who lights the lamp and carries the load for a season or two. We rarely have two or more.

I don't care how sound of an approach it is in theory, by-committee scoring this many years in a row has been exhausting.
Yeah probably. I was under the impression Sennecke would be available around Eiserman so Sennecke would be my first choice but oh well.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Both Engels and Basu get the sense the Habs want to use this pick to trade up into the teens. Eiserman is definitely a guy with a fall risk. I mean I don't want him at the 5 spot but if you get him in the teens after getting Lindstrom/Demidov. You are sitting pretty and that Calgary/Florida pick becomes the trade asset.
Calgary pick not tradable some say. Conditions attached to it

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah probably. I was under the impression Sennecke would be available around Eiserman so Sennecke would be my first choice but oh well.
He may be, he may not be... Could be a smokescreen but apparently the Ducks are high on him for pick #3 according to Scott Wheeler?

Not saying he'll be picked third but if he's on teams list for a top 10 guy, he might not be available where we are looking to trade up.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I don't see any scenario where we select Catton at 5 OA so I am ok with the poll reflecting that.

If Demidov is not there, which I think is the most likely scenario,I think it will be Iginla.
By all logic the Catton fans voted Demidov. Despite Demidov is on the list, Lindstrom got many votes, Iginla 20 and Sennecken 11 and Buium and Leschunov got votes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad